AFD voted 9th best album in the world ever!

andybriggs2000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt suprise me, the worst i have seen it at is 63 i think for the rollingstones top 500 best albums but rollingstones list is so shit they place most of their albums even the shit ones before other great albums. i am alright with the albums on there, maybe a metallica album shoulda been on there but none the less good top 100.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

Hi

Just thought I'd let you guys know that AFD was voted the 9th best album ever produced on a TV programme in the UK last night - this is some mean feat and it beat some huge albums as well.

The top 100 can be seen at:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/m...ms/results.html

Maybe we'll see CD up there one day in the future!!

Andy

Bullshit list!!!! :anger:

The RS list was at least close to reality. This list has an Outkast album higher than Neil Young's "After The Gold Rush", says it all right there.

If Axl were to sit down and make a list of the top 100, in his opinion, I'd say "A for D" would be on it, but not in the top 30. There's been too many great albums over the past 40 years that would have to weigh in higher.

no axlskAmpf - wrong... clearly the song Paradise City is worth more than all of the top 100 albums together...theres no more summerish song than Paradise than I´ve heard of or anyone else, everybody...like the lyrics...take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...whats not to understand there? clearly the best lyrics ever voted by unbiased jury...take me down motherfukcers to the paradise city, simple as that...where the grass is green motherfukcer...

no axlskAmpf - wrong... clearly the song Paradise City is worth more than all of the top 100 albums together...theres no more summerish song than Paradise than I´ve heard of or anyone else, everybody...like the lyrics...take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...whats not to understand there? clearly the best lyrics ever voted by unbiased jury...take me down motherfukcers to the paradise city, simple as that...where the grass is green motherfukcer...

Nice opinion and all, But I think Axl would still have to say Sgt. Peppers, Blonde on Blonde, Pet Sounds, Revolver, Led Zep1, Electric Ladyland, and Astral Weeks are of a different league. Thriller, maybe not, but the others have the acclaim above for a reason.

The good news is RS ranks Appetite at 61, higher than great records like ZepIV, Physical Graffiti, ZepII, Axis Bold As Love, and Let it Be. So the respect IS there, and you should be happy about that.

So, in closing, No Roses eats lions, WRONG!

u2 sucks afd is better then any cd they put out. radiohead is ok but way too high. and the only reason nevermind sold so many cds is bc cocaine blew his fucking head off. AFD should be mucyh higher then nine. No way is a child molesterand a fucking lesbo ahead of guns.

u2 sucks afd is better then any cd they put out. radiohead is ok but way too high. and the only reason nevermind sold so many cds is bc cocaine blew his fucking head off. AFD should be mucyh higher then nine. No way is a child molesterand a fucking lesbo ahead of guns.

:rolleyes:

Nevermind was released 3 years before Cobain killed himself, there was quite a few people who traded in their copies of UYI for Nevermind around the time they were both released.

Molester? Lesbo?

Grow up...

clearly you have some good points.

Thanks, and I agree "Paradise" is a great summer classic!

As to Colt...

u2 sucks afd is better then any cd they put out.

Basically agree, they were good back in Joshua days, and before, but agree A4D is better.

radiohead is ok but way too high.

Basically agree, love Radiohead, but way too high for same reasons as previously stated.

and the only reason nevermind sold so many cds is bc cocaine blew his fucking head off. AFD should be mucyh higher then nine. No way is a child molesterand a fucking lesbo ahead of guns.

Whooooooa! Stop the presses!

1. I never knew Kurt saw a "child molester", and his memory should not be tarnished with such BS.

2. Nevermind sold millions of copies 3 or 4 years, and 2 official releases, before he killed himself...and the jury is still out on that one. He brought punk back only with fantastics hooks and melody, and like GnR made the 'big hair pretty boy' crap look rediculous.

3. Kurt was great, period. This was noticed, and respected, by Axl. (See hat in Making Fn Video's) He respected Kurt immensely, until Kurt failed to return said respect. Of every band out there Axl wanted Nirvana to play his birthday party, that refusal and the VMA thing didn't sit too well with our man, but he still respected his work and genius. You should too.

Peace

Update: See, me and Charles always agree on these things. You said it Mr. Manson.

Edited by axlskAmpf