New Track - "Better" - Used In Harley-Davidson Ad

captaint

I just listened to I.R.S. for the first time in like 3 months, and I have to say I think it would make a better first single than Better.

Not that I think Better wont be a good single, I just think I.R.S. would be the best first single. I.R.S is more of a straight up rock song, when Better does have some pop elements to it.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great, but I personally think it sounds too slow and flat. Then again it's just a clip.

rock4

Yeah they've obviously messed about with the EQ for the advert.

But still it sounds great

hopefully IRS will have more tempo on the actually cd, it will kick Better

Wow, this is the most random thing i've ever seen - never would have expected this.

Better - in a harley commercial??? weird as hell

Sounds pretty much the same as the demo to me though, maybe just a little cleaner.

And htgth is removing this??? WHAT IN THE FUCK!! Obviously Harley had permission to use the song in thier commerical.

Thats great, but I personally think it sounds too slow and flat. Then again it's just a clip.

rock4

Yeah they've obviously messed about with the EQ for the advert.

But still it sounds great

hopefully IRS will have more tempo on the actually cd, it will kick Better

Hopefully IRS will be like it is live; different intro, tempo, the extra solo, etc...

:o cool :xmasssanta:

When the sheep are at the fountain, you can hear what i presume is axl singing something in the background, sounds to me like no no no no :book:

What do you lot think hes saying??

Great stuff. Aint stopped listening this song for 8 months or so and i'd be excited if it were first single. It's catchy and the structure is awesome. Not so with I.R.S. Lyrics let it down. The ad version just sounds cleaned up and mixed better vocal wise, though the guitar ending may be different. Anyways, who cares, CD is on the way!!!

You would think Axl is aspiring to go the way of Bon Jovi or something. Poppy tunes in TV commercials. I wonder if that is going to be viewed as a sell-out or not if this is a large ad-campaign for the company. To think it was only a couple weeks ago a former GNR icon was being crucified for doing a similar thing.

Sounds absolutely nothing like Bon Jovi. Sweet Child was poppy, so what? Both songs still rock. It's not Axls fault he creates such killer hooks. Do you want an album full of Silkworms?!

Edited by alstonuk

I think that (of the songs we have heard) 'Better' is the most logical choice for a first single -I've been listening to it almost everyday since it leaked. I'm a HUGE fan of the song. .......... but does the ad best represent the song to the masses who have NEVER heard the song.

I don't know the way they used the pieces of the song...I think it kind of sounds flat in that version...it's missing the best parts. I'm sure the whole song is going to be amazing but what do you think the people who haven't heard Axl for fifteen years are going to say?

I think that (of the songs we have heard) 'Better' is the most logical choice for a first single -I've been listening to it almost everyday since it leaked. I'm a HUGE fan of the song. .......... but does the ad best represent the song to the masses who have NEVER heard the song.

I don't know the way they used the pieces of the song...I think it kind of sounds flat in that version...it's missing the best parts. I'm sure the whole song is going to be amazing but what do you think the people who haven't heard Axl for fifteen years are going to say?

*que Red Europe for a link to some other forum where all the posts he copies are negative...while there are also some very positive posts as well*

I'm sure the whole song is going to be amazing but what do you think the people who haven't heard Axl for fifteen years are going to say?

The clip makes Axl sound wimpy as the song comes off very poppy. People still think of GNR as the band that gave them WTTJ, and probably would have been better served releasing a balls to the wall rock song to show the fan base they still have it. Better is so poppy GNR will come off as being soft, and not the rock band people want to remember.

can someone tell me what part of the song is playing? Im at work and I cant actually listen to it yet. Ive heard the demo a million times so even a vague description would help...is it the heavy part? the verses? or the chorus?

can someone tell me what part of the song is playing? Im at work and I cant actually listen to it yet. Ive heard the demo a million times so even a vague description would help...is it the heavy part? the verses? or the chorus?

a bit of the intro a bit of the first verse, then the part before the outro and the outro

its a mix of the intro, and the end bit really :/

CJ

They play the beginning of the first verse- guitar part- then they play the last verse and then the ending of the song.