VIDEOGAME Thread...

I've never played any MGS's.

I can't get into Mass Effect really, which is a shame cause I want to do more with the storyline/interacting with people (cause that's pretty cool), but the whole combat system and 3rd person shooter sorta sucks.

I just put it on Easy and kicked ass. Now I have awesome weapons and I can't be killed. I nearly quit trying to kill that Queen bitch.

Get Crackdown, that's just unbelieveable game.

Crackdown

The Darkeness

Dead Rising (if ur suicidal)

The Darkness is a really cool cinematic experience but as a FPS it's pretty shoddy. I'd rather just have somebody record all of the cutscenes and convos and watch it as a movie. The gameplay was an annoyance for me.

More details on Mario Kart. Pros and cons. Is it really that good?

I've just been playing it for 3 hours.

It's good, it's not alot different from the Gamecube version, if you like the Gamecube version, you'll love this.

And the steering wheel thing didn't take long to learn, suprisingly, halfway round lap 1 of the first course I'd got it nailed.

Simply it just boils down to opinion, just like the rest of the Video Game World. I think it's alright for them to try and sell some extra guns, just as long as they are worth the money. I'm still definitely going to buy the game. A few extra guns that are an option to purchase won't stop me from buying such a game.

And no matter what anyone says, Battlefield will definitely give MGS4 a run for it's money. Whether it wins in the end or not, it'll still be an interesting "video game battle".

Sir, that's just absolutely delusional. Firstly, remember what happened to the last console battlefield? that sucked hard.

Secondly, everyone knows I'm not a fan of the MGS but even I know that MGS and battlefield are in 2 completely different leagues. MGS is playing pro while battlefield is still playing in the minors.

Are you talking about Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare? That game did not suck. The single player may not have been the best but the online for it was amazing.

And no shit Battlefield and MGS4 aren't the same concept. I never said they were even close. I just said that they'd give eachother a run for the money. I'm not saying Battlefield or MGS4 will be better, but you act like Battlefield won't sell too well at all. I said, and know, that there will be a good battle between them because those are two of the biggest games comming out in June and towards the Summer.

I don't know where you get your information, but Battlefield is definitely not playing in the Minors.

Firstly, Single player is what counts about a game, not the multiplayer. The multiplayer is just an add on to try and sell people with it.

The game was fucking horrible, 1 of the worst FPS I've played.

I enjoyed battlefield, but quality wise, comes no where near MGS and your alone saying it will, your delusional.

That may have been the case a few years ago, but definately not anymore. Multiplayer is the main reason people buy games now these days. Sure, with an exception of some games that don't have or don't need multiplayer.

And I never said Battlefield was definately going to be better. When I said that Battlefield was going to cover the "Best Game Ever Award", I was kidding. You can never tell that about a game, especially when it's not out for another two months.

I know Battlefield won't come close to MGS4 because they are nothing alike. MGS4 will mainly be bought for the awesome single player, and Battlefield will mainly be bought for the multiplayer. Easy as that.

I'm getting both of the games, so I can argue as much as I want about them and say which I think will be better. Right now, I'm not saying which 'cos I can't tell just yet.

I've never played any MGS's.

I can't get into Mass Effect really, which is a shame cause I want to do more with the storyline/interacting with people (cause that's pretty cool), but the whole combat system and 3rd person shooter sorta sucks.

I just put it on Easy and kicked ass. Now I have awesome weapons and I can't be killed. I nearly quit trying to kill that Queen bitch.

Get Crackdown, that's just unbelieveable game.

Crackdown

The Darkeness

Dead Rising (if ur suicidal)

The Darkness is a really cool cinematic experience but as a FPS it's pretty shoddy. I'd rather just have somebody record all of the cutscenes and convos and watch it as a movie. The gameplay was an annoyance for me.

It didn't bother me. It was relaxing, casual shooter. The demon arm wasn't always easy to use but other than that...

I remember thinking like how it wasnt a shooter cos the Demon powers were important. Rainbow Six or COD are pure shooters.

Edited by wasted

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Do you really need the wheel to play Mario Kart, or is it pretty much just the same holding the controller sideways?

Sessler was playing with the nunchuk and wiimote, and said that he enjoyed that set up very much, it felt natural.

Nintendo needs to up their shit though, cause already they've hacked the game to fuck, therefore making it unplayable online and the such.

Do you really need the wheel to play Mario Kart, or is it pretty much just the same holding the controller sideways?

Sessler was playing with the nunchuk and wiimote, and said that he enjoyed that set up very much, it felt natural.

Nintendo needs to up their shit though, cause already they've hacked the game to fuck, therefore making it unplayable online and the such.

Well I don't know who Sessler is, but I haven't researched the controller options yet so I have no idea. But I'm sure the nunchuck wouldn't be too hard, would be sort of like Mario Kart 64 I'd think. And what do you mean about the second stuff?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Well I don't know who Sessler is, but I haven't researched the controller options yet so I have no idea. But I'm sure the nunchuck wouldn't be too hard, would be sort of like Mario Kart 64 I'd think. And what do you mean about the second stuff?

Adam Sessler is arguably the Roger Ebert of the gaming industry: meaning he's a reviewer who actually knows his shit. Check him out and his reviews on g4's website (google g4)

The game has been out worldwide for 2 days now, and they've found alot of cheats for it. I think a majority of those are exploits and not intended.

I haven't read up enough on the situation, but I know that the game is being exploited to fuck, and alot of people are cheating victories.

That's shit. There's no pleasure in cheating at games like Mario Kart, stupid hackers ruin it. Maybe it's not completely ruined, Nintendo has the worst online system anyway though, so I doubt I'd get much use out of it anyway, I have a brother to play with for multiplayer anyway.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
That's shit. There's no pleasure in cheating at games like Mario Kart, stupid hackers ruin it. Maybe it's not completely ruined, Nintendo has the worst online system anyway though, so I doubt I'd get much use out of it anyway, I have a brother to play with for multiplayer anyway.

yeah, but you can't argue with 12 player online.

and GNR513, firstly there's review sites for you to find this out, and it's shit. that simple, horrible piece of fuck shit.

so yeah had an all night session on mario kart with 7 of my friends.

great fun.

love the motor bikes, the tricks and all 32 tracks.

really enjoy coconut mall.

i played 3 races online yesterday, and it seemed very good.

no lag etc.

Ah, nice touch by including your own Mii's in the crowd and on posters on Mario Kart - didn't really notice that until I saw my Robocop on a poster :lol:

and on that coconut mall stage, near the end of the lap where the guys block you in the cars, your Miis drive those cars.

Mario Kart Wii is pretty awesome.

The wheel is pretty shit.

I don't know why ANYBODY would use automatic when you can't jump/build up a mini-turbo.

That is all.

i use the gamecube controller from now on.

one race online with the wheel was enough for a lifetime. <_<

i would be lost without my mini turbo, seriously.

i use it every corner.

love the tricks boost too.