VIDEOGAME Thread...

360 GT:

thicksetash

Update: My "tag" is Pimpmobile01, add me or whatever you do because I have no idea.

Added.

And those are good games you chose. The online for COD4 has a big learning curve (well, for me anyway, maybe I'm just dumb), but the single player is un-fuckin-believable. Halo 3 is awesome, plain and simple. I've never played Orange Box but I've heard nothing but good things. And I have no opinion on the other two.

Binge and Slash: For a Sonic game: yes. For a game in general: no. If you're a hardcore Sonic fan then sure, go for it. If not, fuck it in every orifice it has and leave it for dead. It's not worth your time.

Anyone got condemmed 2. bloodshot? I'm thinkin about getting it but I think I have enough games already! I'm still playin burnout paradise and assassins creed and I'll be playin GTA 4 in about a month.

If you're into the scary based games then I say get it. But be warned, you will jump and get scared.

Nah it's ok I've got it all sorted, I plugged the 360 into my brothers laptop instead of my computer and it's working fine now, it's updating now.

I'll edit and post my tag in a few minutes.

Update: My "tag" is Pimpmobile01, add me or whatever you do because I have no idea.

Ok and if I was to get 5 games...what should they be? They have to be cool on Live too (just found out I've got a 1 month free gold thingy ^_^).

I was thinking Burnout Paradise (or Project Gotham 4? I rather liked Burnout), Halo 3, Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 (I dunno though, I'm not a big "realistic" shooter kind of person) and Mass Effect.

ill add you in the morning, or if your on first, add me.

Dean16Connolly

Get halo3, COD4, Gears of War, Burnout and Pro Evo 2008 :)

well i rang microsoft about my broken disc tray and to my surprise they were very helpful and arranged to have it sent in for repairs. i decided to play an arcade game while awaiting the email with the packaging stamps when a nice red ring of death appears! so now i have to ring them back and tell them it broke again. and i'm so surprised because in all my years of gaming and different consoles i've never ever had one break, and now one does in 2 different ways in the same weekend :P

I've hired out Halo 3...it's pretty ok I guess. I probably won't bother doing the single player though, I've never really enjoyed the Halo 1 players.

You can barely hear people with the headsets and stuff, it's pretty useless. I thought it'd be awesome to use but it's not really.

well i rang microsoft about my broken disc tray and to my surprise they were very helpful and arranged to have it sent in for repairs. i decided to play an arcade game while awaiting the email with the packaging stamps when a nice red ring of death appears! so now i have to ring them back and tell them it broke again. and i'm so surprised because in all my years of gaming and different consoles i've never ever had one break, and now one does in 2 different ways in the same weekend :P

I've heard that if you pull the cord out of your 360 once you see the red ring, it'll be fine. Not sure if it always works though.

Guest banaszkiewicz
When is that Aerosmith game coming?

june 29th in north america

a release date in europe hasnt been scheduled yet...

Bioshock isn't really a game. You just shoot until you get killed, you can't really be good at it. It's easier to die and start again. Graphics and story are amazing.

Mass Effect is mind blowing and is about as exciting as Bioshock really inj terms of the action. The shooting elements of both games are sort of not that great, its not combat oriented. But Mass Effect has a good exploration, driving game. The Mako think is fun to drive around. The universe is not as big as we thought.

Bioshock - 1940s retro style.

Mass Effect - Starship Troopers the videogame.

I'd get both. to play through them for the gamerscore points. The Darkness is better than those two games.

I found Crackdown to be more exciting than either of those games to actually play. Stranglehold is also good action gaming, its not frustrating or anything. You just blast up anything and everything.

Mass Effect is much better.

Bioshock is one of the most overrated games in recent memory for me. Buy COD4 or Orange Box if you want an amazing FPS.

Yeah I'll be getting both of them, I hope COD4 is better than the tiny exposure I've had of it (played a multiplayer and had no idea what was going on, it was my first time playing an Xbox), and my computer has never been good enough for Half Life 2, so I'm looking forward to Orange Box. Mass Effect it is, I'll trust your judgement ;)

Thanks wasted as well, I like how you said it was Starship Troopers the game...I love Starship Troopers. Never heard of those other games though.

I've settled on Burnout Paradise, Halo 3 (just for the multiplayer, which is sorta fun), Mass Effect, Orange Box and COD4 for my 5 games I'm getting. All set.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Thatta boy.

Call of Duty 4 is by far one of the best FPS games I've ever played. The story mode is short, took me 8 hours on hardened difficulty, but it's so intense and explosive for the whole time. Way more action in it than most FPS that last twice as long. Tells a really good story too.

Multiplayer is where you'll spend most of your time. The rank system is really amazing. I've been playing for about 28hrs in total now online and I'm only rank 52 (max is 55) so you have a lot of gameplay there even if you don't play much after reaching the limit. I imagine you would though as it's the most solid FPS online game I've played this side of Counter-Strike. I really, really love Counter-Strike so that's saying something. There's just so many different weapons, maps, game modes etc.

Half-Life 2... well. That game (and the two following episodes) are just a masterclass of game design. Pretty much perfect if you ask me.

However, Portal blows both of those games away. Only 3 or so hours in length but it's crafted with such imagination and passion for the industry that you'll just fall in love. Play it after completing all the HL2 games as you'll then realise all the subtle ways that the story ties into them. I honestly can't say enough good stuff about Portal.

Edit: You need Gears of War though, dude. Seriously. Kick Burnout Paradise or Halo 3 out of that list and replace it with GOW!

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain