Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else think the comment "the album Sebastian Bach can't get out of his head" was intended to be tongue in cheek?

As if anyone on the face of the planet gives a shit about what Sebastian Bach likes (I'm a long time Skid Row fan).

That's kinda like reviewing the new Britney albums with a line like "the album Donnie Wahlberg can't get out of his head."

Very funny and good point. I've rarely heard him being negative (or even objective) about anything let alone anything to do with Axl 'Seb Bach's ticket back to success' Rose. My heart sank when I read his ringing endorsement for the new album; I'm also old enough to remember his excitement around the UYI timeframe for Right next door to hell.

I was a Skid Row fan too, and fondly recall them lighting up Wembley Stadium on that day in '91, but deferring to him for opinion on the album doesn't give me confidence.

I'm not surprised he can't get that album out of his head, afterall, it's not like there are loads of brain cells competing for room :)

Very funny and good point. I've rarely heard him being negative (or even objective) about anything let alone anything to do with Axl 'Seb Bach's ticket back to success' Rose. My heart sank when I read his ringing endorsement for the new album; I'm also old enough to remember his excitement around the UYI timeframe for Right next door to hell.

I was a Skid Row fan too, and fondly recall them lighting up Wembley Stadium on that day in '91, but deferring to him for opinion on the album doesn't give me confidence.

I'm not surprised he can't get that album out of his head, afterall, it's not like there are loads of brain cells competing for room :)

Also very funny and a good point. :D

How are ya Mr Richie?

I emailed Bach back in 03 and asked him if he'd heard any of the new GnR songs and what he thought and his response was:

"I dig Madagascar."

The only thing that would make me skeptical of this new comment is that Axl is helping restore Sebastian's career by brining him on this tour. You think Bach would play ONE MORE date with Axl if he dissed the new GnR album? Of course not. So he almost has to say it kicks ass.

On the other hand, Sebastian does pretty much wear his heart on his sleeve. Which is why he is sort of a prima-donna jackass at times. If he says he really likes a song or album, you almost have to tend to believe him.

Also, from what I've read and seen of him, he tends to lean more to the heavy metal side or music than the butt-rock side. While famous for songs like I Remember You and 18 and Life, I think he likes Monkey Business and Youth Gone Wild better. He's a huge old Ozzy fan. So if he says that there is a heavy doom song that he can't get out of his head, I'm guessing he's really telling the truth about that.

Cool Post.

Fuck i'm away for less than a week and all the great stuff starts happening, the ads and this and wooooh

I'm so happy! It's going to be a great album.

A thing that caught my attention was that the mixer has worked with Nirvana, not that I'd hate the band

or that Axl ever would've but still...

Has anyone actually gotten this issue yet? The article on Rollingstone.com says it's merely a "preview" of the ish itself,so is there more to it,or just what we've already read? Also,is there a picture included?

Damn.I was also hoping for a review from the San Fransisco show Rolling Stone attended,but the only thing I saw was in the last issue (Fergie cover),with the small mention of "I Saw You At Guns N Roses".Ya know,the feature about fashion,concert wear,etc.

I don't think there will be no promotion but little before the album and lots after its out. but beyond anything i am just happy to hear gnr yay its almost here see it pays off to believe :wub: :xmasssanta: are there pics in the rolling stone???

Edited by chesire78

Rolling Stone magazine has apparently unearthed some more information on the long-delayed new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. According to a report in the issue that hit stands on Friday, October 20th, singer W. Axl Rose threw a party at his house on September 23rd, where he played the album in its entirety for his guests. Among those in attendance was ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, who described the record as "mind-blowing," adding, "It's a very cool album -- it's badass with killer screams, killer guitar riffs, but it's got a totally modern sound. The word for it is 'grand.' It's fucking epic."

While a release date for Chinese Democracy has not been announced, Guns N' Roses manager Merck Mercuriadis has said that the CD will arrive before the end of 2006. Even more intriguingly, the manager told Rolling Stone, "I don't know that we will announce a release date. You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there."

GNR kicks off a North American tour next Tuesday (October 24th) in Sunrise, Florida. Mercuriadis said that the group will add more dates in early 2007 and will tour the U.S. next summer as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/10/guns-n...nd-blowing.html

Rolling Stone magazine has apparently unearthed some more information on the long-delayed new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. According to a report in the issue that hit stands on Friday, October 20th, singer W. Axl Rose threw a party at his house on September 23rd, where he played the album in its entirety for his guests. Among those in attendance was ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, who described the record as "mind-blowing," adding, "It's a very cool album -- it's badass with killer screams, killer guitar riffs, but it's got a totally modern sound. The word for it is 'grand.' It's fucking epic."

While a release date for Chinese Democracy has not been announced, Guns N' Roses manager Merck Mercuriadis has said that the CD will arrive before the end of 2006. Even more intriguingly, the manager told Rolling Stone, "I don't know that we will announce a release date. You just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there."

GNR kicks off a North American tour next Tuesday (October 24th) in Sunrise, Florida. Mercuriadis said that the group will add more dates in early 2007 and will tour the U.S. next summer as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/10/guns-n...nd-blowing.html

Sorry bud, it's a repost.

Has anyone actually gotten this issue yet? The article on Rollingstone.com says it's merely a "preview" of the ish itself,so is there more to it,or just what we've already read? Also,is there a picture included?

Damn.I was also hoping for a review from the San Fransisco show Rolling Stone attended,but the only thing I saw was in the last issue (Fergie cover),with the small mention of "I Saw You At Guns N Roses".Ya know,the feature about fashion,concert wear,etc.

Well I picked up the October 19th issue of Rolling Stone (The one with Fergie from The Black Eyed Peas on the cover) and unless I’m blind this article is Not in the magazine. The only GN’R mention is some fashion piece about some guy wearing a GN’R T-Shirt.

What happened to the story? Do you think that it’s possible that Merck had it pulled? Is this why HTGTH was banning all talk of the article? The link still works:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...ocracy-tidbits/

This sucks! Maybe the article will be in the next issue of Rolling Stone?

It is in the RS issue with the Congress cartoons on the front.

Thanks! Would you happen to know what the date is on that one? (The one that I have is dated October 19th & has Fergie on the cover)

How often does RS come out? Every 2 weeks?

Thanks! Would you happen to know what the date is on that one? (The one that I have is dated October 19th & has Fergie on the cover)

Nevermind I found it. It's the: November 2, 2006- Issue No. 1012

https://m1.buysub.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...1&langId=-1

Edited by neon2002

Nevermind I found it. It's the: November 2, 2006- Issue No. 1012

https://m1.buysub.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...1&langId=-1

Okay I picked up this issue of Rolling Stone and the article is in it but from what I can see it doesn't say anything more than the internet:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...ocracy-tidbits/

Even though the online article says that there is more info in the magazine...

Edited by neon2002