VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Thats how you tell a real gamer from a fake

Ok, and what exactly constitutes a "real gamer"?

1 who plays more then just halo or square enix games.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So there is real and fake gamers now.

I just thought it was about tast in games, like there is in movies. Do you really think your a "better" gamer then everyone ells jack? REALLY?

You see Jack, it's comments like that give rise to "unflattering perceptions".

I have actually played more than Halo and Square games. I'm not entirely convinced that many of the vast game buying public would even know who Square are or that they even pay attention to developers.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I just thought it was about tast in games, like there is in movies. Do you really think your a "better" gamer then everyone ells jack? REALLY?

I think I'm a more Knowledgeable gamer then most yes.

ADPT, you just proved my point.

Actually, I do pay attention to developers. I do take quite an interest in games, just never had the money to fund my interest as much I'd like.

The vast majority don't though, probably because they've more important things to worry about or have different interests they spend more time on. Does this mean your more knowledgeable? Yes. Does it make you somehow better than them? No.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Actually, I do pay attention to developers. I do take quite an interest in games, just never had the money to fund my interest as much I'd like.

The vast majority don't though, probably because they've more important things to worry about or have different interests they spend more time on. Does this mean your more knowledgeable? Yes. Does it make you somehow better than them? No.

I never said I was better, I said I was more knowledgeable, it would be extremely pretentious of me to say I was better then someone for such an asinine reason. However, great to hear about another brother in arms that pays attention to developers as well.

out of curiosity, what are your favorite developers?

I never said I was better, I said I was more knowledgeable, it would be extremely pretentious of me to say I was better then someone for such an asinine reason. However, great to hear about another brother in arms that pays attention to developers as well.

out of curiosity, what are your favorite developers?

I shouldn't be so hostile, so I apologise.

Few of my favourite developers. Crystal Dynamics, for Legacy of Kain, Insomniac have never made a game that was anything less than fun to play, the sadly defunct Ion Storm (though Deus Ex 3 is in the works), Capcom, Io Studios and, in my younger days when they still existed, Psygnosis. I'll have to throw Square in too, because without them I'd never have realised there was more to games than shooting stuff.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I loved capcom when they had Clover Studios going... now that they got rid of clover not such a big fan anymore.

So right now my favorite developers are:

Platinum games/ Seeds INC. (have so much hope for this company since its basically clover studios.)

Monolith soft

Grasshopper Manufacture (I want to get PS3 for the soul purpose of Kurayami.)

I used to love Ubisoft... they've really been disapointing me as of late.

Nintendo (obviously)

Konami (for a few certain titles that I absolutely love.)

Thats all that comes to mind while I'm here at work, I could give a more complete listing when I get at home.

EA games are the only company i hate, i wish they'd put a bit more effort into games, its like they only have finish them, they have games which could be brilliant but they don't bother to develop it and just sell it. and they hold a majority stake in Ubisoft which can't be good :(

EDIT: Gamespot are very biased towards the ps3, they just gave ratchet and clank a 7.5! funny seeing as all the other review were all between 9 and 10 (except 1 up which was 8.something ;) )

Edited by vicious

Portal is amazing. That's all I have to say about that. It only took me an hour and 20 minutes to complete, but fuck me was that a great hour and 20 minutes.

Episode 2 next. Although I doubt that will grip me as much as Portal did (albeit for a short time) so I'll be back to Phantom Hourglass/PGR4 before I complete that. Too many games out lately! I'm having to juggle.

Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect are all out the same time next month too... :( Mario obviously wins there since it's going to blatently be GOTY but I want to play the other too so badly (even though I think AC won't be all it's hyped up to be).

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

There seems to be alot love for Square Games here in this there, so I want to post what I think is the most underrated Square game of alltime...younger kids give this game a chance and it will rock your socks off.

Final Fantasy Tatics.

Guest banaszkiewicz

super smash bros brawl got delayed 2 months

o well...this game will be the chinese democracy of the videogame world

it looks amazing

and sonic is a confirmed character!

God I want Mass Effect so bad right now :rolleyes:

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

What's with all the Halo and FF love here? Halo always seemed like a generic FPS and FF... ugh.

halo is to console shooters what halflife was to pc shooters and goldeneye was to 3-D shooters...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

rather than the same boring locations and same corridors...

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

What's with all the Halo and FF love here? Halo always seemed like a generic FPS and FF... ugh.

halo is to console shooters what halflife was to pc shooters and goldeneye was to 3-D shooters...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

Not to mention greatest multiplayer in the history of videogames, imo of course.

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

Not to mention greatest multiplayer in the history of videogames, imo of course.

console videogames...

counterstrike is still the best or i believe so...

halo 3 multiplayer to me just doesnt seem as fun or innovative as halo 2 sadly...

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

console videogames...

halo 3 multiplayer to me just doesnt seem as fun or innovative as halo 2 sadly...

There's plenty of other FPSs I would take over Halo: AvP2, FEAR, Q2, D2 etc. It just didn't have much interest for me. As for multiplayer, you can't beat a 4 way Mario Kart 64 :P

Guest Jack_the_ripper

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

console videogames...

There's plenty of other FPSs I would take over Halo: AvP2, FEAR, Q2, D2 etc. It just didn't have much interest for me. As for multiplayer, you can't beat a 4 way Mario Kart 64 :P

I'd like to add XIII and timesplitters 2 (which is basically golden eye with better graphics, controls and music) to FPS games I'd take over Halo.

you and me both...

looks forking amazing...

insanely fun...

good story...

and variation...

console videogames...

I'd like to add XIII and timesplitters 2 (which is basically golden eye with better graphics, controls and music) to FPS games I'd take over Halo.

XIII was fantastic. Did a sequel ever turn up? Ending like it did you'd think there'd be one

"Mortal Combat for Sega Genesis is the best game ever."

-"I disagree, Mortal Combat is good, but I think Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever."

"Donkey Kong sucks."

-"Ha ha ha! You know something... YOU SUCK!!!!"

-Billy Madison

This expresses my video game sentiments.

Also, does anyone remember a little game called Super Mario RPG for SNES? Took me 2 years to beat that one.