I'm going to see PEARL JAM!!!!!

Spoon87

Oh. my. god. I'm so fuckin excited!

I just ordered tickets for June 21st to see Pearl Jam live in concert!!

I'm going with 2 of my very best friends and it's going to be kick ass!

Each ticket is 60€s, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

June 21st is also the first day of summer vacations here in Germany!

Anyone here who has already been to a PJ concert and could tell me how a concert by 'em is?

Do they have standard-songs in their setlist?

Do they interact with the audience?

Just tell me everything!

Well, these are the tourdates so far, taken from www.tickets.de

Tourdaten für 2007

8. Juni Lissabon, Portugal Passeio Marítimo Algés

9. Juni Madrid, Spanien Festimad

12. Juni München Olympiahalle

13. Juni Katowice, Polen Chorzów, Stadion _l_ski

15. Juni Italien TBD

16. Juni Wien, Österreich Nova Rock Festival

18. Juni London, England Wembley Arena

21. Juni Düsseldorf LTU Arena

23. Juni Tuttlingen Southside Festival

24. Juni Scheeßel Hurricane Festival

26. Juni Kopenhagen, Dänemark Forum

28. Juni Nijmegen, Holland Goffertpark

29. Juni Werchter, Belgien Rock Werchter

Oh, and thanks to you both! :)

I saw them in 1998. I think it was the tour for "Yield". Great show. Eddie interacts with the crowd a little bit, but its mostly about the music. No pyro, which is fine but I always like a few explosions, JMO. In 98, Eddie wore a St. Louis Cardinal's baseball helmet because Mark McGuire was hitting a lot of home runs that year. The encore was "Why do I keep fucking up?" by Neil Young.

Have a good time Spoon, they are a great band.

I saw the guys back in May of last year, and it was one of the finest shows I've ever seen. They did a full hour n a half set complete with classics like Do The Evolution, Lukin, Why Go, Betterman (Eddie didn't even try to sing the first verse, just let the crowd sing - fuckin' goosebumps just thinking about it), Animal, Whipping, Evenflow, and Insignificance, as well as the best tunes from the new album: Severed Hand, Worldwide Suicide, Gone, etc. The 20 min. first encore started slow (Man of the Hour, Footsteps), but quickly jumped back to grunge rockers from Ten with Once and Alive. The second encore was about 40 minutes long (if not longer) and comprised of: Last Kiss, Last Exit, Glorified G, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Crown of Thorns, Keep On Rockin' In The Free World, and Yellow Ledbetter. It brought the f'ing house down.

Here's one of the shows highlights:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRS-L-AAqlY&amp...ted&search=

I remember reading that they played like 50 different songs on one of their last tours. Now thats really mixing it up each night. Gotta admire that.

Monty

They mix it all up. It's great. The only sure songs are Do The Evolution and Alive, and those aren't even set in stone. It's phenominal genuinely having no idea what song is next.

I saw them late last year and it was one of the greatest nights of my life. This is a band that knows how to treat their fans.... truly amazing concert. They put their shows up for download on their website afterwards, perfectly mixed - it's like a live album of the concert.

Anyone here who has already been to a PJ concert and could tell me how a concert by 'em is?

Do they have standard-songs in their setlist?

Do they interact with the audience?

Just tell me everything!

Standard songs? It depends... they mix it up a lot. You're guaranteed to get hits - but some nights they play a lot more of them than others. They chop and change the setlist constantly, so they never play the same show twice... as a result, the energy level on stage is amazing - they don't get bored with the shows they're playing.

Interaction with the audience is a highlight of the shows. Honestly, my only regret about the show was not going to see them the next night as well. Eddie is in fantastic shape and McCready doesn't miss a beat. The songs are often played reall differently to what they sound like on the album too... makes the live show worth shelling out for.

Anyway - 60 Euros is nothing for a concert of this standard. They're one of the best bands in the world today and their shows reflect that. You'll have a great time!

PS - They shat all over the Crue show I saw in the same venue.

i was going to see pj last year when they came to grand rapids michigan but thanks to some stupid motherfucking asshole i couldn't go. that asshole was my boss who never let me request a day off last year because i was sick with the flu for a week so he would not let me have any days off. cause i missed to many. it still pisses me off to this day. :anger:

u get to see one of the greatest live bands. trust u will have a hell of a good time.