Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

Precisely.

i strongly disagree, only people on the internet forums or the readers of some articles in some magazines will know what is happening

you need some promotion

trust me, in ireland no rock albums are promoted and rarely do well

yet albums that are promoted do well

it is stupid to say no promotion at all is best, as you could see from ticket sales in some areas with no promotion

If it's a Rolling Stone article, erasing it from obscure message boards won't solve ANYTHING. Cuz it's still gonna come out in ROLLING STONE.

Read my post on the last page. The article was dated November 2nd. We could've gotten it too soon.

Edited by IndiannaRose

The feat of just releasing an album, without any proper promotion, could generate massive promotion itself

Precisely.

i strongly disagree, only people on the internet forums or the readers of some articles in some magazines will know what is happening

you need some promotion

trust me, in ireland no rock albums are promoted and rarely do well

yet albums that are promoted do well

it is stupid to say no promotion at all is best, as you could see from ticket sales in some areas with no promotion

You need promotion to do well in the first week. After that, the album survives by radioplay, word of mouth, etc. Promotion isn't always long-term. Just because this album has been in the works for a while doesn't mean it needs long-term promotion.

A good album will sell itself after the first month.