Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah this is some great news. Maybe it'll drop the Tues before the tour starts...... you think? Wouldnt that just blindside everyone. lol.

Blindside a mainstream that doesnt give a shit? With no promotion, CD has about as much attention as the Save the Last Dance 2 and Behind Enemy Lines 2 DVDs that just came out.

(And if you didnt even know these movie sequels existed.....exactly.)

Oh yeah this is some great news. Maybe it'll drop the Tues before the tour starts...... you think? Wouldnt that just blindside everyone. lol.

Yesterday alot of us were doubting that CD would be released at all, now were starting to believe next tuesday :rofl-lol: And still no real information :rofl-lol:

Yesterday alot of us were doubting that CD would be released at all, now were starting to believe next tuesday :rofl-lol: And still no real information :rofl-lol:

the tour does start on tuesday the 24th. maybe i'll have to walk into best buy tues. the 24th.

merck kind of indicated there is not going to be any real info

OMGSH!!!!

Let's put 13 million dollars into a album, make fans wait a decade, and release it without anyone ever knowing it! that's genious!

Actually it is. This way it get's away from all the bullshit hype that goes with release dates.

Considering how well the GNR Great hits has sold with ZERO PROMOTION. 3million and counting so far. I think it is safe to say the new will sell crazy fast ones it comes out.

Also AXL may have used all his promo money to finish the album.

If they wanted to even due a half assed promo job one would be looking at millions of more dollars promoting a album that will sell itself.

DO you think U2 or Oasis or Metallica need massive campaigns to sell their CD. HELL NO.

Also maybe you herd of a little movie calls "THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT" THis movie sold because of the underground hype created on the web.

Trust me this is the marketing strategy.

I personally think the album will be released exclusivly on GnR's website in conjunction with I-TUnes and then the CD will follow in stores a week or 2 later. This will allow the album to come out without anyone being able to leak it first.

APPLE IS KNOWN FOR IT'S HORDING OF SECRETS.

^ i think you're insane

I doubt it will come out next Tuesday. That Rolling Stone article says Nov. 2 at the top of it. Has that issue been released yet? If they release it next Tuesday, then this will be old news by Nov. 2 and they will be writing about the actual album.

don't magazines usually date themselves one cycle ahead... like if it's monthly it will be dated one month later than it's release (feb issue comes out in jan, etc)

how often is RS published?

am i right on this?

I doubt it will come out next Tuesday. That Rolling Stone article says Nov. 2 at the top of it. Has that issue been released yet? If they release it next Tuesday, then this will be old news by Nov. 2 and they will be writing about the actual album.

don't magazines usually date themselves one cycle ahead... like if it's monthly it will be dated one month later than it's release (feb issue comes out in jan, etc)

am i right on this?

You could be right, but I'm not really sure. I was throwing that out there.

am i right on this?

yes your right

Eh, at least we've got yet another new song title to throw into the mix - At this rate, I'll be curious to see if some of the older new songs even make the cut (Madgascar and CD itself in particular, as they haven't been played quite as much as The Blues, Better and IRS during this year's concerts).

personally i think theres a clue in this. Before the tour started, even before the leaks started; Rolling Stone published the story on Axl at the Korn party... where it said the following:

"Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."" - low and behold we have one new song title (better) and one reassured as correct (TWAT). These songs "better and TWAT" are then leaked and then they are played live, along with another new one I.R.S. to which ROlling Stone also said was a working title in a previous issue. And was also in very low quality thanks to Trunks radio broadcast.

Ok so what do i think it means, and if someone pointed it out earlier i apologise.

Axl planted these song titles for what seemed to be a purpose, the songs are now within our media libraries and in our cd players. But this is a result of a previous mention in the Rolling Stone. I personally think I.R.S. was released because it was out there in that scratchy format of 3 or so minutes without an intro, so why not deliver the full funcional demo. seems logical. Axl stated Better and TWAT to RS... demos surface, they're played live!

Now with this new tid bit, Axl plays CD at his party, Sebastian Bach mentions title of a new song to RS.... Sorry.

Says it's haunting and can't get out of his head, with a flavor of Doom Metal, clarifies this as a Rocker to me. We've been all on here saying that the first single should be a killer rock track thats catchy and in your face. This very well could be what he's aluding to. Something tells me we may get another demo and a new song live. OR something even grander... could this possibly be the first single off Chinese D?!

I dunno, i just don't think Bach would just blab any old song title to RS, possibly he knows it to be the first single and is hyping it up.

Eh, we'll find out soon enough, right? haha

personally i think theres a clue in this. Before the tour started, even before the leaks started; Rolling Stone published the story on Axl at the Korn party... where it said the following:

"Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."" - low and behold we have one new song title (better) and one reassured as correct (TWAT). These songs "better and TWAT" are then leaked and then they are played live, along with another new one I.R.S. to which ROlling Stone also said was a working title in a previous issue. And was also in very low quality thanks to Trunks radio broadcast.

Ok so what do i think it means, and if someone pointed it out earlier i apologise.

Axl planted these song titles for what seemed to be a purpose, the songs are now within our media libraries and in our cd players. But this is a result of a previous mention in the Rolling Stone. I personally think I.R.S. was released because it was out there in that scratchy format of 3 or so minutes without an intro, so why not deliver the full funcional demo. seems logical. Axl stated Better and TWAT to RS... demos surface, they're played live!

Now with this new tid bit, Axl plays CD at his party, Sebastian Bach mentions title of a new song to RS.... Sorry.

Says it's haunting and can't get out of his head, with a flavor of Doom Metal, clarifies this as a Rocker to me. We've been all on here saying that the first single should be a killer rock track thats catchy and in your face. This very well could be what he's aluding to. Something tells me we may get another demo and a new song live. OR something even grander... could this possibly be the first single off Chinese D?!

I dunno, i just don't think Bach would just blab any old song title to RS, possibly he knows it to be the first single and is hyping it up.

I tend to agree with you. I too found it kinda interesting that the 3 new songs they played live on this tour were the 3 (excluding CITR) that were leaked a couple months prior. A little too odd if you ask me. Almost as if they wanted us to be a little familiar with the new material and to give us a taste of what was to come in the fall.

Im way excited to hear Sorry, after Baz hyped it up so much. Then again, Im just psyched to hear any official song from the new album.

rock3

Edited by sofine11

I for one think he would :lol: He seems to be the kind of guy that, once he gets excited about something, he'll just talk about it. He probably really dug the tune, so he mentioned it.

I honestly don't think Baz talked about the album in such detail WITHOUT having full permission from GN'R to do so. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they ENCOURAGED it as a way to create hype. I'm almost 100% sure 3 of the 4 leaks were from the band, so I'm pretty sure they had something to do with Bach talking up "Sorry" so much. It quite possibly is the first single. Ya never know though, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, actually. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

And I'm also fairly certain that 3 of the 4 leaks were intentional on the part of the GNR camp - I think that CITR, however, was an unexpected appearance from a different source altogether.