The Story Behind Heaven's Door--Soundtrack Version

jaypayton

No, GNR recorded 'Heaven's Door' for the tom cruise movie days of thunder in 1990.........I have heard that it is a different version than the one that made the Illusion albums.....Just looking for clarification to make sure its two different versions or the same as the illusion albums

There are some extra verses and extra telephone babblings from Axl ("It wasn't their fault"...etc.). It was the first song Matt Sorum played drums on with the band - it was recorded in late 1990 while Steven was still in the band but he was on the verge of being fired and they were testing out new drummers.

It sounds very much the same as the UYI II version, I think. Some people try to claim it's different but if the extra "Axl talk" in the middle of the song wasn't there, I probably wouldn't notice any differences. Vocals and instruments are almost identical.

No, GNR recorded 'Heaven's Door' for the tom cruise movie days of thunder in 1990.........I have heard that it is a different version than the one that made the Illusion albums.....Just looking for clarification to make sure its two different versions or the same as the illusion albums

There's extra lines during the second verse. That's really the only difference. Maybe a few less backing vocals. Its nothing special if you never hear it.

There are some extra verses and extra telephone babblings from Axl ("It wasn't their fault"...etc.). It was the first song Matt Sorum played drums on with the band - it was recorded in late 1990 while Steven was still in the band but he was on the verge of being fired and they were testing out new drummers.

didnt know that. :unsure:

It sounds very much the same as the UYI II version, I think. Some people try to claim it's different but if the extra "Axl talk" in the middle of the song wasn't there, I probably wouldn't notice any differences. Vocals and instruments are almost identical.

Correct, it's also realesed before the final mixing was done so it's slightly different. Atleast that's what I've been told :tongue2: