VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Jack, what happened to you hating Brawl and selling it?

You seem to be playing your mates copy a helluva lot considering you thought it was so bad.

I started playing subspace, entirely redeemed the game. Still would of been better at melee's pace though.

Also, is it just me, or is the "classic collection" section of the game bullshit "play 40 seconds of f-zero" THATS NOT EVEN 1 LAP!

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Does any know if the ds lite can be hooked up to tv like the psp?

as far as I know, No. More so, how would you play it? you can't touch the touch screen.

anyone think GTA IV is already out there since the pictures and intro today?

The game hasn't been finished (gone gold) So I would highly doubt that. Probably just something from a beta version of the game.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Does any know if the ds lite can be hooked up to tv like the psp?

as far as I know, No. More so, how would you play it? you can't touch the touch screen.

Good question?

I guess you'd use the game's touch pad, right? And there would be a split tv screen, right?

well how would you know what your touching on the touch screen? it would be extremely imprecise, and overall tedious.

The game hasn't been finished (gone gold) So I would highly doubt that. Probably just something from a beta version of the game.

the intro video leaked out, i didn't watch it because i didn't want to spoil the game. rumour has it Rockstar leaked it to create hype. COD4 patch is out for the Ps3 users of america, once again us europeans have to wait

the intro video leaked out, i didn't watch it because i didn't want to spoil the game. rumour has it Rockstar leaked it to create hype. COD4 patch is out for the Ps3 users of america, once again us europeans have to wait

If that is the reason you don't like your PS3, becouse EU gets it later, that is rediculous. Becouse it takes alot of money and effort to get something out in europe compared to US. There you have one country with it's set of rules to pass, in europe you have 40+, takes a bit time to localize the products.

But sony is working on that. Getting more resources doing just that. But in the meantime, Microsoft with their ever so deep pocket can do just that.

Anyways, it's nothing you can't get around, since you can just make a US account.

I downloaded it, but do you know what it was for?

stops glitches, improved kill cames, improves the lag with snipers and ACOG scopes and a much needed mute function.

Bromle i have many problems with the ps3 right now, the games are poor compared to the xbox versions, the exclusives are usually disapointments, its taking them far to long to do anything such as release home, the new and improved store and in game XMB . i wouldn't mind as much but they don't tell us anything about them, except when they're further delayed. the stores do suck, they do deserve some leaneancy with the EU, they got the first COD4 patch the same day as the US but released it almost 2 months later.

one day recently i thought, why bother sufferering all this when i could just get a great service with my xbox? when the ps3 does eventually take off i'll just use that

stops glitches, improved kill cames, improves the lag with snipers and ACOG scopes and a much needed mute function.

Bromle i have many problems with the ps3 right now, the games are poor compared to the xbox versions, the exclusives are usually disapointments, its taking them far to long to do anything such as release home, the new and improved store and in game XMB . i wouldn't mind as much but they don't tell us anything about them, except when they're further delayed. the stores do suck, they do deserve some leaneancy with the EU, they got the first COD4 patch the same day as the US but released it almost 2 months later.

one day recently i thought, why bother sufferering all this when i could just get a great service with my xbox? when the ps3 does eventually take off i'll just use that

I knew it fixed that! I'm glad too. I'm sick of people telling me, "Dude, there is this new glitch I just found out! You get behind the map and then you can shoot people!". Fuck do I hate that.

the new kill cams are deadly.

if someone kills you with a grenade, it follows the grenade form their hand to the point where it kills you. :lol:

Must be a fake! Why would someone post a video of such dark poor quality, if it was the real deal? And the cover looks very amature-printed. If you know what i mean...

The vids have been deleted from the GTA-forums, and regarded as fake. It's not the first time these things pop up.... :sleeper:

Refurbished means that it's a broken one that has been fixed. I wouldn't suggest going that route..

Not pointless without a HDTV since I didn't have one for the first year of having my 360. It looks better but not so much that I'd suggest getting a HDTV just for the 360.

My personal favs are, in no particular order, Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 3/4, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 2/3. Not all of those exclusives, of course.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Sony are quickly becoming the New GN'R of the games comunity, it's taking them ages to do simple shit that should take a matter of weeks at the most. They better not fuck around with MGS4...

you are over reacting, like bromle said, there are ways around it. Get a U.S. account for 1 thing, then you can download all patches at the same rate as the U.S.

Are they not worth getting without a HDTV?

What games should I get?

Cheers guys.

Nah, I don't have an HDTV and I'm more than happy with the 360.

For games, I'd say Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Orange Box. And if you've got a lot of friends that don't mind looking like idiots, get Rock Band too.

Many people will suggest getting Gears of War, but I'd only suggest renting it. The single-player doesn't take long to finish and it gets boring quite fast.

Sony are quickly becoming the New GN'R of the games comunity, it's taking them ages to do simple shit that should take a matter of weeks at the most. They better not fuck around with MGS4...

you are over reacting, like bromle said, there are ways around it. Get a U.S. account for 1 thing, then you can download all patches at the same rate as the U.S.

no you can't, some people in europe could download the patch but only because they had imported games. rumour has it that the only reason they got rumble(not in the EU yet :rolleyes: ) is because the MGS makers pushed for it.

the ps3 is the better console by far, but Sony are to ignorant to help it use its full potential. its obvious that most companies are having difficulties programing for it, but Sony won't give any support! the first party companies are having a hard enough time for god sake! with the countless delays of all their games. but the big cheeses only want to pput their resources into price cuts

Refurbished means that it's a broken one that has been fixed. I wouldn't suggest going that route..

My personal favs are, in no particular order, Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 3/4, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 2/3. Not all of those exclusives, of course.

Thanks mate. It's a hard choice about the refurbished one though, because A) it's cheaper (cause I'm a tight-ass), and B ) it means it's an older model which is easily modded (*see A)*). If I can get a warrenty on a refurbished one I'll probably go that route.

For games, I'd say Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Orange Box. And if you've got a lot of friends that don't mind looking like idiots, get Rock Band too.

Many people will suggest getting Gears of War, but I'd only suggest renting it. The single-player doesn't take long to finish and it gets boring quite fast.

My friends are already idiots, so I've been planning to get Rock Band for a while (it's not out yet), and if I get a 360 that means I can play it online compared to crappy Wii online stuff.

And buying games isn't really an issue.

There's no way I can afford a HDTV at the moment anyway, but I'm not really getting a 360 for the graphics anyway.

Thanks a bunch fella's :kiss:.

Edited by FunkyMonk

no you can't, some people in europe could download the patch but only because they had imported games. rumour has it that the only reason they got rumble(not in the EU yet :rolleyes: ) is because the MGS makers pushed for it.

the ps3 is the better console by far, but Sony are to ignorant to help it use its full potential. its obvious that most companies are having difficulties programing for it, but Sony won't give any support! the first party companies are having a hard enough time for god sake! with the countless delays of all their games. but the big cheeses only want to pput their resources into price cuts

I used to respect you, but I guess this is just a little glitch. For you apparantly has little knowlage about how it works inside sony and what they are doing to help third party developers. They had huge gestuers towards 3rd party developers at this years GDC, telling them why they should program for the PS3 first. Becouse it is way much easier to port from PS3 to 360, and it's the re-programming that is hard for the PS3, the development isn't that impossible as some might has slipt to the media, while they still where an "unnamed source"

If you look at games like Devil May Cry and Burnout Paradise. They look equally good on both systems. And that is becouse they started at PS platform. Does this mean that the 360 is better since it's easier to port to? Well in one way you could look at it that way, becouse the way the memory is handled in the system makes it much easier to adapt the PS3 memory concept then the other way around. (microsoft=shared memory, sony=256mb for CPU (that is fast as hell! 3,2Ghz) 256mb for GPU) Both systems choice has its pro and cons.

So things are looking better, and PS3 allready got the best looking console game on the marked. (uncharted, drakes fortune) (I'm talking technical graphics, so if jack wanna bring up no more heros, he is free to do so)

Home is another ting. Why is it taking so long? They allready got that on E3 06. Well there is reasons for it to be taking so long, what we saw in 2006 was an early prototype. They still had to make most of it (fill the shell) Make it work, not just make it pritty. The reason they showed us the prototype as it was in that early stage, is becouse there was lots of complaints by users about how much better LIVE is, so they had to show that they had something that compared to, show them that plans where in motion. So the wait is just a result based on the demands of the users. If you really think about it.

ingame XMB should have been there from the start. And becouse it wasn't it's really hard to impement later on. So they will probably do it in the 2.5 update, that is probably gonna contain Home, so they can do that at the same time. Becouse I think much of the usage will be the same, and based on much of the same code. (just my 10 cents)

But hell, i do love my 360. I play on it all the time, but to discard the PS3 just becouse of those issues, I would not. It's still a good system, and I feel the games I know and love, works well on it. Even the exlusives are great fun. (Rachet and Clank and Uncharted) But then again, I'm not that much fan of a shooter, and if you are, 360 wins by far!

My friends are already idiots, so I've been planning to get Rock Band for a while (it's not out yet), and if I get a 360 that means I can play it online compared to crappy Wii online stuff.

And buying games isn't really an issue.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Wii online pisses me right off. XBL and PS3 are just so vastly superior that it must hit Nintendos ego daily. Don't forget to add me once you get XBL, FM. ;)