VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Just watched a video for MGS 4. Looks like MAYBE best game ever only next to GTA IV. Savin up for a PS3 so i can buy one for MGS 4.

Nah, not the best game ever. Battlefield Bad Company will cover that. It'll be a great game though, along with the other three great games coming out in June.

No sirs, I apologize for proving both of you wrong, but mario bros 3 is still the greatest game ever made.

Just watched a video for MGS 4. Looks like MAYBE best game ever only next to GTA IV. Savin up for a PS3 so i can buy one for MGS 4.

Nah, not the best game ever. Battlefield Bad Company will cover that. It'll be a great game though, along with the other three great games coming out in June.

No sirs, I apologize for proving both of you wrong, but mario bros 3 is still the greatest game ever made.

that, GTA IV and Goldeneye 64

Guest Jack_the_ripper

that, GTA IV and Goldeneye 64

How can a game that's not even out be the greatest ever? And as great as goldeneye is, I think it's over-rated. Don't get me wrong, great title, just over-rated.

My top 5 greatest games of all time:

5. Skies Of Arcadia

4. Super Mario RPG

3. Ico

2. Beyond Good & Evil

1. Mario Bros. 3

There's plenty of honorable mentions, just these games stand out to me the most for 1 reason or another.

battlefield will not beat MGS4, that's crazy talk. you won't have to pay extra to unlock guns with MGS4 either :P

Not real money, but Drebin Points. :lol:

I really hope it doesn't come out all RE4 like. That would be lame.

I'm reading a lot about it, and it doesn't seem as it will. But, still.

So no one seemed interested in Mario Kart?

..Losers!

I'm interested.

Though, not a whole lot anymore. I had planned on buying it day one.

Now, I might just way a bit. It's not going anywhere.

battlefield will not beat MGS4, that's crazy talk. you won't have to pay extra to unlock guns with MGS4 either :P

back in my day they used have cheat codes for that thing, now EA get you to pay!

You don't have to buy the extra guns. It's just an add on. Just like the tons of Rock Band song packs...

back in my day they used have cheat codes for that thing, now EA get you to pay!

You don't have to buy the extra guns. It's just an add on. Just like the tons of Rock Band song packs...

but when playing online, the people who buy the guns could have an advantage (i'm assuming the buyable guns will be better). either way this has made me not but the game. if people keeping buying the shit EA try to sell then they will just get worse

also the only reason the content on rock band and guitar hero cost money is because they have to pay the artists

Edited by vicious

US Amazon	UK Amazon	%Increase
Rock Band Bundle $147 $354 (£180) 140% (RRP)
IPod Touch 16GB $340 $450 (£229) 32%
PS3 40GB $399 $560 (£285) 40%
Guitar Hero 360 Bundle $99 $125 (£64) 26%
Nintendo Wii $249 $352 (£179) 41%

EA can fuck off with Rock Band's pricing. I'm not paying £180 for the instruments and the game.

Edit: Bleh. It fucks up on here. You get the idea though.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

From what I read on various sources a few weeks ago, the extra guns will be hardly better. They will be a little better, but not by a lot. And that's why they have the extra guns, so some can buy them without overpowering the people who don't buy them.

And also, that isn't the only reason the Rock Band song packs an GH song packs cost money. Another main reason would be the labor put into making the songs playable.

so you think it's ok to sell unlockable guns without having anyway of using your skill to unlock them without paying? i just think that paying 60 euros for a game is far too much already without being asked to pay more.

Simply it just boils down to opinion, just like the rest of the Video Game World. I think it's alright for them to try and sell some extra guns, just as long as they are worth the money. I'm still definitely going to buy the game. A few extra guns that are an option to purchase won't stop me from buying such a game.

And no matter what anyone says, Battlefield will definitely give MGS4 a run for it's money. Whether it wins in the end or not, it'll still be an interesting "video game battle".

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Simply it just boils down to opinion, just like the rest of the Video Game World. I think it's alright for them to try and sell some extra guns, just as long as they are worth the money. I'm still definitely going to buy the game. A few extra guns that are an option to purchase won't stop me from buying such a game.

And no matter what anyone says, Battlefield will definitely give MGS4 a run for it's money. Whether it wins in the end or not, it'll still be an interesting "video game battle".

Sir, that's just absolutely delusional. Firstly, remember what happened to the last console battlefield? that sucked hard.

Secondly, everyone knows I'm not a fan of the MGS but even I know that MGS and battlefield are in 2 completely different leagues. MGS is playing pro while battlefield is still playing in the minors.

MGS is playing pro while battlefield is still playing in the minors.

Here Here!

Battlefield might be fun, but the amount of work put in MGS4 is mind blowing.

The trailers speak for themselves for what the better game will be.

And, the artwork for the LE of MGS4 has been revelaed!

mgs4_limited-edition-boxart-490x.jpg

That is so fucking hawt. :wub:

It's also been found out that it's exclusive to Gamestop.

I'm glad I already went down there, and put some money down.

Now I don't feel so jealous of Japan/Europe's cover art.

Our standard art is still laughable, though. :lol:

Sir, that's just absolutely delusional. Firstly, remember what happened to the last console battlefield? that sucked hard.

Secondly, everyone knows I'm not a fan of the MGS but even I know that MGS and battlefield are in 2 completely different leagues. MGS is playing pro while battlefield is still playing in the minors.

Are you talking about Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare? That game did not suck. The single player may not have been the best but the online for it was amazing.

And no shit Battlefield and MGS4 aren't the same concept. I never said they were even close. I just said that they'd give eachother a run for the money. I'm not saying Battlefield or MGS4 will be better, but you act like Battlefield won't sell too well at all. I said, and know, that there will be a good battle between them because those are two of the biggest games comming out in June and towards the Summer.

I don't know where you get your information, but Battlefield is definitely not playing in the Minors.

I've never played any MGS's.

I can't get into Mass Effect really, which is a shame cause I want to do more with the storyline/interacting with people (cause that's pretty cool), but the whole combat system and 3rd person shooter sorta sucks.

I've never played any MGS's.

I can't get into Mass Effect really, which is a shame cause I want to do more with the storyline/interacting with people (cause that's pretty cool), but the whole combat system and 3rd person shooter sorta sucks.

I just put it on Easy and kicked ass. Now I have awesome weapons and I can't be killed. I nearly quit trying to kill that Queen bitch.

Get Crackdown, that's just unbelieveable game.

Crackdown

The Darkeness

Dead Rising (if ur suicidal)

Edited by wasted

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Are you talking about Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare? That game did not suck. The single player may not have been the best but the online for it was amazing.

And no shit Battlefield and MGS4 aren't the same concept. I never said they were even close. I just said that they'd give eachother a run for the money. I'm not saying Battlefield or MGS4 will be better, but you act like Battlefield won't sell too well at all. I said, and know, that there will be a good battle between them because those are two of the biggest games comming out in June and towards the Summer.

I don't know where you get your information, but Battlefield is definitely not playing in the Minors.

Firstly, Single player is what counts about a game, not the multiplayer. The multiplayer is just an add on to try and sell people with it.

The game was fucking horrible, 1 of the worst FPS I've played.

I enjoyed battlefield, but quality wise, comes no where near MGS and your alone saying it will, your delusional.