GNR Playing Australia!

Nick85

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, the tour posters should be cool to get - definitely collectable. As well as any backstage passes or crew passes/shirts after the tour. Most will probably end up on eBay at seriously inflated prices. I'm hoping some company will do a GNR magazine tour special myself. There was lots of coverage for the 93 tour in the papers and magazines - even TV week did a pullout tour souvenir poster (double sided from memory).

I haven't noticed anything in any of the newspapers up here mentioning the tour.

I'm just waiting on seeing the posters go up around town, I'm gonna steal one!

My mum has seen articles about the tour over the last few days in the papers.

And hell yes...would be awesome to see posters up to take.

I reckon they will be about 110. Totally worth every penny.

get em funky, cant wait till your geeked ass gives a review!

Geeked...? :unsure:

:scared:

means excited, sorry, I was trying to be 17 again, I kow your pumped man, it isnt the same as "a geek"

I reckon they will be about 110. Totally worth every penny.

get em funky, cant wait till your geeked ass gives a review!

Geeked...? :unsure:

:scared:

means excited, sorry, I was trying to be 17 again, I kow your pumped man, it isnt the same as "a geek"

Hahahaha ooooooh! Well now I see :tongue2: .

And hell yes, I can't wait.

How do you go about getting backstage passes?

Do you think Axl and co will go out afterwards and hit the clubs in Melbourne and Sydney?

What hotel do you think they will be staying at in Sydney?

Novatel and Ibis are the ones closest to the Acer Arena

Do you think Axl and co will go out afterwards and hit the clubs in Melbourne and Sydney?

Stalker alert! :confused:

j/k :xmasssanta:

a belated reply, but w000000!!!!

i'll be at acer arena

how's everyone going to get tickets if there's no presale?

internet or early morning line outside ticketek?

I'm going to the Acer Arena one aswell, getting tickets from the internet.

No mention of a presale yet.

i'm not joking, that is a stalker alert!,

Bout the backstage passes question, I had a friend ask me the same thing yesterday. He wanted to know if he could get one. Basically those are only given to industry insiders/friends of the band and select members of the people who put the staging and equipement together for the performance. My friends reasoning was that if he had a backstage pass he could maybe get to meet Axl or go anywhere behind the scenes but to do that generally you need an access all areas pass which means basically go anywhere and as other artists have shown, theres a heap of people usually backstage, many of them security and getting close to the artists themselves is usually a no go zone unless permission has been granted beforehand and you know the artist or they want to talk to you/allow you to film them before the performance.

As for tickets, I havent decided how I'm gonna go bout it. Either the net or line up and buy tickets. Might go past the venue a few hours before tickets go on sale and see if anyones lining up and see if theres much of queue. I figure tickets are gonna sell out fast. There's been a lot of coverage in the papers about it, plus on the web, so people are definitely pumped they are coming to tour but many are also holding off saying definitely until ticket prices are released. And its just one per show at each venue so far and really comparing this tour to the 93 tour its not that big so most venues are about 12,000 to 20,000 seaters so I think probably tickets will go quickly. And I've read about plenty of people saying they are going with groups of people so I expect bunches of tickets to be sold in the first few hours but I'm hoping if its a sell-out and tickets go faster than expected (and some are saying they wont given the lack of predominance of the band in the past few years) that more shows will be added, probably 1 extra show for Sydney and Melbourne.

For the band themselves, I think some of them will go out clubbing after the concert. Sebastian is definitely a good bet to party hard while here and he will probably drag Axl along even if Axl doesnt wanna go anywhere. Not sure what hotel they will be staying at but its a sure bet all of that will be publicized and the floors the band are staying sealed off to members of the public with extra security posted outside the hotel and the elevators. Just hope Axl doesnt play cat and mouse with all the fans and press while here like some celebs do. Would be good to have him come and say hi and give a thumbs up to fans or something but Axl's very reclusive so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we dont see him out and about much.

Taking another look at ticket prices, the Japan Times says that tickets for the Japanese shows on the upcoming tour are selling between 10,000 and 12,000 yen so roughly converted into Australian dollars that's $102 and $122 so its a good bet that most tickets will be around that price range for the upcoming tour.

i'm not joking, that is a stalker alert!,

:lol:

oh well

these are the prices for the red hot chillie peppers concert in brisbane this month, both nights sold out, just to give brisbane fans an idea.

Chili Bowl - $136.95*

Back GA - $122.05*

Lower Circle Seating - $122.05*

Upper Circle Seating - $96.95*

As for tickets, I havent decided how I'm gonna go bout it. Either the net or line up and buy tickets. Might go past the venue a few hours before tickets go on sale and see if anyones lining up and see if theres much of queue. I figure tickets are gonna sell out fast. There's been a lot of coverage in the papers about it, plus on the web, so people are definitely pumped they are coming to tour but many are also holding off saying definitely until ticket prices are released. And its just one per show at each venue so far and really comparing this tour to the 93 tour its not that big so most venues are about 12,000 to 20,000 seaters so I think probably tickets will go quickly. And I've read about plenty of people saying they are going with groups of people so I expect bunches of tickets to be sold in the first few hours but I'm hoping if its a sell-out and tickets go faster than expected (and some are saying they wont given the lack of predominance of the band in the past few years) that more shows will be added, probably 1 extra show for Sydney and Melbourne.

I'm lineing up before school at our local newsagent to buy my tickets. I'll proably get there at about 8:30 and just wait the half hour. I'm sure there will be a few people there lineing up but not alot.

As for prices I hope that they stay around the $80-$120 mark.

Im worried that tickets go on sale at 9 am. Thats eastern standard time, so i have to get mine over the net or on the phone, coz someone over east can just buy all the perth tickets 3 hours before my news agents open :(. What does everyone recomend when it comes to buying tickets, phone or the net?