VIDEOGAME Thread...

Why? The main reason Rock Band is selling more than GH is all the other instruments you can play... so why wouldn't GH take that idea and earn back some of their fans?

Here's one article: http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/02/18/...ophone-support/

On one hand, it seems too quick for them to have added microphone and drum support. But on the other hand, it's hard to see this all-Aerosmith GH selling well right on the heels of GH3 without something special being added.

Anyone know if this will be a similar sized/similar priced game(as past GH's)...or will it be a much shorter, discounted game? Even for $40-$50, scrathcing my head trying to come up with how this will be a big seller and I'm a huge Aerosmith fan...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Why? The main reason Rock Band is selling more than GH is all the other instruments you can play... so why wouldn't GH take that idea and earn back some of their fans?

Here's one article: http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/02/18/...ophone-support/

On one hand, it seems too quick for them to have added microphone and drum support. But on the other hand, it's hard to see this all-Aerosmith GH selling well right on the heels of GH3 without something special being added.

Anyone know if this will be a similar sized/similar priced game(as past GH's)...or will it be a much shorter, discounted game? Even for $40-$50, scrathcing my head trying to come up with how this will be a big seller and I'm a huge Aerosmith fan...

i for one am a massive fan of the GH series.

and i will Certainly NOT be buying the aerosmith one.

what do GH fans do if they are not fans of AEROSMITH?

i find it stupid and unethical.

HELP:

I've recently completed Tomb Raider Anniversary but the time trials i'm having trouble with. i've got 100% artefacts and Relics. With the time trials, it says something like 5 mins for the first level. Is that to complete the entire level? or just get to a certain checkpoint?

I don't play the game, but it's most likely to complete the whole level. Unless, the levels are really long, then it's most likely just to a certain point.

well that sucks it took me 2H 30M to do the 1 level and you gotta do it in 20M :lol:

I did find a cool Tomb Raider series site if anyone is interested: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/

Edited by ssiscool

i for one am a massive fan of the GH series.

and i will Certainly NOT be buying the aerosmith one.

what do GH fans do if they are not fans of AEROSMITH?

i find it stupid and unethical.

It's a niche though, every die hard Aerosmith fan'll buy it, and some people'll buy it just for the challenge.

But the thing is, it's Guitar Hero, not GUITAR HERO! - - With Pizzazz.

If they want to play the other instruments, just buy Rock Band and hope they come out with some Aerosmith songs.

If this new Guitar Hero comes out with extra instruments, I most likely won't buy it. Unless the price is reasonable and the guitar stays like a Guitar Hero guitar, not that piece of shit like in the Rock Band pack.

anyone get their free guitar hero song? Dream on- Aerosmith

today was the last day

I downloaded and installed it but i'm not sure how i'm supposed to play it.. Should it just appear in the 'Downloaded Songs' playlist? Because it's not. :(

Try going to your download list and downloading it and installing it again.

anyone get their free guitar hero song? Dream on- Aerosmith

today was the last day

I downloaded and installed it but i'm not sure how i'm supposed to play it.. Should it just appear in the 'Downloaded Songs' playlist? Because it's not. :(

x2 <_<

Apparently, the teaser is old, but I don't give a shit, I didn't know about it until today.

I wish I had got to play 2, it's a damn shame it didn't get released until the N64 was basically dead.

Yeah, that was a main reason why I didn't play the second one as much. I was basically done with the N64 and moved on to PS2. On the other hand though, my buds and I spent days playing Banjo Tooie multiplayer. God, that shit was awesome. Sure, it was just a Goldeneye rip-off, but who cares.

You can always just download the ROM for Banjo Tooie if you want to give it a shot.

I think if you tied a Guitar Hero game to a GTA-style game someone would make big money.

Not neccasarily GNR.

But getting band together in an open world and then play shows like Guitar hero for money, bigger stadiums, some management elements.

Obvioulsy said this back in 2000 but hey whats a decade between foes.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I think if you tied a Guitar Hero game to a GTA-style game someone would make big money.

Not neccasarily GNR.

But getting band together in an open world and then play shows like Guitar hero for money, bigger stadiums, some management elements.

Obvioulsy said this back in 2000 but hey whats a decade between foes.

perhaps you should work for rockstar or activision (I think they do the guitarhero games? I'm not sure, I'm not a fan of the series.) because that's a fairly brilliant idea.

Work? You crazy! Oh god I feel sick.

I don't really like Guitar Hero games. Too hard maybe. Never played it actually. But an easier version with some roleplaying elements, GTA style world. I'd be up for wasting the next decade of my life on. Sort of manageing a band, doing a bit of rythmn gaming? I'd play it. Maybe I'm a freak tho.

I expect this type of game to come out. It's inevitable.

i just played a search and destroy match on COD4, i got 16 kills to 4 deaths, 2 air strikes, 2 completed challenges, and i was against a team of people with 3 on level 55 10th prestige and my team had nobody over level 30 (without prestige). best i did!

1850 points!