New Interview With Izzy:

Markus89

Q: Obviously a lot of fans would like to ask various questions on the GnR tour. Anything you feel comfortable telling us would be appreciated...how it came about, your reaction to getting that first telephone call inviting you, any future plans with the band....?

Izzy: I spent my summer vacation touring w /Axl`s new gnr and had some fun playin live again. Amazing fans out there.... it's hard to believe at times.fantastic! GNR tour: Axl and I connected via cell phone this year, I stopped bye to see if he looked as old as he might be............ Same age as myself, you know and he looked great! It was nice to reconnect with an old friend/war buddy/fellow musician. I told him later I'd like to join the fun in some way and he said I was welcome to come and play something, so I did! Took me about 3 weeks to recover from the 6 weeks of touring!!!!

Read full interview here

I think it's funny how casually he treats it. Izzy's so cool. I mean, for us on the various forums that night his reunion was huge, and the idea of Axl and Izzy speaking to each other let alone performing together was massive. But for Izzy it was basically just stopping by to see how Axl looks, and saying he was interested in joining in on the fun! :)

Actually that quality is what irks me about Izzy. I wish he would care more. He seems so nonchalant about the whole state of affairs with GnR and any talk of reunion. After all these years he seems to not have any interest/passion in recapturing the glory of guns or making music in a serious way.

He's a badass and his apathy is what makes him so cool, but still...man I wish he'd give a fuck...

Actually that quality is what irks me about Izzy. I wish he would care more. He seems so nonchalant about the whole state of affairs with GnR and any talk of reunion. After all these years he seems to not have any interest/passion in recapturing the glory of guns or making music in a serious way.

He's a badass and his apathy is what makes him so cool, but still...man I wish he'd give a fuck...

You are forgetting that Izzy has been around the block a few times with Axl. He knows that there is nothing to get excited about when making plans with Axl. I am suprised that even flew to Europe.

its funny how some of you are surgesting how 'good friends' they are considering axls bashing of him during the 2001/2002 tour and including that whole boston rant about izzy just been to wasted to play any good at shows!

sometimes makes me think infact uncle axl is a double jive talker!

Edited by Slash n' Burn

Cool interview, that's awesome they're still truely friend after all that happened. I think it's good for Izzy to finally get some notice, but I personally don't like that song they played on the site with the article. What happened to his old lyrics?