Why do people turn on the old members like Bucket and Brain?

someguyintheelevator

Allright you two, get a room!!

The whole thing is just dumb. So many people only base liking or not liking someone based on whether they are in the band. That's silly. I like a lot of Bucket's solo stuff, but I never would have listened to it had he not been in the band. I like Ron better in the band, but I don't like the solo album a buddy of mine burned for me. Their being in or out of the band doesn't change that.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Urlacher54, clearly we have different opinions...which isn't a bad thing. But we could probably go on like this untill the release of CD, being it March 6 2006 (in my opinion/hopes) or November 21st 2019 (in your opinion). So to save us some time for more important stuff, let's leave it at the 2 of us "seperating because of insuperable differences".

Thank you for calling me smart! ;)

Anybody that posts as well thought out as you did is smart whether I agree or disagree with what they say. Great conversation, I wish more people could talk like this instead of name calling.

[/quote

Well done men...a civil conversation. Differing viewpoints presented in a decent manner,it makes for a good read.

nice to see!

:)

Well this simple. Frank owns the shit out of brain. I saw them in May (Brain) and in November (Ferrer). The drumming was more exciting to me with Ferrer. I thought Frank played better too. Im a guitarist but I know when a drummer is good and Brain was boring to me, in Guns. Plus i dont like him because of his "only for the money" comments. Frank is just an awesome cat. Hes the drummer for Guns N' Roses.

Bullshit. Those "only in it for the money comments" were fucking jokes in the first place and it's been people like you that have completely blown them out of proportion ever since (even Fortus called bullshit on them!). On top of that, I've seen both drummers live and Frank is not better than Brain. Frank sounds closer to Sorum if anything. Also, listen to the slight changes he's made to the song "Chinese Democracy". They suck. If Brain isn't playing on at least half the album and is no longer going to be in the band anymore then I am going to be really fucking dissapointed.

Thats great that you're a guitar player and you "know when a drummer is good", but why don't you stick to comparing guitarists and let drummers compare the drummers.