VIDEOGAME Thread...

A game which came out the same year as Castle Wolfenstein and was one of the largest selling PC games of that year and was a game that advocated generally non-violent means of defeating enemies, compared to just blasting them away. It also promoted plot and dialogue over action.

It's a shame games are so violent today.

It's a shame games are so violent today.

Yeah, if you're a hooray for tolerance!.

Or if you just dislike the fact that games are generally mindless violent escapades.

I much prefer games like Myst and King's Quest, non-violent, plot focussed. Intelligent games.

I was just joking, I had King's Quest when I was little. I was never smart enough for it though I think, perhaps I'd enjoy it more now.

Well, you can get all 7 games in a new collection for $17.99 or so at Amazon.com. Definately try them, they're classics. You also might like the Space Quest games in the Space Quest Collection, they have an acerbic, acidy wit. Leisure Suit Larry is of course the original 40 year old virgin storyline.

Here's some of the funny scenes from Space Quest 4. But you might spoil it for yourself:

"Smell Air"

Narrator: ''The air smells damp and oppressive, like a wet nun"

"You lick a thick smear of filth off the street. Finding the taste unpleasant, you quickly swallow it. What a smart person you are!"

Edited by Vincent Vega

I bought both littlebigplanet and fallout 3 yesterday, never actually bought 2 games before but I couldnt decide what to get and I had money so yeh. They are both awesome, played a bit of fallout 3 last night and was trying to escape from vault 101 but got stuck and I was tired. Is it best to have 2 accounts for this game so you can play both good guy and bad guy?

Anyone playing fallout 3? I'm gonna choose to be evil and nuke that little town megatron or something.

I recently bought Fallout 3. It stood between that and mirros edge. I really want Mirrors Edge, but I think Fallout har alot more value to it.

I'm temped to play evil and nuke the town. Actually I will do it, I just have to save first, so when I do, I don't screw up my god guy save.

Game is fantastic. The gorefest is awsome, blood and limbs flying everywhere. REALLY FUN! :D

So I played the new Call of Duty last night online. It isn't bad. Basically just Call of Duty 4 with a WWII face on it. The attack dogs are cool. There is just something gay about it though.

As I already knew it would be though, it's to fucking easy. A lot of people fail to see that though.

Knifing is still queer as well. And the air strikes are fucking annoying no matter who's side you're on.

I don't know if I'll be buying it. If I don't, then there is still at least one copy in the house if I want to run around and get the easiest kills on an online game I ever have.

So I played the new Call of Duty last night online. It isn't bad. Basically just Call of Duty 4 with a WWII face on it. The attack dogs are cool. There is just something gay about it though.

As I already knew it would be though, it's to fucking easy. A lot of people fail to see that though.

Knifing is still queer as well. And the air strikes are fucking annoying no matter who's side you're on.

I don't know if I'll be buying it. If I don't, then there is still at least one copy in the house if I want to run around and get the easiest kills on an online game I ever have.

i assume you only play team death match? Search and Destroy demands tactics because there's no respawns and people aren't magically appearing in front or behind you in the chaos that is team deathmatch.

i got the game today (gladly traded in gta4 and far cry 2) but haven't played yet. i assume there's no scopes on weapons :(

i assume you only play team death match? Search and Destroy demands tactics because there's no respawns and people aren't magically appearing in front or behind you in the chaos that is team deathmatch.

i got the game today (gladly traded in gta4 and far cry 2) but haven't played yet. i assume there's no scopes on weapons :(

You assumed wrong my friend. Search and Destroy is my favorite thing to play, but that doesn't even make up for how easy the game is.

And yes, there are scopes on the guns, but you have to unlock them after a bit.

Any gametype on Call of Duty games are easy, you just have to get used to them

Any gametype on Call of Duty games are easy, you just have to get used to them

Finally, someone else that understands!

It's a great game, but it is just too damn easy!