Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dumb thing about the socalled "self promotion" is that for us, the fans, it´s OK, cause we will promote it to eachother but the regular John on the street will never hear of it until it´s already out. I think they should promote it cause no one really listens to crazy ass fans who say "it´s coming", "democracy starts now! or "he´s back!!!" when they´re trying to convince people that GN´R is back. Are they gonna try to be a big band again or not, that´s the question. I can´t belive they will release it with no promotion, their record label must be going nuts if that´s the case.

I doubt it will come out next Tuesday. That Rolling Stone article says Nov. 2 at the top of it. Has that issue been released yet? If they release it next Tuesday, then this will be old news by Nov. 2 and they will be writing about the actual album.

don't magazines usually date themselves one cycle ahead... like if it's monthly it will be dated one month later than it's release (feb issue comes out in jan, etc)

how often is RS published?

am i right on this?

yes you are..

I'm tired of listening to Sebastian kiss Axl's ass in the press like he is dying to fuck him. Having said that, I like how he has a big mouth and talks about the secret shit. I especially like the possibility of there being another song. I used to to think that the album wasn't out because Axl didn't have enough material for an entire album.

The dumb thing about the socalled "self promotion" is that for us, the fans, it´s OK, cause we will promote it to eachother but the regular John on the street will never hear of it until it´s already out. I think they should promote it cause no one really listens to crazy ass fans who say "it´s coming", "democracy starts now! or "he´s back!!!" when they´re trying to convince people that GN´R is back. Are they gonna try to be a big band again or not, that´s the question. I can´t belive they will release it with no promotion, their record label must be going nuts if that´s the case.

Maybe the promotion will start when the album's released. The tour will be in full swing and gaining momentum... think of the proverbial snow-ball and the hill.

I will be placing a loud speaker on my car announcing CD, then i will walk down my local shopping center with the words " CD starts now " on my bare arse, aswell as spamming the shit out of every messege board i can find.

I will be placing a loud speaker on my car announcing CD, then i will walk down my local shopping center with the words " CD starts now " on my bare arse, aswell as spamming the shit out of every messege board i can find.

Yep. All the old Gunners that used to like them will hear about it, then they'll tell other people. It would be all over record stores at this point. Damn this shit cam happen pretty quick!

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

People here seem not realise that this article may put GNR on "the cover of the Rolling Stone". That would be more promotion than most bands ever receive before an album.

Just a FYI, I'm a RS subscriber and got my issue yesterday, Thursday, in Seattle. The article is on page 15 and covers about half of the page on the right side.

is there any more info in the article that hasn't been posted online?

Nope..they do have a different pic of axl though...it's from the Inland Invasion.