Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music won't speak for itself if no one gets to hear it.

And if he's not interested in fame, why bother putting the album out at all? Just continue to play it at parties in his mansion in the pool room.

I have to agree.

It would be tough to make music history if nobody knows about it or hears it.

And for those who think Axl doesn't care if it's a success or not, think again. This is the same guy who has taken almost a decade to finish this album because he wants it to be perfect. Of course he cares how it's received and if it succeeds. He has a lot to prove to the naysayers and to his former bandmates.

Look at all the things that Axl has done over the years. Yes he cares. Yes he wants to succeed and be loved accepted. He is not a God he is indeed mortal, but even though he has those needs the things he does and how he does them are ultimatly for himself, not for the band, not for the record company and even though it really upsets some not even ultimatly for the fans. For those that get it fine, but if they don't get it it is there loss. He still sleeps at night because he knows he did it his way. It may sound corny as hell, but I have watched from the beginning and though I do not KNOW him personally I do believe that his actions make this point clear to anyone really paying atention over the years. And as for "It would be tough to make music history if nobody knows about it or hears it." Get real. How many fans are there old and new? How many stations are going to play it just because it is the long awaited masterpiece. Even if they diss it they will play it and then it will be for people to decide if they like, if they get it. Do you think you will get it? Do you like what you have heard so far? Axl will know and it won't be just sales or even primarily sales he will be looking at,IMO He will be looking at fan response. We just need to let him know we get it.

And if he's not interested in fame, why bother putting the album out at all? Just continue to play it at parties in his mansion in the pool room.

I have to agree.

And for those who think Axl doesn't care if it's a success or not, think again. This is the same guy who has taken almost a decade to finish this album because he wants it to be perfect. Of course he cares how it's received and if it succeeds. He has a lot to prove to the naysayers and to his former bandmates.

Look at all the things that Axl has done over the years. Yes he cares. Yes he wants to succeed and be loved accepted. He is not a God he is indeed mortal, but even though he has those needs the things he does and how he does them are ultimatly for himself, not for the band, not for the record company and even though it really upsets some not even ultimatly for the fans. For those that get it fine, but if they don't get it it is there loss. He still sleeps at night because he knows he did it his way. It may sound corny as hell, but I have watched from the beginning and though I do not KNOW him personally I do believe that his actions make this point clear to anyone really paying atention over the years. And as for "It would be tough to make music history if nobody knows about it or hears it." Get real. How many fans are there old and new? How many stations are going to play it just because it is the long awaited masterpiece. Even if they diss it they will play it and then it will be for people to decide if they like, if they get it. Do you think you will get it? Do you like what you have heard so far? Axl will know and it won't be just sales or even primarily sales he will be looking at,IMO He will be looking at fan response. We just need to let him know we get it.

That's nice and all, but, if he is just ultimately doing it for himself, like you suggest, then why the hell does he care about fan response and if we "get it". Why even release an album then. Hey, his bud Baz liked it. That should be enough.

Ye, all a bit weird over at htgth, have any mods here recieved the same, delete all threads regarding the article shit??????????

Please keep us informed.

i agree that is so weird. this is one of the biggest news items going around. i think it should definatly be discussed. why would gnr management ask him to take it down? (if that is even the case.) as hardcore fans, we should be able to talk about whatever we want... especially after waiting for the cd for so long. doesn't make sense to me, it just makes people not want to go to that website.

anyway.. cant wait to hear "sorry" and its great news that the whole album was played.

Don't know if it's been said before, but Radiohead's Kid A album of 2000 was not promoted in any big way by the band but was spread through word of mouth and mostly on internet forums not unlike this one. I think it was thouroghly suprising to critics and fans alike when it went to No. 1 in the USA on its first week.

yea but Thom Yorke is God

is this the same merck who said "2005 is the year of Guns n Roses"

I fucking hate this cryptic motherfucker. WTF is so wrong with giving out the release date.

after we get CD, lets all decapitate him

Edited by jester

I have to agree.

Look at all the things that Axl has done over the years. Yes he cares. Yes he wants to succeed and be loved accepted. He is not a God he is indeed mortal, but even though he has those needs the things he does and how he does them are ultimatly for himself, not for the band, not for the record company and even though it really upsets some not even ultimatly for the fans. For those that get it fine, but if they don't get it it is there loss. He still sleeps at night because he knows he did it his way. It may sound corny as hell, but I have watched from the beginning and though I do not KNOW him personally I do believe that his actions make this point clear to anyone really paying atention over the years. And as for "It would be tough to make music history if nobody knows about it or hears it." Get real. How many fans are their old and new? How many stations are going to play it just because it is the long awaited masterpiece. Even if they diss it they will play it and then it will be for people to decide if they like, if they get it. Do you think you will get it? Do you like what you have heard so far? Axl will know and it won't be just sales or even primarily sales he will be looking at,IMO He will be looking at fan response. We just need to let him know we get it.

That's nice and all, but, if he is just ultimately doing it for himself, like you suggest, then why the hell does he care about fan response and if we "get it". Why even release an album then. Hey, his bud Baz liked it. That should be enough.

Ha Ha touche, but the truth of the matter is I think we will let him know we get it because it matters to us that we let him know, not because we think it matters to him. But like I said before he is human, even if he is the self proclaimed, King Dick. Perhaps I was not clear, by ultimatly I mean that even though he wants success and approval it is not the PRIMARY driving force behind what he does. Does that make my position more clear?

Guest ben9785

Thanks alot for posting this article.. that's fucking amazing

I'm gonna circulate a copy of that to everyone at work lol

I can kind of agree and disagree with theories behind whether or not the album gets any advance notice before release. Then again this album has been a myth and so long in the making you can't expect anything normal It would be a big trip, one day for you to walk into the cd store and it's just sitting there on the shelf by itself. .. imagine if staff members at record stores or whatever across the world are receiving incoming deliveries of a morning or afternoon and they find a stash of "Chinese Democracy" albums out of nowhere with no notice... That alone, all around the world, as word gets around..there will be a shitload of fucking excited people for starters and insane hype would build .. then as the GNR fans come out of 10-15 year hibernation and amass to the record stores in large scales.. and remember these are guns n roses fans not Blink 182 fans..I can see the odd crazy drunk bastard or 500 rioting and causing attention breaking into record stores or causing chaos in queues at cd stores...that'd be funny.. anyway that's just my speculation

As for a single release..again just my own opinion..but I guess the leaks are the closest we will get to a single/pre-album release, it almost works as a nice little ep

1. Better (Demo)

2. I.R.S (Demo)

3. There Was A Time (Demo)

Anyway thanks again for posting the info

Did anyone else think the comment "the album Sebastian Bach can't get out of his head" was intended to be tongue in cheek?

As if anyone on the face of the planet gives a shit about what Sebastian Bach likes (I'm a long time Skid Row fan).

That's kinda like reviewing the new Britney albums with a line like "the album Donnie Wahlberg can't get out of his head."

Regardless, Bach is a bit of a legend... it's good publicity.

I emailed Bach back in 03 and asked him if he'd heard any of the new GnR songs and what he thought and his response was:

"I dig Madagascar."

The only thing that would make me skeptical of this new comment is that Axl is helping restore Sebastian's career by brining him on this tour. You think Bach would play ONE MORE date with Axl if he dissed the new GnR album? Of course not. So he almost has to say it kicks ass.

On the other hand, Sebastian does pretty much wear his heart on his sleeve. Which is why he is sort of a prima-donna jackass at times. If he says he really likes a song or album, you almost have to tend to believe him.

Also, from what I've read and seen of him, he tends to lean more to the heavy metal side or music than the butt-rock side. While famous for songs like I Remember You and 18 and Life, I think he likes Monkey Business and Youth Gone Wild better. He's a huge old Ozzy fan. So if he says that there is a heavy doom song that he can't get out of his head, I'm guessing he's really telling the truth about that.

I emailed Bach back in 03 and asked him if he'd heard any of the new GnR songs and what he thought and his response was:

"I dig Madagascar."

The only thing that would make me skeptical of this new comment is that Axl is helping restore Sebastian's career by brining him on this tour. You think Bach would play ONE MORE date with Axl if he dissed the new GnR album? Of course not. So he almost has to say it kicks ass.

On the other hand, Sebastian does pretty much wear his heart on his sleeve. Which is why he is sort of a prima-donna jackass at times. If he says he really likes a song or album, you almost have to tend to believe him.

Also, from what I've read and seen of him, he tends to lean more to the heavy metal side or music than the butt-rock side. While famous for songs like I Remember You and 18 and Life, I think he likes Monkey Business and Youth Gone Wild better. He's a huge old Ozzy fan. So if he says that there is a heavy doom song that he can't get out of his head, I'm guessing he's really telling the truth about that.

Nice read. :)

"I dig Madagascar."

Nice read. :)

I'm guessing you haven't read many of his posts...

This is the standard Mr Apollo sets. B)