VAN HALEN REUNITING!! With David Lee Roth

coolio GNR

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kX9qcggRo18&amp...ted&search=

They're letting him back in? Big mistake, IMO. Not just because of this video, but because I hate Dave in his latest incarnations. He's lost a lot of his talent. I hope he proves me wrong.

LOL! :rofl-lol:

My friend and I were singing this version a few weeks ago...it's just so freakin funny what he did to that song. :lol:

I think it's GREAT news if it really does work out and Dave and Eddie don't kill each other first.

It just gets to a point where it's too late and any such "reunion" seems like a pure nostalgia cash grab. And that definitely seems the case here.

Does anybody actually believe Dave and Eddie would want to share the same room for 5 minutes, let alone the stage.

Their time together as a legit band has passed. Plus with Wolfie on bass instead of MA it just seems like more of a farce...

in the youtbue video it looked like he was having fun. Isn't that the entire point of performing? I fail to see how he's a loser due to that.

agree with your point about having fun. i can't see the vid at my work, they block youtube. was it the bluegrass thing? if so, i love that stuff.

Edited by artfromtex

Van Halen (and most of rock bands) are only entertainers. And what's more entertaining ? Van Halen with Sammy or Van Halen with David ? It's obvious.

I dunno, I saw them in 04 and it was insanely entertaining how drunk Eddie was. That was a show on top of a show. If he plays like that again, I'm gonna give this tour a wide berth.

Brian Hiatt of RollingStone.com reports:

The reunion that VAN HALEN fans have been awaiting for twenty-two years began in December, when David Lee Roth walked into Eddie Van Halen's Hollywood home studio. There he rejoined the band for a rehearsal, singing fourteen VAN HALEN classics. "They totally got along on a personal level," a source close to the reunion says. "And it sounded great." At press time, Roth and the band were negotiating a deal for a major summer tour, which would be VAN HALEN's first Roth-fronted tour since 1984. Along with a possible POLICE reunion, it would likely be among the year's biggest box-office draws.

"Everything is up in the air," Eddie Van Halen tells Rolling Stone. "We don't want to say anything prematurely." He suggested that the band is waiting on Roth: "People know where we are and that we're making music. Whoever wants to come up can join us — they're welcome." But the famously contentious group may already be having communication problems. The source replies, "Dave is ready. He's been ready."

Meanwhile, VAN HALEN will be inducted on March 12th into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — and it could prove to be an awkward night. Both Roth and his successor, Sammy Hagar, will be inducted, as will founding bassist Michael Anthony, who was recently replaced by Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie's fifteen-year-old son. "It's a privilege and an honor," Eddie says. "And outside of that, we don't know what the hell is going on. . . . Hey, Sammy might not show up on time — because he can't drive fifty-five. Sorry, bad joke."

Read the entire article at RollingStone.com.

haha Dave is just a loser now..it's like putting Adler in GNR again

Steven ain't a loser. Even now he would sound better than Brain or Ferrer.

No, he wouldn't. A bloke who can't move half of his body does not, will not and cannot sound better than either of those two.

I saw him playing last year and he moved all his body not just half of it.

emphasis on this paragraph

"Everything is up in the air," Eddie Van Halen tells Rolling Stone. "We don't want to say anything prematurely." He suggested that the band is waiting on Roth: "People know where we are and that we're making music. Whoever wants to come up can join us — they're welcome." But the famously contentious group may already be having communication problems. The source replies, "Dave is ready. He's been ready."

Still nothing confirmed..

Actually, Zint, I foccus on this line:

Along with a possible POLICE reunion, it would likely be among the year's biggest box-office draws.

VH is well and good, and I will likely see them if possible, but FUCKING A! If the Police tour? I saw Sting about 2 years ago. His solo material straight up sucked, but even with his halfass backing band of session musicians, the Police stuff rocked the house. Getting those three together would be sheer perfection.

This has the potential to be great provided everyone is on top of their game. Obviously the Dave vs. Sammy debate could go on endlessly, but the big question to me is Micheal Anthony. The man was there through the band's entire career and now Eddie just dumps him for his son. I'm sure the kid can play-it's in the blood after all-but isn't this a bit of a slap in the face to Michael? I know he was never really a virtuoso or anything but he held the groove down while Eddie went nuts. That is no easy task. Bassists never get props.

Actually, Zint, I foccus on this line:
Along with a possible POLICE reunion, it would likely be among the year's biggest box-office draws.

VH is well and good, and I will likely see them if possible, but FUCKING A! If the Police tour? I saw Sting about 2 years ago. His solo material straight up sucked, but even with his halfass backing band of session musicians, the Police stuff rocked the house. Getting those three together would be sheer perfection.

Stings solo stuff makes me want to slit my wrists, jump off a bridge and down a bottle of pills all simultaneously to make sure the pain ends.

This has the potential to be great provided everyone is on top of their game. Obviously the Dave vs. Sammy debate could go on endlessl.

No comparison.

Dave was/is an extremely talented showman/ lead singer and entertainer with a great octave range.

Hagar is a marginally talented at best dirtbag poser.