Appetite for Destuction vs. Cowboys From Hell

Sprite

Dimebag is about as fast as you can get

But sadly, guitar isnt all about speed, and Slash deals out way more emotion in his playing. I like Dimebag, but Slash gives me fuckin shivers like no other.

and what is emotion in playing realy? make funny faces and use alot wibrato(sp?) :huh:

You can play with emotion when you play fast too and Panteras music is much more angry and dimebag played with much more angry emotion ;)

EDIT: it's alot more people thats faster then Dimebag but he was fast.

Exactly. It is emotion when you play fast.

Listen to Cemetary Gates if you want to hear good emotional guitar playing.

Those albums have nothing in common (except they're both excellent), you can't compare them.

I only compared the 2 because it is what set the bands onto mainstream music.

Edited by Sprite

But sadly, guitar isnt all about speed, and Slash deals out way more emotion in his playing. I like Dimebag, but Slash gives me fuckin shivers like no other.

and what is emotion in playing realy? make funny faces and use alot wibrato(sp?) :huh:

You can play with emotion when you play fast too and Panteras music is much more angry and dimebag played with much more angry emotion ;)

EDIT: it's alot more people thats faster then Dimebag but he was fast.

Exactly. It is emotion when you play fast.

Listen to Cemetary Gates if you want to hear good emotional guitar playing.

Im not saying Dimebag didnt play with emotion, Im just saying I like Slash's phrasing better. Its a taste thing.

Anyway, both are great albums, but overall AFD wins in my opinion. Cowboys just didnt have that same impact on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDa27NKPaDc

I wouldn't say Dimebag is all about speed. There was alot of emotion in his playing. When I think about speed, I think about guitarists like MAB, Yngwie, etc etc... not Dimebag. Dime was in a league of his own.

Anyway, both are great albums, but overall AFD wins in my opinion. Cowboys just didnt have that same impact on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDa27NKPaDc

I wouldn't say Dimebag is all about speed. There was alot of emotion in his playing. When I think about speed, I think about guitarists like MAB, Yngwie, etc etc... not Dimebag. Dime was in a league of his own.

I guess the way I worded that made it look like I was basicaly saying he was all about speed, my bad.

I aint baggin Dimebag or saying he was an emotionless shredder, Im just saying Slash playes with a stronger feel, in my opinion.

Dimebag was great and yeah, defanetly in a league of his own. I just feel way more when Slash playes, you can fully understand where hes comming from when he improvises, hes like a second vocalist.

Great vid by the way

Edited by sweetness

Topics like this are fucking pointless. You just can't argue taste. If someone belives CFH was better, they will not be convinced by any post that they are wrong and the same goes for AFD. There is no way to make an objective comparison, so why continue the argument?

I'd say that slash could probably outplay douchbag darrel today, but that's just a guess.

If your nickname is dimebag, then it's probably not a huge shock when your whiskey tango ass gets riddled with bullets. :rolleyes:

Slash wouldnt even touch Dimebag, as much as I love Slash.

I'm not going to even start fighting with you about that redneck comment. Eat horseshit, you're pathetic.

On-topic: You cant compare the two albums, totally different style.

But Vulgar is much better than CFH, but that doesnt mean CFH isnt excellent. It has classics like Cemetary Gates, CFH, Psycho Holiday, Domination, Primal Concrete Sledge, The Sleep etc. etc.

cowboys from hell rocks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy harder than afd, but there is just something about AFD that makes it an amazing album. Afd is more thourough of an album, but when it comes to balls out rock CFH takes it. Both are amazing.