Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

insiders...haha...spread the bullshit motherfuckers.

Merck was joking when he said it was coming out without promotion.Expect this album to be out in 2007.

I expect it to be out mid november

oh come on ...your going to be dissapointed...im just being honest here but its possible that a single or a film clip for the single in late november or early december but not the album until next year

Consider how many sources Rollingstone have within the music industry and it's highly probably that they can get very good information. As much as the magazine has gone down hill over the past few years, I really don't see them just printing something unsubstantiated.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me that last bit was sarcasm...

BUT it could work as a strategy. Think about it, an album as notorious as this is released without any real promotion. The sheer audacity of it will make the news spread like wildfire. And you don't know what he means exactly by that. When they say it could just 'be there' one Tuesday, doesn't mean it'll just be hiding in the GNR section waiting for some eager fan to come check. Posters, displays full of the album...could all spring up overnight, so just by walking past the shop you'd notice it. If that were to happen, by the end of it's first day of release, just about everyone will probably know about it.

Good thought, that would be even more awesome!

I've been saying that for the last 24 hours. ;)

Why do you NEED to have a promotion? People will buy it sooner or later. They don't need to go for a 10 million single day sale record or anything...

Without promotion, the first weeks sales won't be as high as they could be. The media will pick up on this and report that the album has been a flop and the poor sales are a sign that the album sucks. That will hurt sales.

People will go to see a movie that is hugely successful because they think means that it is good and the same reasoning applies to albums. If people hear that CD is selling huge numbers, they'll pick up a copy to see what all the fuss is about. People are sheep.

Something tells me that last bit was sarcasm...

BUT it could work as a strategy. Think about it, an album as notorious as this is released without any real promotion. The sheer audacity of it will make the news spread like wildfire. And you don't know what he means exactly by that. When they say it could just 'be there' one Tuesday, doesn't mean it'll just be hiding in the GNR section waiting for some eager fan to come check. Posters, displays full of the album...could all spring up overnight, so just by walking past the shop you'd notice it. If that were to happen, by the end of it's first day of release, just about everyone will probably know about it.

True :) They are obviously aware of a very strong fanbase they have, who will buy the album with promotion or without. What they are doing at the moment is really just a build up of anticipation i guess... and to be honest I personally wouldn't mind a surprise release after all these years. :book:

No way, you gotta promote this thing. Let people spread the news. Let the general fans hear about it and want it and make them wait for the release date. Let that anticipation build and build....... FINALLY CHINESE DEMOCRACY Nov 21st. Have billboards 10 days left..........9 days left......

ie. What a normal promotional team would do.

Don't know if it's been said before, but Radiohead's Kid A album of 2000 was not promoted in any big way by the band but was spread through word of mouth and mostly on internet forums not unlike this one. I think it was thouroghly suprising to critics and fans alike when it went to No. 1 in the USA on its first week.

Merck has said that may be no promotion BEFORE the album hits the stores... but i think that ONCE the album is out, there have to be a lot of promotion, tv spots, radio, banners everywhere, magazines, news papers, interviews... a lot, since the very fisrt day the album comes out.

With this strategy you blow the media, avoid speculation, avoid leaks, everything... and start a heavy media campaing from the very release day.

Merck has said that may be no promotion BEFORE the album hits the stores... but i think that ONCE the album is out, there have to be a lot of promotion, tv spots, radio, banners everywhere, magazines, news papers, interviews... a lot, since the very fisrt day the album comes out.

With this strategy you blow the media, avoid speculation, avoid leaks, everything... and start a heavy media campaing from the very release day.

Well said! that's what i think.. :) Oh we are going to have a great Christmas!!

Mmm i'm so happy. :xmasssanta:

hold up....does merck's statement mean that there will never be any promotion and any single vdeo for chinese democracy? :o

Did you read it?

Of course its doesn't.

but man...it fuckin sounds like limp bizkits last album...there was nearly zero promotion however the songs were crap

hold up....does merck's statement mean that there will never be any promotion and any single vdeo for chinese democracy? :o

Did you read it?

Of course its doesn't.

but man...it fuckin sounds like limp bizkits last album...there was nearly zero promotion however the songs were crap

Bizkits last CD was fucking terrible. There will be promotion soon for CD.

Did you read it?

Of course its doesn't.

Hardly comparable.

I think the most important thing stated in the article is the quote by Merck which will start the article off.

The fact that he is still standing strong by the "10 Tuesdays left...It will come out on one of those Tuesdays." means that they are going to release it this year. But things change often.

Edited by GOLDEN

I'm totally blown away by the deleted threads on HTGTH. I usually post over there, but you know a situation is messed up when you can't even discuss the possibility of a CD being released.

I wrote this over there, before the thread was removed, but what other company would do such a thing.

If I had a product coming out, and a bunch of people were online discussing it and wanted to buy it, the last thing I would do was try to stop them talking about it, which is what Merck and/or Jarmo are doing with the new CD.

It's so assbackwards it's not even funny.