Merck says we will hear.....

thomase

Do you know Axl's financial status? Why do you think he couldn't affort to pay those Warhole paintings during the year? Money doesn't last for ever, you know?

That's a very interesting point. Axl's financial status may be the key to understand a couple of things...

GNR's former manager, Alan Niven, said a couple of years ago that Axl's financial situation might be delicate... Niven knew what he was talking about as he had access to the GNR contracts. Axl has been living in grand style for many years, he also had to pay lawyers because of the multiple lawsuits, and several employees who have been around for years... That's expensive.

Money doesn't last forever... You hit the nail on the head imo.

Edited by pepsicoca

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know Axl's financial status? Why do you think he couldn't affort to pay those Warhole paintings during the year? Money doesn't last for ever, you know?

the royalties from AFD and the illusions probably keeps a fair bit in his bank

they've made a bomb touring this year. someone say 200k + per gig? thats a hell of a lot of lawyers paid for.

Someone said this, someone said that.......the same bullshit as always. Whenever you make such statements, mention a source please!!!!

People always complaining that we don´t get information, but appearently complain even more if the information not please you. Tell me why the hell Merck would tell us that the album won´t be out if that is the case, when people get more pissed of that then any information at all. If I was Merck I would shut up and don´t tell u a fucking thing.

You are wrong about this. People are pissed because of the lack of information. This isnt info, this is Merck being vague like usual, and telling us we will have some sort of info by the end of the year.

Here is the thing, Axl said on many of occasions that the album will be out this year. He used the word "absolutely", meaning its definitely coming out this year. Now even though he made this statement, I still understand that shit happens. Maybe something beyond his control is delaying the album, but we will not know this because they dont tell us SHIT. So it leaves us to speculate whats going on. People say Axl doesnt owe us anything, but I dont agree with that. Had he not made these statements about the album coming out this year, then I would say he doesnt owe us, but for him to say that to the fans, and then tour under the notion the album is coming out, I say he does owe us at least an explanation. You dont feed the fans all this info only to keep your mouth shut when it comes the time to deliever, thats shitting on the fans.

Look, I know some people would complain even with a statement, thats just how people are, cant be avoided. However, if Axl was to release a statement saying that he knows he said the album would be out this year, but due to (add reason here) CD will not be out until the beginning of next year. We apologise for the delay but I can assure you the album is still on its way and will only be delayed a short time, and will be well worth the wait. Thats all it would take and most people here would appreciate that wouldnt be pissed anymore. Its lack of communication that is really starting to turn people (including me) off of this band.

Whatever......I am pretty sure that we will get a poorly written press release that due to the enormous sucess of the Guns tour where they played for hundreds of thousands enthusiastic fans, they decided to add a couple of more dates in the midwest.

If CD is not out by dec. 19th we will have to wait for another year and as usual I am sure that we will get as usual no info, no explanation, no nothing from the gunners camp as far as this is concerned. They will just ignore the fact that they wanted to release an album this year.

Edited by God of Thunder

"Final touches are being put to the the album but GnR and Axl will have a big impact in 2007/2008/2009/3***"

The horse faced one is as reliable as the ginger hermit :rolleyes:

Loosing fans day by day.

Well done to Merck for telling Split we will here something at some time........... congratu-bastard-lations.

Im so sick of this shit.

GnR makes its fans feel like the just been for a shower in a prison...sore, violated and under appreciated :confused:

LMAO GOAB!!! :rofl-lol:

Seriously though, why was this thread started in the first place? It's such a vague statement, was it even worth discussing for 6 fucking pages? Really? Are we that desperate to find SOMETHING to bitch about?

KK x

People always complaining that we don´t get information, but appearently complain even more if the information not please you. Tell me why the hell Merck would tell us that the album won´t be out if that is the case, when people get more pissed of that then any information at all. If I was Merck I would shut up and don´t tell u a fucking thing.

You are wrong about this. People are pissed because of the lack of information. This isnt info, this is Merck being vague like usual, and telling us we will have some sort of info by the end of the year.

Here is the thing, Axl said on many of occasions that the album will be out this year. He used the word "absolutely", meaning its definitely coming out this year. Now even though he made this statement, I still understand that shit happens. Maybe something beyond his control is delaying the album, but we will not know this because they dont tell us SHIT. So it leaves us to speculate whats going on. People say Axl doesnt owe us anything, but I dont agree with that. Had he not made these statements about the album coming out this year, then I would say he doesnt owe us, but for him to say that to the fans, and then tour under the notion the album is coming out, I say he does owe us at least an explanation. You dont feed the fans all this info only to keep your mouth shut when it comes the time to deliever, thats shitting on the fans.

Look, I know some people would complain even with a statement, thats just how people are, cant be avoided. However, if Axl was to release a statement saying that he knows he said the album would be out this year, but due to (add reason here) CD will not be out until the beginning of next year. We apologise for the delay but I can assure you the album is still on its way and will only be delayed a short time, and will be well worth the wait. Thats all it would take and most people here would appreciate that wouldnt be pissed anymore. Its lack of communication that is really starting to turn people (including me) off of this band.

Haven´t u heard comments like "lets see what cind of excuse they have" or "Lets see who they would blame" "It´s never Axls fault" etc...etc. THESE posts are more common then "just give us some information and we will be pleased".

So even if they told us the truth, and the truth was that it was beyond their power to get it released this year, people would highlight it as an lame excuse. What I´m trying to say is that IF the case is that they won´t be able to put out the album caused of circumstances beyond their power, they will get appearently get MORE shit then they deserve. And for me, it´s pretty obvious that that´s the case.

People here choose to not beleve in the obvouis because they are pissed that it tooked "13" years to get the album out. Like hawks they flying around here and wait AND create an oppurtunity to twist Axls and Mercks necks, no matter what. THAT is obvious. And if the album wont be out this year, GnR camp is in a dead end.

The main problem is that people here have turned themselves to martyres and claim that they have waited three times longer or more on this album then they actually have. I started to excpect that actually an album would come out around ´01 but not anytime soon because Axl said so, and I think most of us did.

This will be the first delay I´ve experinced, and we all know it´s close now even if it will be one of the first weeks in 2007. We will get information by the end of the year(soon) wheter it´s good or bad, I´ll take it as it is.

Edited by shootingstar

it has to be tricky for a manager to talk about something that does not exist, i mean if you think about it, the guy is a simple manager, not a priest a lawyer or george bush. :xmassrudolph:

i think he is doing a superb job, after all, there are a shitload of people that still beleive axl is going to put out a record with the songs floating around the net when artist dont make real money from records but they do make it from touring.

Axl will keep touring until shows are not profitable, then he will fire the band and will have an excuse to come back in another pre chinese democracy release tour 10 years from now. Then he will do the same all over again.

Chinese democracy record is as the title says: something that does not exist, and wont exist ever.

the news this manager talks about its probably "the record will be out sometime next spring/summer (wich is 6 months) in the meantime we are going to collect more money, this time from south america"

People here choose to not beleve in the obvouis because they are pissed that it tooked "13" years to get the album out. Like hawks they flying around here and wait AND create an oppurtunity to twist Axls and Mercks necks, no matter what. THAT is obvious.

Yes, and you know why?

He shouldn't claim it's going to be released if hasn't even asked the label!

Why is it so obvious for you that the label didn´t made it clear at first? Please share us the information u seems to have.

I know I also speculate, but I live under the princip "unguilty ´til the opposite has been proven". Then you don´t punish anybody or something that doesn´t deserve to be punished.

Now it´s more like this forum is a jury from the 15th century and judge the accused under the princip "Guilty until the opposite has been proven". And this jury accuse the charged only on pure outsorted speculations that makes this whole trial very subjective because of made up anger and frustration.

EDIT* Not the fact that the accused don´t even have committed the crime he are accused of yet. We don´t even know if he will. Take a step back and take some perspective of what u really are doing. Oh, and I didn´t waited 13 years for this album. I havn´t even start waiting. I´ll start when 2006 have passed, IF there isn´t ant statement before that time that will give me information.

Edited by shootingstar

Thank you for posting that, Thomase. (Obviously people are interested, I guess they're just trying to act 'cool' B) ).

Merck probably had everybody bugging him. "Tell us something, Merck, tell us anything you can!" So he does, and he gets trashed for it. The guy can't win.

I think MelodicRock is correct, I heard the same thing a couple of weeks ago, the sources are pretty good. The album won't be out until summer 2007. Thus I'm guessing the announcement will be just more touring, although it's possible they'll announce a release date for the summer, it's not likely.

There are a lot of things entering into what Merck is and can do, no one knows what kind of job he's doing without a deep inside look at his contracts and his dealings with Axl, Sanctuary and Interscope. Merck made himself a lot of money last year, so we know he's good at that. :xmasssanta:

Things have not gone as planned with Sanctuary (although I do believe Axl will still leave before the end of the year), and just maybe Merck and Axl are finding they don't have the clout they thought they had at Interscope. Albums don't sell like they used to, and the current tour with its lack of press and sell-outs is screaming "nobody cares anymore!'" The greatest hits is the saving grace, it's probably keeping the label interested, but they're not going to try moving mountains to accomodate any Axl diva trips or hardball money negotiations. (That's just speculation, though).

Haven´t u heard comments like "lets see what cind of excuse they have" or "Lets see who they would blame" "It´s never Axls fault" etc...etc. THESE posts are more common then "just give us some information and we will be pleased".

So even if they told us the truth, and the truth was that it was beyond their power to get it released this year, people would highlight it as an lame excuse. What I´m trying to say is that IF the case is that they won´t be able to put out the album caused of circumstances beyond their power, they will get appearently get MORE shit then they deserve. And for me, it´s pretty obvious that that´s the case.

People here choose to not beleve in the obvouis because they are pissed that it tooked "13" years to get the album out. Like hawks they flying around here and wait AND create an oppurtunity to twist Axls and Mercks necks, no matter what. THAT is obvious. And if the album wont be out this year, GnR camp is in a dead end.

The main problem is that people here have turned themselves to martyres and claim that they have waited three times longer or more on this album then they actually have. I started to excpect that actually an album would come out around ´01 but not anytime soon because Axl said so, and I think most of us did.

This will be the first delay I´ve experinced, and we all know it´s close now even if it will be one of the first weeks in 2007. We will get information by the end of the year(soon) wheter it´s good or bad, I´ll take it as it is.

I think that you should get your head out of Axl's ass! I for one supported and defended Axl the whole year on this board actively, and in real life since the old days. As did most of us here on this board. TODAY is the first day of my life that I bash on Axl and Merck, because of that disrespectful answer Merck send about CD. In his reaction he acts like the release is no big deal, but guess what: TO A FAN IT IS!!!! Seeing Axl perform last summer was one of the greatest concerts I ever attended, correction...the greatest!!!! But when it comes to Chinese Democracy, there is only 1 correct answer possible now....and that is releasing it!!!!

If Merck really said what sp1@t is reporting, it's semi-official that there won't be an album this year. The only possibility for GN'R and management to smooth ruffled feathers would be to release a statement asap (in 2006) including a specific, set in stone release date for CD some months in 2007. But I don't see this coming, to be honest. :angry:

If Merck really said what sp1@t is reporting, it's semi-official that there won't be an album this year. The only possibility for GN'R and management to smooth ruffled feathers would be to release a statement asap (in 2006) including a specific, set in stone release date for CD some months in 2007. But I don't see this coming, to be honest. :angry:

lol, the only thing merck mentioned today about cd , was the canceling of yet another cd tour show.He even tossed in a few sympathy lines to get us to feel sorry for Axl

yep, this announcement sounds like it will be something along the lines of ...through circumstances out of axl and the bands control we have not been able to deliver on our promise and release the album this year. we wish to thank the fans for their support and hope to announce the release date early in 2007..... blah blah

hopefully it will not be the above.... fingers crossed!

Now theyre hinting at not giving us a release in 2006, just new tour dates.

I despair, I really do.

I have never heard so much rubbish ever. Its just an album, so get it out!! Its even been mixed!! What the hell is the problem???

Its a joke, and its getting frustrating.

I hope they realise that if they dont live up to their promise then thats it, the neutrals will laugh at Axl and not trust him to deliver.