Jim Morrison, 1971

Vincent Vega

A lot of people have said that by the time he reached Paris in early 1971, Jim Morrison was bloated and sickly looking, and this is evidence that he probably didnt die of natural causes, that his body was weak and ill. I've found a picture from that time in which Morrison looks neither ill nor bloated, but extremely depressed:

originalkuk2.jpg

Jim was facing jail time over the Florida concert where he allegedly showed his penis. He had a beer gut at the time when he went to France. Apparently, he wanted to get away from the controversy and try to cut down on his drinking, which was his main vice. I think he lost some weight and may have been on the road to recovery. Although I doubt he quit drinking altogether(he was only 27, who the hell wants to quit at that age?).

After that, who knows what happened. He had abused his body with drugs/alcohol for a few years, maybe it took its toll.

I cant find it right now, but somebody showed me the last known picture taken of him and he looked like total shit. He had his beard fully grown and he was pretty chubby, but you could definetly tell it was him.

Edited by sweetness

kinda off topic, but i would be REALLY interested to see where the music went. LA WOman was a great, bluesy album, a total departure from soft parade, its such a shame, i remember reading he was full of optimism at the response it got after lukewarm soft parade (which i thought was great). oh well...

When I was first getting into Rock music, I liked the Doors, but did'nt love em. As I get older and listen to their stuff - I can appreciate his music more and more.

Way ahead of it's time - Not necessarily the pop stuff like Hello I Love you and Love her madly, but his intense, poetic dark stuff was so different than what most were doing back then. The guy was very gifted.

I wonder how Jim is liking "The Other Side" , he was fully amazed of what it was like after , death , not in a religious sense , but more of a curiousity of a different conscienceness , I think it would have been cool to meet Jim , and have a conversation with him , I was only 5 when he died , maybe I can meet him on "The Other Side" in time.

"Time only means something , when it exsists"

But the real effect of the drugs & alcohol was on his voice. The drugs took such a toll on his vocals that it changed his sultry, crooner-esque voice from The Doors into an off-key, ragged, rapsy, bluesy vocal by the time LA Woman came out in 1971. It also made his voice much deeper and mature, however, you could hear the tremendous weight he had gained in his voice. Listen to LA Woman. That does not sound like the voice of a young 26 year old guy, it sounds like the voice of an aged, drunk 50 year old. I'm not saying it's bad, because his new bluesy voice fit their new direction, but it was not the slim Rock God voice that we all love.The producers of the album actually listened to the albums feeling that it would be Jim's last vocal album.

Jim lived the dream!!, but the dream killed him :(

So true. But, if he only quit drinking, he could still be alive today...

Didn't he overdose on heroin or something? I don;t think the drinking is that bad, it's the other chemicals he put in his body that does that to you.. he does look real depressed in that picture.. like he's contemplating why he's even there.. thats a bad place for somebody to be..

his drinking was really that bad. i've read so many books on the guy. he was mostly into hallucinogens, which don't take much of a toll on the body (at least compared to coke and heroin), but jim fucking draaaaank. i dunno about that supposed last picture, i didn't think he put on that much weight. wow this post is just full of italics.

edit: but the pic does look like him, i just dunno...

Edited by bass71player

he really wasnt fat....not at all, in any way shape or form. he just filled out, like a normal guy. if u look at early pics he was REALLY really skinny and lithe and from 67 to 71 he was livin the good life, eating and drinking etc. its like John Lennon referred to the time when help! came out as his "fat elvis" period, but he werent fuckin fat. and that "last picture" is fucking crap. no one knows what was in his body when he died, they stuck him in the ground before bill siddons (doors manager) could get there. only person attending was Pam Courson and the french post mortem dude, and pam died like a year later.

Edited by frankwhite

Oooooo but did he really die? *cue creepy music*

Jim was the coolest cat ever.

no he didnt, he's in Brisbane *eyes the monk* Jim?? is that you?? you gotta come outta hiding Jim please, come back to america, you wouldn't believe whats happening, they've got this thing, and its called american idol and oh fuck :lol: (lemme have my moments fun)

his drinking was really that bad. i've read so many books on the guy. he was mostly into hallucinogens, which don't take much of a toll on the body (at least compared to coke and heroin), but jim fucking draaaaank. i dunno about that supposed last picture, i didn't think he put on that much weight. wow this post is just full of italics.

It was published in one of the many books about Jim. Not sure what the title is, but I did see it in a local book store, so who knows. I think it's real.

It was published in one of the many books about Jim. Not sure what the title is, but I did see it in a local book store, so who knows. I think it's real.

no really, trust me on this...it aint. for a fact, it aint real.

According to "No one gets out of here alive" (or "Nobody" - I'm terrible sorry I read the danish translated version" - Pamela Courson speaks of Jim in his last days. She says he had shaved off his beard and lost some weight. He was looking better than he did in a long time.

Which would make me believe that the first pic is more likely to be his last than the "Last known picture of Jim Morrison". Personally I believe he died of a drug overdose. He liked cocaine - a drug which can easily look heroin. Pamela liked heroin. If you take as much heroin as you would of cocaine, you'd OD. I guess this is what happened. Though I still find it unlikely that a heavy-drug user like Morrison could make such a mistake. A theory is that Pamela told him it was cocaine. It's a well-known fact that Jim didn't like Pam using heroin and they often argued about it.

According to "No one gets out of here alive" (or "Nobody" - I'm terrible sorry I read the danish translated version" - Pamela Courson speaks of Jim in his last days. She says he had shaved off his beard and lost some weight. He was looking better than he did in a long time.

Which would make me believe that the first pic is more likely to be his last than the "Last known picture of Jim Morrison". Personally I believe he died of a drug overdose. He liked cocaine - a drug which can easily look heroin. Pamela liked heroin. If you take as much heroin as you would of cocaine, you'd OD. I guess this is what happened. Though I still find it unlikely that a heavy-drug user like Morrison could make such a mistake. A theory is that Pamela told him it was cocaine. It's a well-known fact that Jim didn't like Pam using heroin and they often argued about it.

heroin dont look like coke..