Predictions: How Well Will "Better" Do In The Charts

Jackamo!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dani California was #1. Anything GNr comes out with will be better than that.

Tbizzle

Not on the Hot 100 it wasn't.

And incase you didn't know the Chili Peppers were still current when Stadium Arcadium was released. You know, people outside of there fanbase knew that they still existed.

Dani California was #1. Anything GNr comes out with will be better than that.

Tbizzle

Not on the Hot 100 it wasn't.

And incase you didn't know the Chili Peppers were still current when Stadium Arcadium was released. You know, people outside of there fanbase knew that they still existed.

Ya, I hear you. But no one can deny that there is potential for CD to do very well. The possibility is there, although it seems unlikely.

Here's the thing - I really like Better. It's a ballsy poppy rock song, and it's different from anything else out there - But I really think it's more like 2nd or 3rd single material.

The intro guitar will throw a lot of people, and some may not even give it the chance it deserves and miss out on the killer middle section of the song.

I'm still not totally convinced that Better will launch as the 1st single yet though - The wording on the Harley Davidson site called it an "exclusive, unreleased" track - If it was the single, I think they would've worded it much differently.

It will maybe be a #1 rock single, but there is no way it will ever make top 40 because it won't penetrate the Kiss FM sphere necessary to have a top 10 single.

Are you saying that a number one song on the rock charts won't be anywhere to be found in the popular top 40 charts?

:shocked:

Step away from the crackpipe.

no one outside of here who ive played any of the new songs to likes them' so i say not very well

I didn't know they had CD players in the mental ward, Lawrence.

truth hurts eh :book:

Not really, you're the one behind bars in the padded room. Do you want me to visit with a loaf of bread?

Better won't even make a dent on the charts. This is a horrible first single, there's nothing catchy or memorable about it - young people who are used to hearing WTTJ and SCOM are going to hear "YOU KNOW I KNOW YOU KNOW BETTER.. NOW WE ALL KNOW BETTER!!" <weird computer effects> and be like "What the fuck" and turn off their radio.

Can't blame them - of all my friends I've had listen to Better, the reaction is either that or, "Eh, it's decent, I want to hear what else is on the album though"

I think it wil be a #1 single, assuming MTV drives the video into the ground-which they will.

... :rofl-lol:

Sweet Child O' Mine, just barley made #1.

It was there for a week. That was back in the 80's where GN'R type music ruled the charts. It won't even come close to top 5.

Remember that while SCOM had a pop sound to it, it also has one of the best guitar solos ever, which is NOT conducive to being played on pop radio even in the 1980s when hair metal ruled the roost so to speak.

im real worried about how high it will get.. hopefully this album takes the US by storm..

In response to comments about Buckcherry.. Crazy bitch was the song they really needed. It's not a great song, but they are a great band. They may be my number 2 after GNR

Christ, people who think Chinese Democracy will reach the number one spot on modern sharts, needs to get their stupid head out of their fat ass.

The world has changed, charts is what mtv or some other gay music channels wants it to be.

Better is imo a good song, but it is not even a topp 20 song in any way.

It`s just the way it is, people don`t give a fuck about rock music these days as long there ain`t that emo/rap shit metal that pop`s up every week.

The bottom line is, we the GNR fans like the new stuff, but the outside world will never accept it.

Don`t get me wrong, but i still love GNR and allways will.

my humble opinion :)

Christ, people who think Chinese Democracy will reach the number one spot on modern sharts, needs to get their stupid head out of their fat ass.

The world has changed, charts is what mtv or some other gay music channels wants it to be.

Better is imo a good song, but it is not even a topp 20 song in any way.

It`s just the way it is, people don`t give a fuck about rock music these days as long there ain`t that emo/rap shit metal that pop`s up every week.

The bottom line is, we the GNR fans like the new stuff, but the outside world will never accept it.

Don`t get me wrong, but i still love GNR and allways will.

my humble opinion :)

I.R.S., a crappier song, actually charted around 40 on rock radio earlier this year as a DEMO. "Better" will be a top 5 rock track for sure, and likely #1 on the rock charts. I doubt it will have much crossover success though. It'll be lucky to make the top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100 pop chart.

99% of kids have heard of Guns N Roses since "Welcome To The Jungle" was on GTA : San Andreas

and there a few guys in my class who like rap but still think GNR are cool because of there violent image, but their in for a shock :P

This kid in FRONT OF ME for Halifax tickets was talking to his buddy about how GNR would never of been popular if they didn't have their song in GTA!! :rofl-lol: That pissed me off... The irony...