VIDEOGAME Thread...

I hate that they had to slow it down for players. If it's too fast for you, stay the fuck away. I would still destroy all of you though.

Piss off, Melee was shit. The original on 64 is great fun and I still play it to this day, Melee didn't live up to it's potential and it had none of the soul of the first game, and I think most of it had to do with how fast they made it. Hopefully they have actually made up for all that crap on this game; and the fact that they slowed it down maybe means they clued in to what made the 1st one so great.

If this game is too slow for you, stay the fuck away.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Actually, the first 1 was RIDICULOUSLY broken. The second 1 tried to fix those things that were broken, and did a pretty good job of it, with a few exceptions (such as wavedashing) This 1, so far, is perfect, it just lost the pace of melee.

Melee was a real hardcore game though, and anyone who hated it, is simply because they couldn't keep up.

Actually, the first 1 was RIDICULOUSLY broken. The second 1 tried to fix those things that were broken, and did a pretty good job of it, with a few exceptions (such as wavedashing) This 1, so far, is perfect, it just lost the pace of melee.

Melee was a real hardcore game though, and anyone who hated it, is simply because they couldn't keep up.

Yeah I know, the first one had some things wrong with it but it was still heaps of fun. I mean I freakin' grew up with that game and I still play it, which is a testament that they got something right. 

Melee was a step up as a technically better game, but it didn't have the soul of the first one if you get what I mean? 

The one player was so unneccesary in Melee with all the adventure modes and trop

heys and shit and it was just pointless, and all the extra characters sucked save

for a few. 

There was a lot of fat on Melee that the first didn't have.

I think that most people who hate(ed) Melee (like me) are the ones who loved the first one despite it's flaws.

Hopefully I'll have mine within the next few days...it might take a week though. The Wii should have some sort of microphones and shit because I hate people being fags online and me not being able to yell at them.

I especially like North American RPGs and I heard that was one. I'm just too feckin broke to afford it. Is it really that great? One thing wrong with most RPGs is that it gets sorta boring pretty quickly.

Lost Odyssey is a Japanese RPG. I love it, but I've always liked those games.

It's very traditional, very Final Fantasy-esque. So if you don't like FF, you should probably stay away.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Yeah I know, the first one had some things wrong with it but it was still heaps of fun. I mean I freakin' grew up with that game and I still play it, which is a testament that they got something right.

Melee was a step up as a technically better game, but it didn't have the soul of the first one if you get what I mean?

The one player was so unneccesary in Melee with all the adventure modes and trop

heys and shit and it was just pointless, and all the extra characters sucked save

for a few.

There was a lot of fat on Melee that the first didn't have.

I think that most people who hate(ed) Melee (like me) are the ones who loved the first one despite it's flaws.

I understand that, but I think its more childhood attachement to the first 1. I played many hours with the first 1, but nothing compared to what I spent on melee. My cousin who happens to live with me, still owns brawl, and I've been playing it on his wii, you eventually get used to the pacing, I would of still prefered it to have melee's pacing for it to be my perfect game. I'll eventually get done unlocking all the cds, and take on you fucks :P

Guest banaszkiewicz
Hopefully I'll have mine within the next few days...it might take a week though. The Wii should have some sort of microphones and shit because I hate people being fags online and me not being able to yell at them.

word

but thats one of the reason why nintendo doesnt want to add the microphone

they want people to have fun minus the threats/insults

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Brawl isn't exactly the type of game where you'd need a mic anyway. Now if a game like COD4 where you need lots of teamwork didn't have a mic, that'd be FUBAR.

Medal of honor heroes 2 could of so benefit from that... I mean, we can't even type proper messages to people on our friends list... only pre-defined messages by EA and they ask like "wanna play a game?" and you can answer yes or no... BUT THERES NO WAY TO TELL THEM WHAT ROOM! and on top of that, theres no Join Game button when you click on their name... how retarded is that?

Guest Jack_the_ripper
so itll be raw power vs moop vs banaszkiewicz vs funky monk

the ultimate showdown!

I just have to find a way to get the game before 6th of June :P

I heard it ain't coming out until the fall in europe... don't know if thats true, haven't been paying much attention.

the ultimate showdown!

I heard it ain't coming out until the fall in europe... don't know if thats true, haven't been paying much attention.

The release date is 06.06.2008.

I'm considering ordering Brawl from The US/Canada, but I'll need a freeloader, and I don't know if I can play with European people when it releases in June.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i'm so pissed off with Sony lately. i'm so very close to using my 360 again. they are the most ignorant company ever

What happened?

Yeah, what the hell?? :confused:

I'm even confused by that? are you bitching about release dates? if so, all of them are doing it... poor europe.

the ultimate showdown!

The release date is 06.06.2008.

I'm considering ordering Brawl from The US/Canada, but I'll need a freeloader, and I don't know if I can play with European people when it releases in June.

unless you show me differently, that release date is pure speculation, Nintendo has announce their Q1 and Q2 releases for europe, and brawl didn't show up on either of those lists (which june is included in Q2)

I don't know where you're getting this from.

Pit = cool hure B)

Ah, Pit, eh? He's not bad. I honestly tried to give him the best chance as possible, but I didn't like him much. Just too light. My main is Ganon. Guy's a fucking beast. The only down side is that he's slower now than he was in Melee.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I've surprisingly been kicking ass with lucario, yoshi, and Luigi (Luigi isn't that big of a surprise since he was my guy in Melee)

I'm not bad with pit, but I agree, he's somewhat weak... then again, luigi is pretty weak himself, so what am I complaining about.

I've surprisingly been kicking ass with lucario, yoshi, and Luigi (Luigi isn't that big of a surprise since he was my guy in Melee)

I'm not bad with pit, but I agree, he's somewhat weak... then again, luigi is pretty weak himself, so what am I complaining about.

Yeah, Lucario is my 2nd. He's no Mewtwo (who was my main on Melee) but he's better than nothing. I fucking love Luigi mostly because of his forward + B attack (dunno the proper name). I can't tell you the amount of times that has saved my ass.

I dunno if it's just me, or has Sheik been toned down in Brawl? I used to be unstoppable with Sheik in Melee, but in Brawl I've been getting my ass kicked non-stop on wi-fi. Such a disappointment. :(

Guest Jack_the_ripper

sheik was perhaps the most unbalanced character in melee, WAY too fast for her strength, they had to round her out, she's still fast, but weak as fuck.

i'm so pissed off with Sony lately. i'm so very close to using my 360 again. they are the most ignorant company ever

What happened?

Yeah, what the hell?? :confused:

i'm just sick of them. they have the best console but they are too ignortant to help it win the war. for example, 85% of developers are having major problems programing games for the ps3, properly, but sony don't offer any support. the exlusives we do get are either delayed until 2009 or they're not programed right. COD4 patch was released on xbox last week and we haven't even heard anything of ours. the network is shit! especially the PAL region, we're still waiting for games such as PAIN, and the updates lately are a joke at best. the first COD4 patch (which wasn't need on the 360 versions) was released in the PAL regions 3 months after the US region even though both departments received the patch on the same day. we're being neglected due to the development of HOME and in-game XMB which won't be out until summer at best and which has gone through so many delays

the worst thing is that they don't even explain anything properly to us. all they care about is price cuts and lately i've been thinking "what's the point?" if they're going to treat us like shit