VAN HALEN REUNITING!! With David Lee Roth

coolio GNR

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else getting the feeling Dave opened his mouth..again

and this has crashed and burned...again?

Yes, I don't know what else it could be. The Rolling Stone comes out this Friday, and the qoutes from Dave are positive(if you can get through all the metaphors). My guess is its over, no tour. The question is, what's gonna happen at the R/Roll Hall of fame next month? I could see Ed and Alex stay home, and Dave,Sammy and Mike show up. Gary Cherone has already congratulated the band and won't be there out of respect.

I'm gonna blame Ed and Al for this, they know Dave will never change, so why even think about doing a tour with him?

If its all over, then its a black mark for Van Halen. Ed and Al need to grow up.

But is was Eddie's girlfriend/now band publicist who fiirst announced the tour. So, don't see how Dave rocked the boat there.

As much as I always totally dug DLR and his fun prima donna attitude, I figured he was the one that probably caused the split. But after everything that's gone on through the years with the band, I think it's clearly Eddie that's the most difficult one to deal with.

You can't tell me Dave didn't want this tour to happen BAD. He woulda been back in his element as the center of attention, struttin' around like the old days, reliving his glory. Woulda been great!!

It's hard to think of either one as an innocent, but my money says it's Eddie that's the wrench...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I'm almost afraid to say it, but is it possible that Dave just can't pull off the frontman antics he used to be able to do? They would look silly with him just standing in front of a mike stand. Maybe they're taking some time for him to get into better shape. Or else it's just the same old shit. Who knows.

Saw this on Blabbermouth, thought it might interest a few people:

According to Eddie Trunk, He says from what he has heard from people close to the band some of the reasons why this "Reunion" fell apart is because after they rehearsed a few times David Lee Roth started pushing for Michael Anthony to be part of this tour for a few reasons (1) Mike sings alot of the background vocals and ALL of the high harmonies, Which Wolfgang can't do. (2) Roth thinks if they're going to do this reunion tour, they should do it right and have all four original members on tour. Not bill it as a reunion tour and only have 3/4 of the band performing. (3) The balance of power would be against him. It would be the Van Halens and Roth. At least, Having Mike would balance the power a little bit.

Monty

The most recent articles with quotes from unnamed sources almost all seem to pin the blame on Eddie and what an erratic mess he is:

"Conversations with the business team behind the tour paint a picture of a rock star who is somewhere between Axl Rose and Michael Jackson on the music-industry scale of eccentric recluses. The result is that the Van Halen venture imploded before takeoff":

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/custo...today-headlines

Would be cool if DLR were fighting to get MA back in, but in all the interviews he seems to know that's not a battle he's going to win and tows the party line with Eddie wanting to play with Wolfie while Eddie's "still on top of his game". Supposedly in their one rehearsal Eddie was pretty out of it and Wolfie was having to take him through his old guitar parts while listening on his iPod.

Damn, this tour seemed too good to be true... :confused:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

it would be great if it was dave, sammy, and gary (though i know he wont be there)

Imagine... three singers... just standing around...

Well that sucks, but it was kind of expected. At least they gave it a try I suppose...

Oh well, theres always hope for VH reuniting 2017!!!! Maybe we'll have CD by then too!

Just have the Diamond One, the Red Rocker, and Mikey show up with three acoustics and do a version of "Ice Cream Man" for the Hall of Fame. Show the VH brohers that the party will go on with or without them.

I guess they could do "Finish What Ya Started" as well, to appease Sammy. I suppose that could also be used as thumbing their collective nose at the VH brothers for never following through on their promises.

If Eddie had his shit together at all, the following 2 things would be happening:

--Original VH, including MA, reforming for worldwide tour

--Having the honor of his son(Wolfie) speaking and inducting him into the Hall of Fame this month

Instead, he(and we) got nothin' as of now. What a waste...

If Eddie had his shit together at all, the following 2 things would be happening:

--Having the honor of his son(Wolfie) speaking and inducting him into the Hall of Fame this month

I heard it was cancled because of lack of intrest in ticket sales.. in other words nobody gave a shit... i dunno..

I heard it was cancled because of lack of intrest in ticket sales.. in other words nobody gave a shit... i dunno..

No dates were announced, let alone on sale. Every show would sell out if they toured. That was BS.

No dates were announced, let alone on sale. Every show would sell out if they toured. That was BS.

AGREED! Can't sell tickets until they go on sale.