Merck Says Brain Still In The Band

madison

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no base argument.

base argument - It is December 4th 2006. We have no news and no album. We have almost no promotion, and we get the most pointless press releases ever when the end goal is Chinese Democracy and the statements never give a clear answer or don't come true when speaking of the album.

And remind him it's Brian, not Bryan.

I believe that his first name is actually Bryan, often misspelled Brian because of the "Brain" alias. Check the wikipedia article, (yes I know wikipedia is unreliable but all of it can't be bullshit can it?)

Apparently, there is an error on the GNR myspace site that misled people to think Brain was no longer in GNR. Merck said there's no truth to the rumor that Brain has left the band.

"Not at all. That is an error that will be corrected immediately."

this is great news :D

Is it corrected yet? Or is it "I wouldn´t say soon is the word"-style :chef:

It´s funny he has time to comment on these things but not even mentioning if the album is delayed or not.....

Edited by Lukinx

Jesse Hughes from Eagles of Death Metal says "brain" is no longer in the band.

Where is your source for this?

I think it could be true, just that Brain is still bound by some contract which results in that he is still getting paid until the contract runs out and therefor he is "still in the band". As soon as that contract runs out he´s "outta here", as Axl would put it. I don´t trust a word that Merck says, that guy is the pure and simple definition of a hypocrite.

Wow, talk about odd.

I just do not understand this guy's public relations strategy. It's like compulsive deception - spreading misconstrued and minimal information in even unneccessary areas.

Again, I don't want to raise hell, but here's my perspective on this, take it as you will. From the select interviews I've read, Brain really doesn't like playing for GNR. He even hated recording for them - so much he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Sure, he's under GNR contract, but he's clearly opted out...kind of like Bonzi Wells and the Houston Rockets. Thus, he'll be required to keep his mouth shut (though he hasn't been the best at it) until his contract is up. Notice a trend how anything - ANYTHING - regarding hiccups in this band has nothing to do with the band, but medical or personal reasons...intestine virus, soar throat, etc. I feel strongly that the guy does not like playing with the band, did not like recording with them, and therefore can't be paid enough to spend time away from his newborn.

Why not just admit the guy's gone? Merck, do you seriously need Music PR 101? Stylistic differences is always a good one.

hahaha so thats what this mess is is it??? a band i thought bands released albums every few years and interacted with the fans hahahahaha, this aint a band, hey merck your are nothing but a little fucking wanker that eats axls shite start treating the fans with some respect and you might just might gain mine,

so what now this mess of a band has what like 6 drummers 5 keyboardists 6 guitarists oh fuck i lost count now either tell us what the shit is with this album or just get yourself to fuck you ignorant fucking scum.

We don't allow members to make personal attacks against band members, management or other forum members. Please respect this forum rule if you wish to continue posting here.

Well, I hope it applies to Kaneda too ;)

Glad the mistake is solved,but I never thought Brian was out of the band. He just wanted time to be with his wife and kid.

Edited by November_rain

"IMMEDIATELY"

Man, I wish I could live on GnR time.

HA! Is it still not up yet Patience?

I can't look at that site until it headlines either NEW videos or a release date - it seriously depresess me! :no:

No. Still not corrected.

- in truth, it makes no difference to me if its Frank or Brain...

Riiiiight. I mean who cares who the members are of your favorite band, as long as Axl is still there. :kiss::kiss: