Surprise Release Strategy is an Insult

milkboy

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm beyond frustrated with all this waiting. Honestly think about how much time and energy you've put towards wanting this album. Years and years have passed and thousands of die-hards have stayed loyal to Axl and the new band by never giving up hope. The thing that Axl does not understand is that thousands who read these boards are ones who rarely criticize or attempt to flame the band for bad setlists. Most people on here are huge fans who use these boards to get information about a band which tries its hardest to keep everything secret.

Now, after all of these years, all of the silence, all of the "one-step forward, two steps backward" incidents that have occured, we have been told that an album will be delivered to us this year. Praise God - this is what we've been waiting for - now just tell us when - just give us a date. It could have been an Oct date, a Nov date, or a Dec date. We just want something written in stone to look forward to. We've waited long enough. We deserve to know when.

Nope. Axl won't do that for his loyal, long-suffering fans who will be the first to buy his masterpiece by the way. We don't need a catchy single, or a great concert to coerce us into rushing to the store. We'll be there first thing in the morning probably buying more than one copy.

Instead, Axl fucks with us one more time. No release date? It will just be there one Tuesday? This is being spun by the Axelites as "brillant marketing, genius, no one's ever done this before" You know what the real reason is - Axl doesn't want to commit to a certain date so he simply keeps everything secret so when he fails to deliver, he hasn't really lied. Problem is...time's running out. It's almost Thanksgiving and we still know nothing.

It sucks being a fan of something or someone who continually lets you down and pisses you off.

Edited by milkboy

If we get it by the end of the year ill be happy, release date or not. In the end getting the album is all that matters. Although it would lesson the tension, I could honestly give a shit about promotion and release dates. Sorry but as diehard, I am not offended.

I don't care anymore, I just want the damn album to come out.

If it's not out by January 1st, 2007, then I'll start complaining. :)

I´m with you. I´ll be ranting all the boards till they fucking choke on Jan 1st 2007 if I don´t have CD in one way or another. ;):rofl-lol:

Edited by Lukinx

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm beyond frustrated with all this waiting. Honestly think about how much time and energy you've put towards wanting this album. Years and years have passed and thousands of die-hards have stayed loyal to Axl and the new band by never giving up hope. The thing that Axl does not understand is that thousands who read these boards are ones who rarely criticize or attempt to flame the band for bad setlists. Most people on here are huge fans who use these boards to get information about a band which tries its hardest to keep everything secret.

Now, after all of these years, all of the silence, all of the "one-step forward, two steps backward" incidents that have occured, we have been told that an album will be delivered to us this year. Praise God - this is what we've been waiting for - now just tell us when - just give us a date. It could have been an Oct date, a Nov date, or a Dec date. We just want something written in stone to look forward to. We've waited long enough. We deserve to know when.

Nope. Axl won't do that for his loyal, long-suffering fans who will be the first to buy his masterpiece by the way. We don't need a catchy single, or a great concert to coerce us into rushing to the store. We'll be there first thing in the morning probably buying more than one copy.

Instead, Axl fucks with us one more time. No release date? It will just be there one Tuesday? This is being spun by the Axelites as "brillant marketing, genius, no one's ever done this before" You know what the real reason is - Axl doesn't want to commit to a certain date so he simply keeps everything secret so when he fails to deliver, he hasn't really lied. Problem is...time's running out. It's almost Thanksgiving and we still know nothing.

It sucks being a fan of something or someone who continually lets you down and pisses you off.

Man, you sure are hardcore enough to take your username from a few lines at the end of "Sympathy for the Devil", I'll giveyou that

True. I just don't let it get me down anymore. I expect the album to never come out. Then, one day God willing, when it does, I'll be happy.

what exactly does it take to "stay loyal" to axl rose, not insult him?

An Album?

sorry i'll rephrase what does it envolve being loyal? people want credit for waiting? It's not asif they've invested money. The fact is people who bitch about how they deserve it just want to boast to their friends about how they've been right all along.

Guest Edward Rose

Axl obviously does things differently for different reasons. I can think of a FEW reasons why...

1. No one will be able to say it was a flop if little or no promotion

2. When's the last time a band's fans were the ONLY ones to get a new CD when it comes out? (if it pops up on the shelf one Tuesday)

3. Just like waiting to go on stage, this wait also makes fans anxious. (it's fun!)

There are also things going on this time around that WEREN'T going on before. Like the successful tour... the M.J. Fox public statement. And even magazine interviews that haven't come out yet.

Just chill, and remember to check your major record store every Tuesday.

Why do you want a release date? What would you love the most? The date anoucement or CD itself!?

I personally think that a possible surprise release would be awsome and the best thing for this band..first of all it would be the perfect act of promotion! For instance here in Portugal the News on TV don't usually anounce album's coming out, though i'm pretty sure that the Guns N' Roses comeback with the extra of that comeback being a "surprise" will be mentioned on news. It's just a thought!

I don't really understand how that could be an insult, after all if you're a die hard, the only thing you want is to hear Gn'R music. And all people complaining and bithcing about the lack of promotion, and sayin tha Axl is an asshole because he never mentions CD on the shows would have their explanation --> all part of the surprise release plan, witch i think is great!

Rock On Gunners!

Now is for sure..the goddamn album is coming out..(i hope so lol)

If you don't like it,shut your mouth bitch. It's easy to complain but it's not gonna help. Have you ever asked to yourself why you are a G N' R fan in the first place before you start whining??

Guest Edward Rose
Complaining forced Axl to lose weight, ditch the gangsta rap look and change up his set list.

Of course complaining helps.

He never lost weight since 2002. He just started wearing clothing that won't allow cameras to catch "bad angles."

Don't you and Jackamo have a video game to play or someting?

If you don't like it,shut your mouth bitch. It's easy to complain but it's not gonna help. Have you ever asked to yourself why you are a G N' R fan in the first place before you start whining??

Complaining forced Axl to lose weight, ditch the gangsta rap look and change up his set list.

Of course complaining helps.

Do you realy think that Axl has doing those things because some people (on the net) asked for it?? :lol: How long for now are we asking for an album? Nothing has changed in all these years imo. They are doing a tour at this moment. But they also did 1 in 2002. They are planning to release the album this year. But how many times did Axl promised us that before. It's easy to promise something but he also have to achieve it.

I see this thread has been taken over by the idiots again.

Sorry, i'm an idiot because i don't agree with your oppinion?? Next time keep your ideas for your self and shuff 'm up your ass if you can't stand it when people have their own oppinions about a subject.