There isn't going to be a single before the tour

LordOfGuns

I agree, we do need to be braced for a let down. It happened when End of Days came out. It happened again in 2002. And now the beginning of the tour is already getting pushed around. I don't understand it.

Hopefully, they are just taking longer to finish the album than that thought, and they just want to make sure they finish it before they go on tour. If that is the case, we should hear an announcement soon saying as much.

But it is very possible that this whole thing is once again going to fall apart. I hope not. And I do still believe we will get the album and tour this year. But we have to be prepared for nothing again.

Exactly, afterall, history repeats itself. My avatar is me getting ready in case it does fall apart. :laugh::huh::(

A8R

Your right, history does repeat itself, when GNR started, everyone panned them, then they went on their ill fated 'Hell Tour' and everyone thought the band was over, they kept going, then released Use Your Illusions and were the biggest band in the world.

Now its a new band that is just getting started, everyone is panning them, and they went on their ill fated 2002 tour and everyone thought the band was over, they kept going, now they are on the verge of releasing Chinese Democracy and could possibly once again be the biggest band in the world.

Damn skippy history repeats itself.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we do need to be braced for a let down. It happened when End of Days came out. It happened again in 2002. And now the beginning of the tour is already getting pushed around. I don't understand it.

Hopefully, they are just taking longer to finish the album than that thought, and they just want to make sure they finish it before they go on tour. If that is the case, we should hear an announcement soon saying as much.

But it is very possible that this whole thing is once again going to fall apart. I hope not. And I do still believe we will get the album and tour this year. But we have to be prepared for nothing again.

Exactly, afterall, history repeats itself. My avatar is me getting ready in case it does fall apart. :laugh::huh::(

A8R

Your right, history does repeat itself, when GNR started, everyone panned them, then they went on their ill fated 'Hell Tour' and everyone thought the band was over, they kept going, then released Use Your Illusions and were the biggest band in the world.

Now its a new band that is just getting started, everyone is panning them, and they went on their ill fated 2002 tour and everyone thought the band was over, they kept going, now they are on the verge of releasing Chinese Democracy and could possibly once again be the biggest band in the world.

Don't be so quick to critisize, because this time its do or fuck the hell off axl, those are the only two options.

By saying history repeats itself I was exemplifying that we have been let down in th past when things seemed to be rolling in the right direction. 2002 was the example. Remeber they crashed and burned and didn't finish the tour?

I'll repeat for like the 3rd time in this thread that I'm not saying either or is more likely thatn the other, but we have to brace ourselves for the worst. Given the past it might be a good idea

A8R

A8R

Don't be so quick to critisize, because this time its do or fuck the hell off axl, those are the only two options.

By saying history repeats itself I was exemplifying that we have been let down in th past when things seemed to be rolling in the right direction. 2002 was the example. Remeber they crashed and burned and didn't finish the tour?

I'll repeat for like the 3rd time in this thread that I'm not saying either or is more likely thatn the other, but we have to brace ourselves for the worst. Given the past it might be a good idea

A8R

Why exactly is it 'do or fuck the hell off Axl' time as his only options? In 2002, the tour had good turnouts, before the tour was pulled, it was the 3rd highest selling tour in North America. As long as Axl shows up to all the shows on the tour, chances are 9 out of 10 that the tour will be a success, with our without a new album.

The only thing that doomed the 2002 tour is Axl deciding not to show up to shows. Axl proved to us that he can handle a rigorous tour schedule with his European tour. If Axl can show up to all the shows, the tour will be a financial success, plain and simple.

Because for example, I saw Motley Crue a couple times, and I remember thinking that GNR had more people at their shows, while Motley had a much bigger stage production, and the Crue tour was very successful, as was the GNR 2002 tour, aside from the cancellations.

Now that there is some promo for the tour (albeit small, but noticibly more visible than the 2002 tour) the ball is in Axls court, all he has to do is show up to all the shows, and not cause any shit or fall off the wagon, and the tour will be fine. If he releases the album, there will be a lot more people at the shows.

But GNR isnt like bands out there today, they can sell tickets no matter when or where they play, they may not sell out 60000 seat arenas, but they can sell 15-20000 no problem. Motley Crue did it, all the 80s bands do it, and GNR did it. If they release an album and it takes off, thats even more ammunition for the band to be huge again.

But I know it wont get to the point where nobody shows up for GNR shows unless ticket prices go through the roof and Axl rarely shows up. GNR will always have a fan base, GNR have the most rabid and dedicated fans. Even if CD flops, it will not be the end of GNR, they will have an audience, and releasing a new album will only expand an audience, not decrease it. Dont worry so much, just start to worry if you go to see GNR and there are only 500 people sitting in the upper balcony.

For what it is worth, The Who also has a huge fan base but not releasing the new album until Oct 31st has hurt ticket sales a bit in my opinion. Unlike The Who however, Guns N Roses ticket prices are very attractive and as a result I can see them doing very well on this tour. Cheers all !!!

T.W.A.T. when you heard about the Stones,Zep,Aerosmith etc. etc. etc. going on tour and you just went!

No questions asked.

The fact that a tour was coming your way was appreciated and celebrated,simply for the fact that it was happening!

No worries about singles or release dates..or videos.

You scored your spot on the sidewalk,sometimes camped out for a few days and IF you were lucky you scored tickets!

ahhhh...the stone ages,life was so simple then! :kiss:

People aren't dumb.

They no this is not the real Guns N' Roses. You know how many times I've had people ask me why I'm going to see them seeing how it's not even the same band and the whole "No Slash" thing? Like abillion times.

This tour will not stay afloat by itself. It needs something to ride on.

Ask Ron! He'll know for sure.

If there is gonna be a single, no way would we be told about it until like a week before.

The "ask Ron" card has been overplayed around here.

It would be appreciated if you stopped.

First ownage since returnage.

People aren't dumb.

They no this is not the real Guns N' Roses. You know how many times I've had people ask me why I'm going to see them seeing how it's not even the same band and the whole "No Slash" thing? Like abillion times.

oh really?...geez,I keep reading on this forum that most fans have no clue Slash isn't in the band anymore!

hmmmm.... :book:

A8R

A8R

Why exactly is it 'do or fuck the hell off Axl' time as his only options? In 2002, the tour had good turnouts, before the tour was pulled, it was the 3rd highest selling tour in North America. As long as Axl shows up to all the shows on the tour, chances are 9 out of 10 that the tour will be a success, with our without a new album.

The only thing that doomed the 2002 tour is Axl deciding not to show up to shows. Axl proved to us that he can handle a rigorous tour schedule with his European tour. If Axl can show up to all the shows, the tour will be a financial success, plain and simple.

Because for example, I saw Motley Crue a couple times, and I remember thinking that GNR had more people at their shows, while Motley had a much bigger stage production, and the Crue tour was very successful, as was the GNR 2002 tour, aside from the cancellations.

Now that there is some promo for the tour (albeit small, but noticibly more visible than the 2002 tour) the ball is in Axls court, all he has to do is show up to all the shows, and not cause any shit or fall off the wagon, and the tour will be fine. If he releases the album, there will be a lot more people at the shows.

But GNR isnt like bands out there today, they can sell tickets no matter when or where they play, they may not sell out 60000 seat arenas, but they can sell 15-20000 no problem. Motley Crue did it, all the 80s bands do it, and GNR did it. If they release an album and it takes off, thats even more ammunition for the band to be huge again.

But I know it wont get to the point where nobody shows up for GNR shows unless ticket prices go through the roof and Axl rarely shows up. GNR will always have a fan base, GNR have the most rabid and dedicated fans. Even if CD flops, it will not be the end of GNR, they will have an audience, and releasing a new album will only expand an audience, not decrease it. Dont worry so much, just start to worry if you go to see GNR and there are only 500 people sitting in the upper balcony.

I have a suggestion for you.

- Stop babling on like a complete retard and read what you are responding to before you post. That reply didn't even say anything about what I had been saying all along, which is we have to be prepared for the worst in case it does happen.

Sure, if Axl doesn't fuck up, the tour will likely be a sucess. Axl Has Fucked Up Before. Like in 02.

A8R

Led Zepellin most certainly had promo singles. It's a common misconception that they did not.

LZ did not release any singles in the UK, promo disks are not singles

There was a time when GN'R could have been compared to Led Zeppelin, but that time has sadly long since passed.

Led Zepellin most certainly had promo singles. It's a common misconception that they did not.

There was a time when GN'R could have been compared to Led Zeppelin, but that time has sadly long since passed.

Even the old band can't be compared to Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin released albums, the older GNR still only had three full-length albums before they were finished. The older band was good, but they weren't that good.

Technically, if they keep pushing the start back, we could have a single before the tour begins.

Thats a good point and your right...or at least I hope you are. I really would love a single before the tour starts...but then again, who wants have have the tour continualy pushed back?

LG

Thats right, but they released about 7 or 8 in the US, and a few later in the 90's to promote the box sets/remasters etc.

Thats right, but they released about 7 or 8 in the US, and a few later in the 90's to promote the box sets/remasters etc.

Compared to artists like the Beatles and Elvis, that's a very small number of singles. The Beatles probably released well over 100 singles in their day I would think. Same goes for Elvis. Just look at the number of records you can buy. There's hundreds and hundreds of official releases by the Beatles and Elvis, and yet well under 50 by Led Zeppelin (and that includes live stuff like the two DVD's they've released and the two live albums, as well as boxed sets).

Edited by GNRfan2008

Ask Ron! He'll know for sure.

If there is gonna be a single, no way would we be told about it until like a week before.

The "ask Ron" card has been overplayed around here.

It would be appreciated if you stopped.

First ownage since returnage.

Sadly I have not enjoyed or found funny even one post made by you.

And I'm not trying to be mean either, I'm trying to tell you either:

A.) Be yourself and stop trying to act like JDRM with all his "pwnage" stuff. That's his.

or

B.) Die.

Edited by GOLDEN

T.W.A.T. when you heard about the Stones,Zep,Aerosmith etc. etc. etc. going on tour and you just went!

No questions asked.

The fact that a tour was coming your way was appreciated and celebrated,simply for the fact that it was happening!

No worries about singles or release dates..or videos.

You scored your spot on the sidewalk,sometimes camped out for a few days and IF you were lucky you scored tickets!

ahhhh...the stone ages,life was so simple then! :kiss:

I seem to remember a time sleeping outside of Sears doors for 2 days for the UYI tour 91' in Wisconsin's early spring, frickin freezin!!! Those were the good old days.....my tix weren't even that great! You pay a emotional price to get them and the concert sounds even sweeter when the day finally comes. LOVE IT! You are right it was simpler then.

People aren't dumb.

oh really?...geez,I keep reading on this forum that most fans have no clue Slash isn't in the band anymore!

hmmmm.... :book:

funny aint it :rolleyes:

as someone who knows about christmas promotion and upcoming releases..for instance the new shins album is due in late january and its been known for months....the fact is that if chinese democracy was to be released in november you would have known about it months ago

thus no cd this year....

Edited by motownjunkie

Maybe there is no single yet because there is still no final mix of the song that was choosen to be the first single.

That there is no promotion for CD and no release date has been given points to the fact that there still is no final master of the album.

The record company will not spent big $ on promoting CD unless they have the final version in their hands.

As long as their is no promotion a release is not imminent.

If you wonder what would happen to record sales without any promotion, just look at what happend to Limp Bizkit a year ago. They dropped "the unquestional truth" without promo/video/single and sold like 30.000 copys in the first week...