Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl isn't interested in fame, he just wants to put out a solid album. We've been waiting for years for this, its not like it needs heavy promotion.

I gotta disagree King Dick, I'm sure Axl cares about charts, but saying so wouldn't be very "rock n' roll". It needs heavy promotion, we've been waiting years for this and we don't need a FLOP.

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

We have a winner! Man, i'm surprised loads of people haven't already figured this out.

If this comment is true:

There's no release date for the album at this moment, according to Merck Mercuriadis "you just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there".

Then maybe they won’t even give us a release date.

Might be a good way of not leaking the album.

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

We have a winner! Man, i'm surprised loads of people haven't already figured this out.

**click click**

the promo just clicked into second gear!

...and it's already working ;)

So is merck telling us that there will be no promotion??? :confused:

go read the letter Merck wrote to that asshole last year when he said "2005 would be the year of GNR".

Axl isn't interested in fame, he just wants to put out a solid album. We've been waiting for years for this, its not like it needs heavy promotion.

The music will speak for itself.

The music won't speak for itself if no one gets to hear it.

And if he's not interested in fame, why bother putting the album out at all? Just continue to play it at parties in his mansion in the pool room.

Topic removed from HTGTH :rofl-lol:

P4A is correct, Axl is like all musicians, he craves that high you get from being excepted, even if your main concern is to be true to your art you still need that adoration that got you into the hot seat to start with.

If Merck believes you can release CD with no promo then he has a much higher opinion of the un-proved new gnr than the outside world will or does.

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

if it was fake, they wouldn't be removing all threads about it as soon as they pop up with no explanation.

we are in for a huge surprise, people.

VERY SOON.

Sorry but this kind of hype just fucks people up and the bands reputation, the only surprise for most members here is when they get fuck all and start slating the band for another let down :unsure:

if it was fake, they wouldn't be removing all threads about it as soon as they pop up with no explanation.

we are in for a huge surprise, people.

VERY SOON.

It is weird that HTDGTH is removing all threads that mention Rollingstone Magazine, the new track Sorry..

Tell that to Limp Bizkit, they put out an album w/zero promotion or release date and it didn't sell at all. I know Limp Bizkit is not GNR in terms of popularity but I'm just saying, no promotion has been tried before and it didn't work.

some fuckign wierd shit is going on over at HTGTH :@

Mods are just deleting all threads that even mention this new article

WHAT THE FUCK !!!

Give us a reason why you're deleting all the threads

CJ

It's probably fake. Take my word on the subjects. This album won't come out without 2 months notice.