VIDEOGAME Thread...

My uncle bought me Fallout 3 today. I just turned it on and am about to start a new game. Can't fucking wait. rock4

:rolleyes:

Thats awesome, Thats all I been playing the past month or so. Think i'm up to level 10 now. Are you gonna be good or evil?

That smiley didn't work out at all...

And I just turned it off for now. I made it out of the vault, went into Megaton and did a shitload, but I think I'm going to start over. I didn't start out with the skills I wanted to, didn't have enough money, and I got Simms killed. :lol:

Nothing big about starting over really. I had played it for three hours, but the majority of that was finding my damn way around Megaton and talking to people.

I'm not fully decided on if I want to be goof or evil yet. What are you?

Man, I'll probs pick up Fallout 3 at Xmas, it looks amaaaazing. I'd definitely be evil..But I dunno. The game makers say it pays-off to be somewhere in the middle. I'll just do whatever I feel at the time. Plus some of the evil characters look like dicks.

The game looks like it could kind of scare me at points. It's more the sheer feeling of being lost and just surviving. Awesome.

BTW thnx for the help ealier guys, bioshock RULES

My uncle bought me Fallout 3 today. I just turned it on and am about to start a new game. Can't fucking wait. rock4

Thats awesome, Thats all I been playing the past month or so. Think i'm up to level 10 now. Are you gonna be good or evil?

And I just turned it off for now. I made it out of the vault, went into Megaton and did a shitload, but I think I'm going to start over. I didn't start out with the skills I wanted to, didn't have enough money, and I got Simms killed. :lol:

Nothing big about starting over really. I had played it for three hours, but the majority of that was finding my damn way around Megaton and talking to people.

Sorry wrong smiley, I'm good but I do steal a few things which leads to bad karma but I get good karma back by donating caps to that guy next to the atom in megaton, I created another account to be evil but I havnt used that account for awhile, I had to start over after about 5 hours gameplay too, I was addicted to a few things had no caps and killed the doctor in megaton when he caught me stealing meds.

Or get a decent PC and just buy the games on it for cheaper.

Yeah I'm sure because the games on PC are like 30 bucks cheaper that will certainly offset that a good computer is about $1000 more expensive than the 360 :rolleyes:.

Xbox here is £150, a top of the range is more like £500-600 - if you know where to shop. One that'll last for years, have a far wider range of games and suit whatever you do otherwise. Half price each game soon adds up.

....I think your understanding of "top of the range" is distorted :lol:

Clearly not, when you can get a quadcore, four gig ram, and a very good graphics card included in that kiddo.

True but the quality of the build and the compnents used will be much worse...

My friend got a PC with similar basic specs to ones you listed maybe a bit less ram for £450 quid...

Three weeks later it was overheating, shutting down randomly and blue screening...

Obviously this wont happen to everyone but when you pay cheap for good stuff its usually not as reliable...

Yeah I'm sure because the games on PC are like 30 bucks cheaper that will certainly offset that a good computer is about $1000 more expensive than the 360 :rolleyes:.

Xbox here is £150, a top of the range is more like £500-600 - if you know where to shop. One that'll last for years, have a far wider range of games and suit whatever you do otherwise. Half price each game soon adds up.

Clearly not, when you can get a quadcore, four gig ram, and a very good graphics card included in that kiddo.

My friend got a PC with similar basic specs to ones you listed maybe a bit less ram for £450 quid...

Three weeks later it was overheating, shutting down randomly and blue screening...

Obviously this wont happen to everyone but when you pay cheap for good stuff its usually not as reliable...

He obviously doesn't know where to shop I'm afraid, or the items to purchase - or indeed, how to put it together properly.

And believe me, I've got some top quality ones for top dollar, if you know where to look, how to build it and how to maintain it :xmasssanta:

He obviously doesn't know where to shop I'm afraid, or the items to purchase - or indeed, how to put it together properly.

And believe me, I've got some top quality ones for top dollar, if you know where to look, how to build it and how to maintain it :xmasssanta:

I don't disagree with you atall...

It was put together when he got it so that wasnt his fault...

But I 100% agree that shopping around and building your own PC well will be much cheaper than buying one with the same specs...

And the comment on maintaining, I mean he doesnt manhandle it he takes good care its just not that well built!

Sorry wrong smiley, I'm good but I do steal a few things which leads to bad karma but I get good karma back by donating caps to that guy next to the atom in megaton, I created another account to be evil but I havnt used that account for awhile, I had to start over after about 5 hours gameplay too, I was addicted to a few things had no caps and killed the doctor in megaton when he caught me stealing meds.

Yeah, I got caught steeling in one of the shops in Megaton and everyone pulled guns and knives out on me! :lol:

Obviously I had to restart from before I came into the town, because each time it spawned me again, everyone was after me.

Yeah, I got caught steeling in one of the shops in Megaton and everyone pulled guns and knives out on me! :lol:

Obviously I had to restart from before I came into the town, because each time it spawned me again, everyone was after me.

I was experimenting and pickpocketted the sheriff of Megaton and put a grenade in his pocket..

He turned around and exploded and the whole town came at me...

Needless to say it wasnt my best moment and reloaded it!

I don't disagree with you atall...

It was put together when he got it so that wasnt his fault...

But I 100% agree that shopping around and building your own PC well will be much cheaper than buying one with the same specs...

And the comment on maintaining, I mean he doesnt manhandle it he takes good care its just not that well built!

Obviously an utter mong putting that stuff together, I hope he got his money back at the very least. I know people who paid triple what I paid for a far inferior speccage, with parts that have devalued faster!

And fair play, maintaining a system will keep it going for so much longer. That does mean rebuilding every so often though.

Why would you want quadcore for gaming :unsure: ?

A higher clocking Dual Core would be better.... And You find me an entire PC with Dual SLI (GTX7800 or better), 4gb of DDR3 RAM, a HD in RAID 0 and a x-fi extream audio card for £500-600 :lol: (you did say "top of the range" remember ;) )

Off you go :lol:

Edited by JDRM

A higher clocking Dual Core would be better.... And You find me an entire PC with Dual SLI (GTX7800 or better), 4gb of DDR3 RAM, a HD in RAID 0 and a x-fi extream audio card for £500-600 :lol: (you did say "top of the range" remember ;) )

Because Quadcore will soon be used (ideally...) with next gen gaming? Seems only logical with all the other stuff you run at the same time. Admittedly, most of the new dual cores will match it - but you pay at least that price.

I don't see the point in DDR3 when DDR2 is more than adequete?

No need for SLI, you get no noticable bonus most of the time.

Just costed it up being built at around £850 - so take off labour, that's about £750 - without cost cutting. Not bad ;]

Because Quadcore will soon be used (ideally...) with next gen gaming? Seems only logical with all the other stuff you run at the same time. Admittedly, most of the new dual cores will match it - but you pay at least that price.

Just costed it up being built at around £850 - so take off labour, that's about £750 - without cost cutting. Not bad ;]

Lower mid-range for £750 is hardly top-end for £450 though, is it?

Heck, my Laptop is as fast as what you specced up.

But almost all current Gen games only utilize 2 cores.. so quads are pretty unnecessary for a good couple of years

As for the need for DDR3 and crossfire/sli... We are talking "top of the range" .... :book:

just a quick random fact I was reading about Uncharted and something about Sir Francis Drake has something to do with the story. He is an ancestor of mine. I think my grandfathers Mothers maiden name was Drake and they did a family history search or something he is is one of my ancestors. Just thought i would share. I thought about getting uncharted it looks fun. What are some good splitscreen games?

I want Santa to bring me a ps3 with MGS4.

Then I will decide on which game to buy, most likely Motostorm 2... Is that any good?

No, it's not. Get either Warhawk, Valkyria Chronicles or Uncharted.

Pure is the number 1 offroad racing game atm, moterstorm 2 was a bit disapointing. Look at getting pure.

Call of Duty: World at War and Resistance 2 are good.

world at war is great. love killing nazis...and zombies.

The campaign mode for World at War is great, but the online is nothing fantastic. I haven't gotten to play the Zombie Mode yet though.

Call of Duty: World at War and Resistance 2 are good.

Already got COD for the 360, and I don't know about Resistance. Theres this game inFamous coming out that looks awesome. I also want Ratchet and Clank.

Yeah, inFamous does look really good. And about Resistance, but you're looking for a great online shooter, it isn't really the one. The single player is really good though.