List Your CD Collection

Estranged Reality

I suppose you can count downloaded music as long as it's been downloaded legally through an outlet such as iTunes.

I have thousands upon thousands of songs on my PC that I just downloaded, and in my eyes that's not really music I "own" - it's not the same as *paying* for an album. Below is a list of CDs I own:

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess, Sketches of Spain

Neil Young - Tonight's the Night

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle

Aerosmith - Gold

NIN - With_Teeth, Downward Spiral [DualDisc]

RATM - Rage Against the Machine

Tom Waits - Orphans [Limited Edition]

The Doors - Perception [box Set]

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor

Led Zeppelin - Remasters

Jeff Buckley - Grace [Deluxe Edition]

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror

Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits, Lies, Appetite for Destruction, Spaghetti Incident?, Use Your Illusion I, Use Your Illusion II

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited, Blood On the Tracks

Rolling Stones - Made in the Shade, Forty Licks

Bernard Herrmann - Taxi Driver

Coldplay - X&Y

Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze

Motley Crue - Red, White & Crue; Girls, Girls, Girls; Dr. Feelgood; Theatre of Pain

Pixies - Best Of

AC/DC - High Voltage

Ennio Morricone - Crime and Dissonance

Er,... that's about all, I think.

Not a whole lot. I mostly download to be honest - but I'm trying to buy more lately.

My problem is, the only spending money I have usually goes towards DVDs. :tongue2:

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion 1, Use Your Illusion 2, Spaghetti Incident, Live Era.

Black Label Society - Sonic Brew, Stronger Than Death, 1919 Eternal, The Blessed Hellride, Hangover Music, Mafia, Shot To Hell.

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power, Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, Live 101 Proof, Reinventing The Steel, Greatest Hits.

The Doors - The Doors, Waiting For The Sun, L.A. Woman, Soft Parade, Morrison Hotel, Strange Days, Greatest Hits, Live.

Damageplan - New Found Power.

Down - Nola, Down II.

Hellyeah - Hellyeah.

AC/DC - Highway To Hell, High Voltage.

Hank Williams Jr - Greatest Hits, Greatest Hits 3, Pure Hank, Almeria Club Recordings, One Of You.

Hank Williams - Greatest Hits.

Motely Crue - Red White And Crue, Carnival Of Sins Tour Live.

Gilby Clarke - Greatest Hits.

Velvet Revolver - Contraband.

Rebel Meets Rebel - Rebel Meets Rebel.

Nirvana - Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero, Incesticide, Unplugged, Muddy Banks Live, Greatest Hits, With The Lights Out.

Shadows Fall - War Within.

Slayer - Christ Illusion.

Stone Temple Pilots - Core.

Die Mannequin - How To Kill.

I have some other stray cd's laying around, but nothing I really pay much attention too anymore.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
^ I've too many too! It would take me hours to write them and in fact I'm surprised as I expected to see bigger lists. Well maybe the age is a factor for that too...

Me too. I think I have around 300 cd's. And on my computer I probably have around 1000 more...

^ I've too many too! It would take me hours to write them and in fact I'm surprised as I expected to see bigger lists. Well maybe the age is a factor for that too...

May I ask how old you are? I'm 21, and am real picky about what I listen to.

She is born 82.

Well, considering the fact that I have over 30,000 songs on my hard drive, I wouldn't say it's an age thing. I listen to a lot of music.

The thing is, as I said before: most of the spending money I have goes towards DVDs. These days, I don't really have a whole lot to spend, and when you're buying $30- or $40 DVDs per pay period, it leaves little left over to blow on CDs. I've been getting more Criterion DVDs lately, and they're damn expensive (but worth every penny). But then I just don't have money for CDs - and I really think they're over-priced - where I work most new releases are $18 and older releases about $14, even with the employee discount.

But I'm starting to feel bad about downloading so much music without paying, and I'm making an effort to buy more CDs. Another thing is, I don't even have my CD player hooked up anymore: I always listen to music on my computer. It's EASIER for me to just play MP3s. I rarely use CDs. I just rip new CDs to my hard drive and they sit and gather dust on a shelf.

I realized after posting the list last night that I actually DO own a fair amount more than that - I have another rack of CDs that I forgot about. But I still own less than a hundred, I'd say.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Some of those I've bought:

ACDC: High Voltage, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Let There Be Rock, TNT, Powerage, Highway To Hell, , Back In Black, For Those about to rock we salute you, Who made who, the razors edge, Ballsbreakers, Bonfire, Stiff, Upper Lip

Accept: Accept, I am a rebel, Balls To The wall, Metal heart, Metal Masters

Aerosmith: Aerosmith, Rocks, Get You Wings, Rocks, Draw The Line, Toys In The Attic, Nightmare In The Ruts, and 6 more albums

Alice Cooper: Killer, School's Out, Muscle Of Love, Greatest Hits, Welcome To My Nightmare, Trash, The Beast Of Alice Cooper

Avantasia: The Metal Opera, The Metal Opera II

Backyard Babies: Making Enemies Is Good

Billy Idol: Greatest Hits

Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters Of Reality, Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy, Born Again, Forbidden, Reunion

Blind Melon: Blind Melon, Nico, Soup

Bob Dylan: MTV Unplugged, The Best Of Bob Dylan

Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits

Camel: Dust And Dreams, Mirage, Rain Dances

Crash Diet: Rest In Sleaze

Deep Purple: Very Best Of, Shades Of Deep Purple, Fireball

Def Leppard: Hysteria, Greatest Hits, Euphoria, X, Best Of

Dio: The Best Of Dio

Dire Straits: Dire Straits, Money For Nothing, The very Best Of Dire Straits

Dissection: Storm of the Light's Bane

Dream Theater: Images and Words, Live at Budokan

Enya: The Celts, The Memory Of Trees

Europe: Superhits, Wings Of Tomorrow, The Final Countdown, Secret Society

Finntroll: Jaktens Tid, Trollhammaren, Visor Om Slutet, Nattfödd, Midnattens Vidunder

Gamma Ray: Alive 95, Blast From The Past, Heading For Tomorrow, Insanity And Genius, Land Of The Free, No World Order, Power Plant, Sigh No More, Skeletons in the Closet, Somewhere Out In Space

George Harrison: The Best Of George Harrison

Guns N' Roses: Appetite For Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion I, Use Your Illusion II, Live Era, Greatest Hits ()and some bootleg cd's. Duff: Believe In Me. Izzy: Rivers, Ride on, Pressure drop (bootleg?). Gilby Clarke: '99 Live, Pawnshop Guitars, Rubber, The Hangover, Swab. Velver Revolver: Contraband. Hollywood Rose: The Roots Of Guns N' Roses

I don't have the energy to write more....

Me too. I think I have around 300 cd's. And on my computer I probably have around 1000 more...

She is born 82.

Yup ;) which makes me 24

I must have like around 350 cds and a few (around 25) vinyls that my father gave to me. He was a rock fan (Purple, Sabbath, Floyd etc).

I' also have some rare vinyls by bands like maiden, helloween and Bruce Dickinson.

To be honest though the 4 last years I'm really picky too FF so I buy just a few

Edit: I've mentioned age cos the majority of people in here are in their teens

Edited by rQueen

I have too many to list, but I will share my most recent hauls:

Down - NOLA, Down II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium

Rush - A Show of Hands

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs, Swordfishtrombones, Nighthawks at the Diner

And CDs I will be buying soon:

Rush - Snakes & Arrows

Megadeth - United Abominations

Scorpions - Humanity - Hour 1

The White Stripes - Icky Thump

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full

Down - Down III (Hopefully)

Yes - Relayer, Fragile

Testament - Practice What You Preach

It is a great year for music, old and new.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I have 2 shelves reaching from the floor to the ceiling plus 1 hmv type display full of cds... I have over 650 cds on my last count (ranging last year) adn since then I've added another good 100 via itunes and newer cds I bought.

She is born 82.

Yup ;) which makes me 24

I must have like around 350 cds and a few (around 25) vinyls that my father gave to me. He was a rock fan (Purple, Sabbath, Floyd etc).

I' also have some rare vinyls by bands like maiden, helloween and Bruce Dickinson.

To be honest though the 4 last years I'm really picky too FF so I buy just a few

Edit: I've mentioned age cos the majority of people in here are in their teens

haha,shes lying

shes really 32 :rofl-lol:

You can tell whatever you like in the internet :P

She is born 82.

Yup ;) which makes me 24

I had no idea you were the same age as me. I got the impression you were in your late 30's or something. I was going to blow your brains out with a shotgun in the mafia game until you decided to unvote me, had I known you were an 82'er I'd have let you live.

Aye anyway, I have around 250 CDs and the vast majority are scratched or in the wrong cases.

Yup ;) which makes me 24

I had no idea you were the same age as me. I got the impression you were in your late 30's or something. I was going to blow your brains out with a shotgun in the mafia game until you decided to unvote me, had I known you were an 82'er I'd have let you live.

Aye anyway, I have around 250 CDs and the vast majority are scratched or in the wrong cases.

Do I sound THAT mature t'you? What made you think I'm that old???

That's sweet what you tell about the game haha. It became a true splatter last night ... that I died <_<

Edit:

haha,shes lying

shes really 32 :rofl-lol:

You can tell whatever you like in the internet :P

I just saw this!!! one word to you child: JUNE :book: I can't be bothered e-slap you now xaxaxaxa :lol:

Edited by rQueen

Guns N Roses: AFD, Live from The Jungle, Lies, UYI I & II, TSI, Live Era, greatest hits

AC/DC: High Voltage, Let there Be Rock, Highway to hell, Back In Black, Razors Edge, Ballbreaker

KISS: KISS, Hotter Thah Hell, Dressed To Kill, Alive!, Alive II, Alive III, Alive IV, Alive: The Millenium Concert

Iron Maiden: Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time

Van Halen: Best Of Both Worlds, Live: Right Here Right Now

Alice In Chains: Dirt, Sap

Poision: Greatest Hits 1986 - 1996, Flesh & Blood

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Motley Crue - Red, White & Crue

Def Leppard - Hysteria

The Stooges - Raw Power

Wolfmother

Guns N' Roses- AFD, UYI I + II, Lies, TSI, Live Era

Velvet Revolver- Contraband

Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, Fragile, And All That Could Have Been, With Teeth, Year Zero

AC/DC- High Voltage, For Those About To Rock, Razor's Edge, Back in Black

Alice in Chains- Essential Alice in Chains

Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast, Live in Donnington

Alice Cooper- Hell Is

Aerosmith- Essential Aerosmith

KISS- Crazy Crazy Nights

Skid Row- Skid Row

Bob Dylan- Pretty much all his albums (long to name them all)

Bruce Springsteen- The River, Devils and Dust, Essential, Born to Run

Motley Crue- Dr. Feelgood

Led Zeppelin- Early + Latter Days

Stone Roses- Stone Roses

Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge over troubled water

Oasis- Be Here Now, Definately Maybe, What's the story morning glory, Heathen Chemistry, Don't Believe the Truth

The Clash- Essential

Nirvana- Greatest Hits

Pearl Jam- Ten

The Verve- Urban Hymns

many more as well but my hand hurts now..

Edited by Guest