Oh My God

FunkyMonk

Ive been listening to this song for a while now...and it is so awesome. just read the lyrics while you listen to it and it will hit you. some of the best lyrics axl has ever written....IMO.

:):):huh:

I really like this song. One of its downfalls it the over-industrial edge it has on it. I think it was over done in that aspect. It's a shame because if it weren't so industrial I truly believe that it could have been the next welcome to the jungle.

The lyrics are pissed off, it's got a bad ass melody, decent guitar solo, two bass guitars, axl yelling at his best and clearest...Fucking Pittman, he screwed it all up and even though I like Pittman enough, I think he may fuck up alot of the songs we here on Chinese Democracy.

I hope OMG is on there but re-done.

A8R

i agree with that Axl sounds so angry in the song its crazy and the scream near the end is awesome i would just prefer it to has a rawer angrier edge to it... but man is pittman fucks up the songs most fans will be pissed

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is a pretty awesome track. rock3 i thought it was alright at first. it took hearing it live to really hit me though. rir3 to be exact. now i love the studio version too. honestly, i haven't heard another new song that rivals its energy. i would love to hear a more stripped down studio version though. don't get me wrong i don't necessarily dislike the electronic elements, but i think it has a little too many of them going on in the studio version which distracts from how rocking the song is. perhaps a more subtle use of the electronic elements like we've heard with better and there was a time would work?

i love it and im sure i read somewhere that merck was angry that OMG was used on end of days because it was still only a demo version... would love to hear a full studio though

Umm, so whoever was producing the End of Days soundtrack, went and stole that demo for inclusion on the soundtrack? Gimme a break, I am sure that the band at the time would have had an opportunity to polish it up if they had wanted to. Nobody forced them to release that song.

If we are talking great as in Estranged, Coma and Breakdown etc, then OMG is not a great song on that level. As a b-side, sure but not in the upper level of Guns songs IMO.

Also merck wasn't even the manager then... it was doug goldstein....

I don't like it. It's my least favourite NewGNR track after Silkworms.

It had a lot of potential though. The lyrics are cool, and so is the melody. I just don't like the industrial sound. It would be a cool song if it was more of a "you could be mine" kind of rocker.

i love it and im sure i read somewhere that merck was angry that OMG was used on end of days because it was still only a demo version... would love to hear a full studio though

Umm, so whoever was producing the End of Days soundtrack, went and stole that demo for inclusion on the soundtrack? Gimme a break, I am sure that the band at the time would have had an opportunity to polish it up if they had wanted to. Nobody forced them to release that song.

If we are talking great as in Estranged, Coma and Breakdown etc, then OMG is not a great song on that level. As a b-side, sure but not in the upper level of Guns songs IMO.

Also merck wasn't even the manager then... it was doug goldstein....

sorry dude my bad... but im sure that he was angry that it was used :unsure:

I think it's a really good song - And a very interesting one, as it seemed to be a natural "rock" extension of My World and the sound that Axl was going for at the time... but given the rest of the new material, it's kinda off on its own stylistically.

Still a very cool song though, and I love Axl's vocals - Aggressive as hell.

I liked the song on the soundtrack, but loved the version they played in Vegas in 2001. It had a wall of sound, which, combined with the lyrics, made it very powerful. If I recall correctly, the lyrics are about the sexual abuse Axl experienced as a child.

I liked the song on the soundtrack, but loved the version they played in Vegas in 2001. It had a wall of sound, which, combined with the lyrics, made it very powerful. If I recall correctly, the lyrics are about the sexual abuse Axl experienced as a child.

im pretty sure thats not what it says in the band that time forgot but now i listen to the lyrics and that actually fits in with them... that idea of abuse

Ive been listening to this song for a while now...and it is so awesome. just read the lyrics while you listen to it and it will hit you. some of the best lyrics axl has ever written....IMO.

:):):huh:

I like it, but I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it great. Good Yes! Great no.

one of the best gnr songs ever, honestly, this songs rocks hard.

!!!! You FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!? One of the best GNR songs EVER!!!! Yea, apparently a lof of people agreed with you, ya know judging by its success. NOT. Jesus, that song is fucking terrible. Lyrics are def good... but the rest is just trash. It's not a GNR song at all. It was an experiment by Axl to see if people would like the direction he wanted to take. OBVIOUSLY, no one did, so he's trying to get back to what made him the best in the world. Which isn't industrial crap.

Chill homie.

It wasn't even released as a single. It was a bonus on a soundtrack.

Unless, you're a diehard fan, you're not going to even know about it. So, you can't really judge it by 'how well it sold'. Maybe outside of your 30 something group of friends, there are people who wouldn't associate with you or GnR that actually liked it and were surprised to learn it was GnR?

They probably, thought, "Gezz, I never knew Slash could do that." So, unless you have real facts to support your claim that a lot of people were turned off by it like they were with Slash's Snakepit and his cameo appearances with POP stars, then you shouldn't speak for the rest of us.

And how do you know, there aren't going to be more songs like that on CD? Axl said there will be three CDs and the latter ones will most likely contain materials too advance for those still stuck in the 80's.

Listen to OMG with an open mind and try to see how GnR was able to blend the old with the new. Axl has said that some of the leads and solos were "Izzy-like". A thin-veiled swipe at Slash.

Edited by Anti