VIDEOGAME Thread...

Okay, I just rented Warhawks for PS3 and apparently this is an "online game only"?

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or do I have to plug it up to the net to play this damn thing?

If so, That sucks!

hoosier

its just online. bad game to rent though, the learning curve on that game is big. but once you do get into it then its great. i got bored of it though, especially when they brought out one new map for 5 dollars? they give you 4 with the game

I've been playing Assassins Creed lately. It was pretty cool at first, but I'm more thatn half way through it at this point, and it hasn't offered anything new. It's just the same old thing over and over. It's like I'm running around in circles. Definately a cool game if your into just fighting and killing mad guards. I also just got Smackdown vs Raw 2008 which totally sucks ass. I played it once and hated it. What's with this 24/7 mode shit, bring back the old season mode. I just wanna be able to jump right into the game, not worry about what my wrestler does on his days off. They should've strictly left all that shit for the GM mode only and not the regular superstar season. I'm not into that whole RPG type gameplay. It just takes too much fuckin time. I just wanna get right into the game and play.

I've been playing Assassins Creed lately. It was pretty cool at first, but I'm more thatn half way through it at this point, and it hasn't offered anything new. It's just the same old thing over and over. It's like I'm running around in circles. Definately a cool game if your into just fighting and killing mad guards. I also just got Smackdown vs Raw 2008 which totally sucks ass. I played it once and hated it. What's with this 24/7 mode shit, bring back the old season mode. I just wanna be able to jump right into the game, not worry about what my wrestler does on his days off. They should've strictly left all that shit for the GM mode only and not the regular superstar season. I'm not into that whole RPG type gameplay. It just takes too much fuckin time. I just wanna get right into the game and play.

Aww I've got this game Assisins Creed and tried it out for a bit. What happens with this guy in the test centre at beginning. Tenchu Z was a good Ninja game as well. I played it to death. Very arcadey and fast, but with stealth with great kills. Online mode great, going in with a group of ninjas. I though Assasins Creed would be like this but with epic story line?

hought I shood put this in gamer thread as development of Rock Star game I have. Playing this type of game but with guitar hero shows and GTA style open world, drive around in sports cars etc.

Level 1

We find our hero, W. Axl Rose, having just come off the biggest tours in rock history; the situation is his band is in poor health and may OD at anytime. His supermodel girlfriend left him on tour because of his wild playboy antics. He plans his next move while downing prescription pills in his mansion in the malibu hills and calling the weather station to check on any electrical storms in the area.

What's your next move. Press

A - Do nothing but disconnect you're phone and take some sleeping pills - go to 1

B - Fax the band members a I Fuckin Quit message - go to 2.

C - Call the lead Guitarist and talk about his ideas for next move - go to 3

D - Call Keyboardist and talk about you're dreams of a new musical direction - go to 4

You wake up the next day about 7pm. Just in time to see the sun setting. Talk with your maid in the garden, she has nice cups (+10 style points). Gazing intensely as the sun goes down you head over to your personal spa for a deep oil massage. Feeling relaxed you swing in a hammock writing lyrics about

Press

A - Getting off tour and being bored without all the free coke and groupies - go to 5

B - You're ex who broke your heart - go to 6

C - Wild group sex in hotel swimming pools - got to 7

D - You're maids collection of Japanese ink drawings of Pokemon characters - go to 8

You Fuckin quit. +3 Attitude Points. The next day is all about you. You own MTV news but decline to comment from all newspapers, magazines, internet sites, celebrity stalkers. One reporter is torn up by you're german police dog as he scales your electric fence to get a snap shot. You bandage his hand but then drown him in your pool. The guitarist quits drugs long enough to call you and and agrees to at least try out you're ideas to your satisfaction as long as he sees some compromise. What direction do ya wanna try?

Press

A - Back down from your hard ass stance of only following your vision and agree to start a record which is basically a GNR record as we know it but want to have at least some of you're most precious ideas included + 12 Smart Points - go to 9

B - Say it's over. Just get over it. See you in court + 10 Attitude Points - go to 10

C - Avoid all calls from band. Order some escourts from Elite modeling agency, read The High Art of Mystic Kitsch by Hoff Vegenmeimer + 2 Rock Star Points - go to 11

D - Say only way you'll come back is: if band does you're vision and gets on fully with the overhual of band's sound and everyone buys a mp3 player. My way our the highway, Patrick Swayze style + 3 Rock Star Points - go to 12.

Call you're drug addled guitarist and offer to reconcile. Seeing as you made first move, your guitarist offers to do it your way for one record if he can do his thing on the next?

A - Agreed. Knowing that you will never do his project. + 4 Style Points, -3 Rock Star Points - go to 13

B - Agree but forget to tell him you already looking for new guitar player. He doesn't suit your style no more. + Rock Star points, - 7 Style Points. - go to 14.

C - Say to hell with that, you my bro, we'll do it your way from now on, offer to bond over heroin and Thai hookers over at his Tinsletown motel room. -5 Rock Star pts, + 7 Attitude pts. - go to 15

D - Hoax him into petty arguement over fucking his wife. Distract him with domestic issues until you are ready to make you decision. Watch Simpson's box set, fall asleep to WWF wrestling TNA Xplosion. +7 Rock Star pts, - 17 Style pts. - go to 16

4 You call up your piano virtuso and jaw about you're ambitions to take over the band and go on a wild journey of self discovery, satisfying you're every artistic whim, to produce the best record of all time, out selling Jacko and being more creative than Bowie and Stalin put together. He offers to recruit some techno producers, avant garde puppet guitarists and hunt down some new recording studios. It's your call.

A - Offer him new contract and expensives account to get on it. Maybe the band members won't even notice the change of direction - + 5 Smart pts + 6 Rock Star - go to 17.

B - Keep his offer in mind but don't confirm with him you're true motives, plans, vendettas. -5 Attitude +2 Rock Star - go to 18.

C - Sack his keyboard tinkling ass for being disloyal pussy. Call up guitarist and agree to work on new metal material next week. Go to the Whisky-a-go-go to get in a fight. + 10 Style Points + 12 Attitude Points +15 rock Star Points.

D - Hang up mid call. Check the weather station for electical storms. Move a bed into your beach hut and spend some persoanl time with your robot yoga instructor and ancient chinese harps. An instumental solo album is now you're priority. - + 6 Style - 10 Rock Star - 20 Attitude.

What did you score for?

Rock Star

Style

Attitude

Overall Chinese Democracy Score = Rock Star x Style - Attitude

Level 2

Coming Soon to laptop near you.

Has anyone heard of Guitar Rising? I was reading some magazine at my uni today (orientation in case you care ^_^ ) and it looks pretty cool. It's like Guitar Hero but for the computer and you use your real guitar.

Website (video demo).

I don't know if it will be helpful to playing guitar...but even if it's not it looks really cool. But I think it could help a bit.

I also emailed them to ask if there's a bass game-mode...but I doubt there will be <_< . Typical.

No interest in this? Would've thought someone would've thought this was cool...

Has anyone heard of Guitar Rising? I was reading some magazine at my uni today (orientation in case you care ^_^ ) and it looks pretty cool. It's like Guitar Hero but for the computer and you use your real guitar.

Website (video demo).

I don't know if it will be helpful to playing guitar...but even if it's not it looks really cool. But I think it could help a bit.

I also emailed them to ask if there's a bass game-mode...but I doubt there will be <_< . Typical.

No interest in this? Would've thought someone would've thought this was cool...

I just checked it out, this actually looks pretty cool since you're actually playing a real guitar unlike the guitar hero games. I would venture to say, I will probably get it when it comes out.

Jack i want you to hear me say this, Sony are shit. after months of getting below par updates from the SCEE they insult ever ps3 user today by updating the store with 2 trailers. 2 trailers? and they are worse at communicating with fans then Axl is! (yes they actually say "soon") i know in a years time when they get their crap together they will rule the world, but i'm bored of waiting. i'm even considering buying an xbox live account.

what pisses me off the most, is that i know Sony won't even tell us why we're being screwed over with content

Aww I've got this game Assisins Creed and tried it out for a bit. What happens with this guy in the test centre at beginning. Tenchu Z was a good Ninja game as well. I played it to death. Very arcadey and fast, but with stealth with great kills. Online mode great, going in with a group of ninjas. I though Assasins Creed would be like this but with epic story line?

Can't really explain it. Mainly because...you don't find out! Gotta wait for Assassin's Creed 2!

Guest banaszkiewicz

SPOILER FOR TWILIGHT PRINCESS!

----------------------------------------

so i just beat the game and i have a few questions

when i kill ganondorf at the end of the game, why does is zant there again, breaking his own neck?

first off, i thought i already killed zant :S

and why does zant breaking his own neck, ultimately kill ganondorf?

very complicated, yet amazing game!

-------------------------------------------

Twilight Princess Spoiler Complete!

So, there is a story. I thought maybe I just ran about hacking down soldiers.

Can't wait for Dead Island - Dead Rising 2.

It might be complete cash in but I don't care. Let's kill a whole island of zombies!

there is a very small story in this game, they build up the suspense for a great ending, but the ending is just a "to be continued" thing, they don't answer anything, which is a shame.

i got UT3 today, wow, this game is great fun, i can't wait to make some mods

when i kill ganondorf at the end of the game, why does is zant there again, breaking his own neck?

What you should ask, is why such a dark serious toned game like "Twilight Princess" has its tone wrecked by the big evil Zant jumping around like a Monkey during a boss fight.

...Seriously that took the game down 3 stars for me.

Zant stated that no matter how many times Link killed him, as long as Ganondorf suvived he would be resurrected. I guess this meant that his life force was in some way tied to Ganondorf's which is how Zant gained the power to launch the offensive he did. When Link impaled Ganondorf, that bond was severed... just like Zant's spinal chord.

Xbox live question.

When I sign in, it connects and I can go on Live and play.

BUT

The marketplace screen doesnt load up, it just shows the circle forever loading. Same with xboxlive screen and games screen.

Why?

Xbox live question.

BUT

The marketplace screen doesnt load up, it just shows the circle forever loading. Same with xboxlive screen and games screen.

Why?

They might be updating the marketplace with some new content which would cause some slow load times.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on Xbox Live tonight, so who knows.

Xbox live question.

BUT

Why?

They might be updating the marketplace with some new content which would cause some slow load times.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on Xbox Live tonight, so who knows.

I've had that problem before but just for an hour or so. This has been a coupla days now. I emailed support but they never seem to get back to me.

Didn't you want to do some co-op a while ago?

you Kane & Lynch?

So everyone has pre-ordered GTA 4 I would assume? it's gonna be the biggest game of 08. I think i'm going to enjoy the feature of going to bars and getting drunk. Also the new targeting system which kinda sucked in other gta games. It should be more like drakes fortune and gears of war.

I havent pre-ordered but I'm on board. I was just thinking the other day, I hope I can drink in this game. I was a bloated monster most of San Andreas. I couldn't lose the weight to get with that chick over in Las Venturas. I had to go to the gymn for like 8 days.