Is December 31st the breaking point for most?

fantomas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think that whenever it comes out I'll be far too intrigued by it to not buy a copy. Sure, I know I could download it, but that's hardly the same - I'd want to see the cover, booklet, everything. Curiosity for ya.

As for the "still being a fan" question; I'm not really one now - not in the proper sense - so the "still" doesn't apply to me. Obviously, that would be because the new reincarnation of the band hasn't given me quite enough to judge them by just yet. So basically my "fandom" doesn't really depend on when CD comes out, just what its quality will be like.

I think there is a rule somehwere that after more than 3500 posts on a GNR fan site, you have to be a fan.

Oh, I'm practically obsessed with the old line-up, but really, I don't see how I could call myself a proper fan of the new one :question: - I'm dead curious about them, sure, but I've only heard a couple of demos or concert-quality songs, some of which I liked, most of which didn't really make an impression upon me, so I have serious reservations about using the word "fan." But that's just me.

Ah, and my post count is mostly due to the non-GNR and old Gunners' sub-forums, if that clears things up.

Will you marry me? :wub:

If it ain't out by the 31st, I will be really pissed off, but I will still be a massive fan. I would be really annoyed at Axl, as he originally said back in Feb it would definitely be out this year, and has still been saying it will be. I'm trying to think of a viable excuse he could use if it doesn't

Some of you guys have got to stop trying to think of excuses for Axl. He's long run out of excuses by this point, if he doesn't deliver, it'll be nobody's fault but his own.

Yeah, I agree with you. I meant that it is totally his fault if it doesn't come out, and I was just thinking of what bullshit excuse he would come up with when it doesn't.

Fantomas - Well what can I say. I'm not a big fan of the old football, but I would have rather seen Ipswich lose

Edited by Thunderstruck

i say if he doesnt have it out by the end of the year geffen is gonna make him fork over what hes got already and release that

I hope they do! Some people seem to be under the impression that "Axl doesn't owe anyone shit". WRONG! He owes Universal either A) A new album or B ) 13 million bucks (that's just an estimate based on what we've read over the years).

Then there's the whole moral obligation argument. IMO, Axl has put himself in a position by going on record, not once, but ATLEAST 3 times saying that cd will be out this year. He now kinda has an obligation to fulfill to all the Guns N Roses fans, get the cd out as promised. It's a pretty simple concept: Don't make promises unless you're 100% positive you can and intend to make good on them. Anyone who can't see that, well let's just say i'm glad i'm not friends with ya ;) !

Edited by tat2d1

anyone who's so uptight about this album being released this year needs to relax, there's far more important stuff going on in the world than whether or not gnr release an album.

What a stupid comment.

No shit there are more impostant things. But not in the context of this site there isn't. What should we be talkign about at a GNR board, the war in Iraq??

40 days until Peal Jam becomes my favorite band, unless.........at the very minimum we have a single and a FIRM release date for CD, not some vague "spring", "winter", "soon", "this year", or any other BS. I'm talking Chinese Democracy will be out on XXX XX, XXXX. I can't take the disrespect, the lying, the cancelling concerts, going on at absurd hours, and all the other BS that being a GNR fan seems to require. Sure, I'll like them. I'll buy CD. But when someone asks me my favorite band, I will no longer say Guns N' Roses.

P.S. This was deleted at HTGTH :anger:

at the very minimum we have a single and a FIRM release date for CD, not some vague "spring", "winter", "soon", "this year", or any other BS. I'm talking Chinese Democracy will be out on XXX XX, XXXX. I can't take the disrespect, the lying, the cancelling concerts, going on at absurd hours, and all the other BS that being a GNR fan seems to require. Sure, I'll like them. I'll buy CD. But when someone asks me my favorite band, I will no longer say Guns N' Roses.

stfu, they will be your favorite band music wise if they are now, go cry. I don't think their anybody's favorite band personality wise.

at the very minimum we have a single and a FIRM release date for CD, not some vague "spring", "winter", "soon", "this year", or any other BS. I'm talking Chinese Democracy will be out on XXX XX, XXXX. I can't take the disrespect, the lying, the cancelling concerts, going on at absurd hours, and all the other BS that being a GNR fan seems to require. Sure, I'll like them. I'll buy CD. But when someone asks me my favorite band, I will no longer say Guns N' Roses.

I always tell people they are my favorite band for three reasons:

-They are my favorite band rock1

I can stay up as late as I want. :drevil:

-Axl has never personally disrespected me, I dont know what he did to you, Maybe he said "Your Momma" or something like that??? :unsure:

GnR will always be my favourite band.

Nothing can tarnish what Izz, Axl, Slash, Duff and Adler created together. Though Axl seems intent on trying.

I agree with that. THAT Guns N' Roses was my favorite band. But the current lying dictatorship is not my favorite band.

I'm afraid I agree with those statements.

I love and support the new version- but original Guns will always be my favorite band.

Sorry, ive had enough. I quit carring a year and a half ago, then one day my brother said he saw Axl at the Korn party. Ive been patiently wating for another 9 months and im sick. I want nothing but the best for all the loyal fans and GNR. I will definantly buy, download and support the hell out of CD when it comes out but I cant spend time waiting on Axls next word (ill die too young if I do). Anyway, thanks for all the updates and info, ill check in every now and then but im too tierd to care anymore.

Sorry, ive had enough. I quit carring a year and a half ago, then one day my brother said he saw Axl at the Korn party. Ive been patiently wating for another 9 months and im sick. I want nothing but the best for all the loyal fans and GNR. I will definantly buy, download and support the hell out of CD when it comes out but I cant spend time waiting on Axls next word (ill die too young if I do). Anyway, thanks for all the updates and info, ill check in every now and then but im too tierd to care anymore.

What does an album being released and your life expectancy have to do with each other. In my circle of friends you are what is known as a "drama queen."