Something's Wrong

milkboy

Tension is high on this board...the highest I've ever seen it. There seems to be 2 sides: those who are unwavering in their defense of Axl and those who are losing their patience and beginning to vent. I tend to lean towards the latter, but also realize that at the end of the day, there's nothing any of us can do to get what we want. We are powerless.

The one thing I think many are failing to recoginze though is that there is a problem behind the scenes right now. If you can't see that, then you just don't want to, because the signs are everywhere.

I am convinced that a kick-off strategy was planned for late October and something happened around this time that has totally disrupted everything. It is my guess that it was Axl returning to the studio that has disrupted things, which ultimately caused the first 2 shows of the tour to get bumped. Since late October, GNR has reverted back to its old, secretive self. Something's wrong.

The Harley Ad thing should be a clear enough sign. Harley was moving forward with a plan. GNR pulled the plug. Then Harley releases another press release saying Better would be released exclusively in early November. It's Nov 21 and nothing's happened. Something's wrong.

The official website was launched with such fanfare - live footage was offered. Promises were made for constant news updates. Promises were made for live footage of the Miami show. Promises were made for free membership to a fan club. None of this has happened. Something's wrong.

GNR continues to mull its way through this tour that can't seem to end quickly enough. They play three to four new songs every night and Axl never mentions the album. Ever. Something's wrong.

I am amazed that the tour is still going. And while this topic will probably be labeled Axl Bashing by many of you, I do think it is to his credit that he has kept his word and continued touring. Something is keeping his album from being released. Whether its his own fault, or the mean nasty label's fault, this is the type of setback that may have sent Axl into hiding a few years ago, but now he is at least keeping the tour alive. That's one good sign.

The album is not coming out any time soon though. I really think they are going to complete the tour and then go back into the studio. Who knows how long it will take after that?

Edited by milkboy

Very good post. I agree with everything you said and have thoiught of that myself. Ron mentioned something about the label not letting it out to a fan at the Ottawa show.

the only thing that I disagree with is the very last paragraph. I think they willbe pressured into just getting the fucking thing out to the fans sometime early in 2007

A8R

I really think they are going to complete the tour and then go back into the studio.

oh fawk...let's not even go there

:laugh:

I'm not trying to disspirit people by saying "back to the studio" but really looking at it - if the album was done I think we'd have heard about it. If the label had it, someone in this savvy underground would have heard about it. It would have leaked.

yeah good post but they can't go back to the studio on this one unless it's recording new stuff.

if they haven't 13 (ish) songs sorted by now then we may all lay down and die!

then again bumblefoot only joined the band days before the first new york gigs so last minute action isn't new.

but since then Axl has promised the album several times so it must be done.

well said. the only other "something is wrong" that I'd pile on with is that they supposedly had a marketing agreement with Major League Baseball... which, to me, implied a marketing blitz to coincide with the playoffs or the World Series. and we saw nothing. Something is wrong.

and now that the band is touring, its not like they have a lot of time to go fix anything in the studio. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't see anything until some months after the current leg of the tour is done.

if the album was done I think we'd have heard about it.

Sebastian Bach said Axl played the finished album at a party and he said it was amazing.

Of course that was the weekend of the KROQ Inland Invasion in September. We learrned later that the reason the first two shows in late October were bumped was because Axl was back in the studio.

Sebastian Bach said Axl played the finished album at a party and he said it was amazing.

This leads into my theory of what the actual delay is caused by. I think the album that Baz heard was with Buckethead, Brain, and some Josh on it. since we are three drummers past Josh now and a guitarist past Buckethead I think that Ron is to re-record all of Buckets parts and Frank is re-doing some of Josh's and maybe some of brains parts.

A8R

Good post. I agree. I think they are going to lumber through the rest of the tour and then get back the fucking studio right away and nail down whatever it is he is doing and then we'll see it in the spring. And that right there is FUCKED. But who knows, maybe there will be another delay. It's just fucking insanity. I'd still like to kick his little pansy ass, the little bitch. If it doesn't come out in '06 I am not buying the fucking thing and will download it only. :fuckyou:

well the harley ad was delayed for some reason we still don't know why yet someones time frame was at least aliitle off somewhere iam not saying we won't see the album by the end of the year i still have hope but it seems thing didn't go quite according to plan there was some kind of problem big or small but i think to say everything went peachy is aliitle off

If Axl played this at a party, then why aren't other people that attended the party commenting on the record. Is Bach just so far up Axl's ass that he used this as an opportunity to score points with him or are the other people who heard the album not impressed enough to make a comment about it. In my opinion, Bach would have given a good review if Axl had of played him a Def Lepard album.

If Axl played this at a party, then why aren't other people that attended the party commenting on the record. Is Bach just so far up Axl's ass that he used this as an opportunity to score points with him or are the other people who heard the album not impressed enough to make a comment about it. In my opinion, Bach would have given a good review if Axl had of played him a Def Lepard album.

Do we even know who else attended the pary??? :unsure:

Excellent post. Something is definately wrong. I started to sense it when Merck had all talk of the Rolling Stone article silenced over at HTGTH.

I, for one, am sick of the constant empty promises this band makes. It really shows their character- or lack thereof.

Edited by tat2d1