Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

Well ya see, Jarmo thinks he is above everyone now. He got a shout-out from Axl once and now he is on his personal ego trip. Personally, I think he is nothing more than a twat with ban priveledges. :xmasschef2:

Actually, Jarmo wasn't even at the show where Axl mentioned him.

Speaking about twats with ban priveledges...there's more then Jarmo around. I haven't seen many banned from HTGTH over the years, unlike here, where people are banned day in and day out.

No offense Alex, but all you seem to do is whinge about this place. I like you man, but if all you can do is whinge about how we run the forum, then there's a "Log Out" button you can always hit.

We don't ban people here without good reason.

Anyway, on topic... what do people make of Merck's line at the end? Sarcasm or sincerity?

I hope he's not sincere about that. I've thought for awhile now that this cd wouldn't be marketed like any other cd, but i never imagined they'd just throw it out there without saying a word. I don't think they'll be able to get it out without us finding out about it beforehand, and if they do, they are genius, IMO.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ya see, Jarmo thinks he is above everyone now. He got a shout-out from Axl once and now he is on his personal ego trip. Personally, I think he is nothing more than a twat with ban priveledges. :xmasschef2:

Actually, Jarmo wasn't even at the show where Axl mentioned him.

Speaking about twats with ban priveledges...there's more then Jarmo around. I haven't seen many banned from HTGTH over the years, unlike here, where people are banned day in and day out.

No offense Alex, but all you seem to do is whinge about this place. I like you man, but if all you can do is whinge about how we run the forum, then there's a "Log Out" button you can always hit.

We don't ban people here without good reason.

Anyway, on topic... what do people make of Merck's line at the end? Sarcasm or sincerity?

No - I meant, that I've seen more people here banned in a month, then I've ever seen banned at Jarmo's site.

And, the twats with ban powers wasn't towards anyone here. It seems like I meant it to say for here, but it's meant towards other forums. Not GNR related ones at that.

It sounds like sarcasm to me. The line where he says that they don't know if they'll announce a release date gives it away for me. Regardless of what they're doing, they know by now.

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

Precisely.

Do you have any evidence of this? Any previous example? Any proven model?

No, that's why the original poster said "could." If you don't know, that means it could happen.

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

Precisely.

Do you have any evidence of this? Any previous example? Any proven model?

(1) The media have been talking about this album for 10 years, and will freak out over the release.

(2) The media will not only freak out that it's actually released, but they'll freak out that it was a sneak attack, and there will be all kinds of reports about it.

(3) By the end of the first couple days, a lot of people will know that it's out due to the media frenzy over it.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Hey, remember the Sega Saturn and its surprise release?

You don't? Exactly. Not a great idea, Merck.

How effective was the Internet back then? Almost not at all compared to now. And second of all, this has been hyped by the mainstream media (Associated Press, MTV, etc.) for the last 10 years. Do you really think they won't make a big deal about it being released? I'll sell you some oceanfront property in Arizona if you believe this will go unnoticed because of little or no promotion. The AP will have an article in every newspaper across America either the day of release or the day after, and MTV will be making a pretty big deal about it. Not only that, but as with most new releases, I'm sure iTunes will have a big old feature on their homepage bragging that they've got the album for sale.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Keep in mind that the charts are not a race. Whoever gets to #1 the fastest isn't necessarily gonna sell the most albums. Look at 'St. Anger'. There is some method behind the madness of this strategy. It has potential to sell more and more copies by the week once people start hearing about it, kind of like Appetite. The fact that no other musician has released an album like this before will also likely garner some quality media attention. It's all about psychology. This could end up being a brilliant move.

I'm balls-to-wall pumped!

Keep in mind that the charts are not a race. Whoever gets to #1 the fastest isn't necessarily gonna sell the most albums. Look at 'St. Anger'. There is some method behind the madness of this strategy. It has potential to sell more and more copies by the week once people start hearing about it, kind of like Appetite. The fact that no other musician has released an album like this before will also likely garner some quality media attention. It's all about psychology. This could end up being a brilliant move.

I'm balls-to-wall pumped!

Yep, there would be media coverage of the marketing strategy on stations like CNBC for example. They always cover stuff like that where there's some kind of innovative business strategy. And yes, AFD was completely unknown when it was released, and has sold well over 15 million in the U.S. alone (and that's a minimum from the RIAA...estimates are around 20 million if I'm not mistaken). Regardless, CD will have to be absolutely unbelievable to sell more than 5 million copies in the U.S. at this time. It'll probably sell 2 million if it's good, but if it's great it'll sell in the 3-5 million range. If it's out of this world great, it could get above that but I wouldn't bet on that number. 3 million is more likely.

Well I hope merck was being sarcastic, just because not many people go every tuesday just to see what new cd's came out. People don't have time for that, plus that's just not going to work, sure, the media will cover the release, but not for long, maybe a segment here and there but it'll die out quick. The media will cover the release either way, why not promote the album and hype it up, and then release it and let the media do some work for you to?

rollingstonechidem.jpg

WhyTF does it say "HT ... GTH" in the background?:question:

I have no clue. I downloaded the pic as it is. Probably the original poster put that in the background, I don't know.

Gypsy sent Jarmo the scan...Jarmo posted it like that with the background.

3 million copies, way to shoot high! The Killers' debut "Hot Fuss" sold like million in the US.

Imagine that all you hardcore metalheads, a glam pop gay band outselling GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES :rolleyes:

OMG IMAGINE THAT!!!11

You make the most ridiculous points, you know that? The quality of the album is completely unrelated to whether it outsells bands like The Killers. That's purely driven by what's popular in mainstream music right now.

It just so happens that "glam pop gay bands" are popular with teenagers right now, so that's what they spend their money on. Whether or not GN'R - a band from the 80's that's percieved as being "uncool" by the wide majority of today's teens - can sell as many albums as The Killers is completely irrelevant. Why don't you bring Britney into it? N*Sync? The Backstreet Boys? Spice Girls? They all sold in huge numbers, but in no way is that a reflection of the quality of their music.

There's a brain inside the idiotic exterior you put on for the forum. Can you just post with it for once? I'd really be interested to hear you say something intelligent for a change, because I know there's someone with half a brain behind the personality you put forward when you post.

3 million copies, way to shoot high! The Killers' debut "Hot Fuss" sold like million in the US.

Imagine that all you hardcore metalheads, a glam pop gay band outselling GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES :rolleyes:

OMG IMAGINE THAT!!!11

You make the most ridiculous points, you know that? The quality of the album is completely unrelated to whether it outsells bands like The Killers. That's purely driven by what's popular in mainstream music right now.

It just so happens that "glam pop gay bands" are popular with teenagers right now, so that's what they spend their money on. Whether or not GN'R - a band from the 80's that's percieved as being "uncool" by the wide majority of today's teens - can sell as many albums as The Killers is completely irrelevant. Why don't you bring Britney into it? N*Sync? The Backstreet Boys? Spice Girls? They all sold in huge numbers, but in no way is that a reflection of the quality of their music.

There's a brain inside the idiotic exterior you put on for the forum. Can you just post with it for once? I'd really be interested to hear you say something intelligent for a change, because I know there's someone with half a brain behind the personality you put forward when you post.

Great post. I also like how we're all labelled as "hardcore metalheads" by you Jackamo. You truly do know what music everyone listens to :rolleyes:. Your logic is garbage.