Yet Another CD article

Nick85

Guns N' Roses fans losing "Patience"

By Jim Welte - MP3.com

December 13, 2006 at 08:30:00 AM |

As band cancels another concert and with no sign of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy, tensions rise.

"Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have--enjoy what you do have."

Axl Rose

That cryptic message, released by Gun N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal as part of a statement this week, has message boards on the band's various fan sites abuzz, as does today's announcement that GNR has canceled tonight's concert in Fresno, California.

Diehard GNR fans have been waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy, the much-hyped, long-delayed album that would be the band's first release of original material in 15 years and its first with frontman Axl Rose as the sole original member. At the MTV Video Music Awards in August, Rose promised that the album, which has reportedly cost $13 million to make, would be in stores this year.

But as the weeks have gone by since then, the band's label, Interscope Records, has stayed silent, and Rose has not mentioned the album publicly on the band's extensive US tour.

Thal's statement only seemed to add fuel to the fire.

"From what I've seen, if you give out info before it's 100 percent confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place," Thal said. "That's not a GNR thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else. If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone."

The cancellation of tonight's Fresno concert didn't help, with fans speculating about the reason since the band didn't give one in making the announcement. Many suggested that it was simply poor ticket sales that have cause the band to cancel certain shows in the hopes that fans would travel to nearby venues on alternate dates.

On MyGNR.com forums, a user named "GabrielChains" was fed up.

"They didn't even bother to make a bulls*** excuse this time?" he wrote. "They're just going with 'Eat s***, buy a ticket for a different show? I'm sorry, but they are a bunch of lying motherf******. This s**t isn't selling because of their lies about the album. I'm f***ing embarassed to be a Guns fan."

Another user by the name of "Towserhead" responded, "I think we're all embarrassed deep down. This guy is meant to be our hero but he treats us like utter sh**. In a way, I hope the tour ends now and he f***s off for good and never lies to us again."

As of now, the band's remaining 2006 concert dates remain intact, with a show in Oakland, California, set for Friday night. But unless Rose and company have a last-minute surprise in store for their fans, 2006 will pass without any sign of Chinese Democracy.

A message board poster by the name of "HisRoyalSweetness" had some advice for Rose.

"It's so funny ... Axl can't make it work without the old guys," he wrote. "He's had more than 10 years, 13 million bucks, and two tours ... still no album. It's just really obvious at this point ... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GNR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys--you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night ... Thankfully, Slash, Duff, and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them."

Source: http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/7624.html

Edited by jack99

So now they're quoting posters on the forums? :lol:

This article lost all of its credibility when it did that!

Yeah, how dare they quote fans. :rolleyes:

And I'm sure the only fans are on the internet :rolleyes: .

When you quote someone on the internet to use in an article it's pathetic.

Why not go interview someone in real life?

They could have just said there was mixed reactions on internet fan forums..

I know I didn't sign up here for my posts to be used in articles. Isn't there some sort of agreement they would have had to do to use that stuff?

Edited by kevin

So now they're quoting posters on the forums? :lol:

This article lost all of its credibility when it did that!

I have to agree.

It's one thing to mention one quote from a forum - it's another to use anonymous posters on a messageboard through the whole article.

Normally, a real journalist will contact the person, interview the person, and use the person's real name for an article - not just a screenname.

A message board poster by the name of "HisRoyalSweetness" had some advice for Rose.

"It's so funny ... Axl can't make it work without the old guys," he wrote. "He's had more than 10 years, 13 million bucks, and two tours ... still no album. It's just really obvious at this point ... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GNR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys--you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night ... Thankfully, Slash, Duff, and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them."

The sentence which says it all...

I thought the article was informative and well written. Especially the last paragraph.

What I hate with this is that U representing ME as an member of a fan forum. I think they generalized the fans a bit to much. They let your shit post represent the fans as a collective unit. Happy now? :anger:

I thought the article was informative and well written. Especially the last paragraph.

What I hate with this is that U representing ME as an member of a fan forum. I think they generalized the fans a bit to much. They let your shit post represent the fans as a collective unit. Happy now? :anger:

I couldn't agree more!!! Losers like HisRoyalSweetpie give REAL GNR fans a bad name!!! I never asked to be represented by this loser.

I couldn't agree more!!! Losers like HisRoyalSweetpie give REAL GNR fans a bad name!!! I never asked to be represented by this loser.

Neither did I, but he speaks to the truth to some extent.

You weren't represented by anyone.

And if GN'R communicated with its fans then shoddy journalists wouldn't be relying on anonymous forum members for their news updates. We wouldn't be in this situation at all.

But any paper that cites usernames from a forum without acquiring more information on the people being quoted isn't worth worrying about, anyway. This smells like a low-grade news source to me.