Led Zeppelin

frankwhite

Led Zeppelin are awesome. rock3

I recommend you to buy a DVD, like The Song Remains The Same, there you will find this kick-ass version of Since I've Been Loving you. One of the best blues songs ever. B)

And Page is one of my favourite guitarists ever. ;)

would u believe it, im watchin that now (10 mins in and not a song yet) i thought it was a like...entire gig show? so far this is like the magical mystery tour to new york

Well, it's like a mix between a movie and a gig. ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them, but I don't love them. Everyone cracks on about them having so much versatility, but for me they have too much of it. Everytime I listen to them I just keep on craving a hard ass Immigrant song that goes for 3 minutes longer with a blistering solo. Instead I always get different songs...which would be great, if that's what I wanted.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...their versatility bores me when I want to listen to rock music. But when I want to listen to Zeppelin...well there's only one Zeppelin.

46 mins in and i think im in love :lol: no, seriously!!! where are these riffs comin from?!?! this is like the second coming of keith richards! and lead guy is fucin smokin!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by frankwhite

46 mins in and i think im in love :lol: no, seriously!!! where are these riffs comin from?!?! this is like the second coming of keith richards! and lead guy is fucin smokin!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

What song are you at?

i dunno, i think its called dazed and confused. who the fuck said the guitar guy is overrated?!?! i dunno shit about the guitar really but surely that shit aint easy...oh he's talkin bout san francisco now? flowersin ur hair? ur gonna meet a lotta different people there?

What song are you at?

i dunno, i think its called dazed and confused. who the fuck said the guitar guy is overrated?!?! i dunno shit about the guitar really but surely that shit aint easy...oh he's talkin bout san francisco now? flowersin ur hair? ur gonna meet a lotta different people there?

Yeah, thats Dazed And Confused.

Check this one out I'm fairly sure the intro is stolen from an old blues song but it doesnt take anything away from the song. If you get the chance, pick up the Led Zeppelin DVD. Its worth it for the first disc alone.

What song are you at?

Check this one out I'm fairly sure the intro is stolen from an old blues song but it doesnt take anything away from the song. If you get the chance, pick up the Led Zeppelin DVD. Its worth it for the first disc alone.

my comps too shitty to play stuff dude, sorry (and not to you either :lol:) i saw this other dvd in the store when gettin this, it had like 5 hours wortha shit on it and it was like...a little from knebworth a little from this madison sq garden gig and like bits from tonsa places. i wanted really to get that but a) i thought it was kinda heavy for a first timber and 2) this struck me as a "while they were around" release y'know? so theres like...some weird authenticity to it if u know what i mean? im on stairway right now? is this the great song everyones always raving about? (its good so far but...i dunno, aint finished yet so)

What song are you at?

The intro sounds like a song from Status Quo, I think it's called "Whatever You Want".

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Check this one out I'm fairly sure the intro is stolen from an old blues song but it doesnt take anything away from the song.

That would be Rice Miller AKA Sonny Boy Williamson II's "Bring It On Home". The embarrassing intro is an impression of Rice.

My favourite album is Houses of the Holy followed by Physical Graffiti, so yeah check out there later stuff it's amazing. The acoustic stuuff on II is brilliant as well.

There's no question that not everyone will like Led Zeppelin. They have such varied material, though, and this is what makes them so lovable for me. They go from heavy rock to folk in an instant, and it can be amazing to listen to. That being said, they definitely aren't everyone's band.

No other band in history could pull off No Quarter, Achilles Last Stand, In My Time of Dying, etc. like Zeppelin did. Those songs are just brilliant peaks in songwriting.

All my opinion, though. If you don't like them, you're not weird or anything.

However, Stairway is usually said to be overrated, and it ain't. I'm sorry. It's overplayed, yes, but that's it. Hearing it thousands of times can make it seem overrated, but the fact that they actually wrote that just shows how good they were.

page is the most talented guitarist ever

Consequently led zeppelin are one of THE greatest bands of all time.

I recommend you to buy a DVD, like The Song Remains The Same, there you will find this kick-ass version of Since I've Been Loving you. One of the best blues songs ever. B)

:mellow: i love that dvd...

And to everyone who's not into zep..just watch the first 18 seconds of that clip..

Wow :mellow:

Edited by JDRM

Zeppelin was probably the best rock band that ever graced this planet.

Bar none.... and to state any differently would make me wonder what exactly it is that you think rock and roll means.

The shit out there today is NOT rock, so maybe you just missed the boat.

:mellow: i love that dvd...

And to everyone who's not into zep..just watch the first 18 seconds of that clip..

Wow :mellow:

Exactly, that's why I posted this clip, awesome guitar part. Page is one of my 3 favourite guitarists (Buckethead, Page, Slash) ever. B)

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Zep lifted alot of stuff.

To new heights as well..

That's just not true. Listen to Otis Rush's "I Can't Quit You Baby", it's got 100 times the energy Led Zeppelin's version has. Sorry, but the real tragedy of their thievery is that they didn't really do anything too remarkable with most of it. The originals were never topped. Jimi Hendrix really adapted the blues effectively. I hate to say it, but most of the enthusiasm with which rock fans enjoy Led Zeppelin's blues material is the product of ignorance. Especially on the first two albums, their attempts at blues are simply embarrassing. Faked southern accents and shoddy harmonica playing is not good when compared with the real thing.

Check this one out I'm fairly sure the intro is stolen from an old blues song but it doesnt take anything away from the song.

That would be Rice Miller AKA Sonny Boy Williamson II's "Bring It On Home". The embarrassing intro is an impression of Rice.

Zep lifted alot of stuff. check this out

thanks for the link art. oh well by fleetwood mac is a really cool song. :)

To new heights as well..

That's just not true. Listen to Otis Rush's "I Can't Quit You Baby", it's got 100 times the energy Led Zeppelin's version has. Sorry, but the real tragedy of their thievery is that they didn't really do anything too remarkable with most of it. The originals were never topped. Jimi Hendrix really adapted the blues effectively. I hate to say it, but most of the enthusiasm with which rock fans enjoy Led Zeppelin's blues material is the product of ignorance. Especially on the first two albums, their attempts at blues are simply embarrassing. Faked southern accents and shoddy harmonica playing is not good when compared with the real thing.

i think the sad thing about it is they didn't always credit people when it was obvious. when they say they want to expose people to this music, the people need to know who it came from. i still like their music though. esp. the acoustic stuff and "when the levee breaks", the drums in the beginning are great.

i think the sad thing about it is they didn't always credit people when it was obvious

that is true. it would have been nice to give the old guys the credit they deserved.

i liked how Zep changed up the blues stuff and turned it into early metal/hard rock. i don't really find it necessary to compare it to the originals.

To new heights as well..

They were never going to sound like the original, and really if you're gonna cover something, do it as you, not as whoever did the song first.

Do people complain about how GNR's covers never sounded like Dylan, Aerosmith, or Wings?

Zeppelin built its rep on the energy of their playing and the music they created, and you say they didn't match Otis Rush's energy? they weren't going to. They were running on Zeppelin energy, which Otis can't match either.