Led Zeppelin

frankwhite

I've always wished that Axl could have fronted Zeppelin. Robert Plants lyrics and "Oh Babys" sound pretty lame. I think of the new GnR as trying to pickup where Zeppelin left off. Zeppelin wasn't afraid to try different styles and pretty much did whatever they wanted. John Paul Jones was the original Chris Pitman, and Jimmy Page, unlike Slash, was willing to play any style of music.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wished that Axl could have fronted Zeppelin. Robert Plants lyrics and "Oh Babys" sound pretty lame. I think of the new GnR as trying to pickup where Zeppelin left off. Zeppelin wasn't afraid to try different styles and pretty much did whatever they wanted. John Paul Jones was the original Chris Pitman, and Jimmy Page, unlike Slash, was willing to play any style of music.

Please. I mean, just please.

"John Paul Jones was the original Chris Pitman"?? Please have more respect for Mr. Jones than that.

Please. I mean, just please.

"John Paul Jones was the original Chris Pitman"?? Please have more respect for Mr. Jones than that.

Chris Pittman doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as John Paul Jones. Jones is a member of Led Zeppelin, pittman hasn't done shit. What a joke.

i borrowed early days off a friend a year or so back...but i was kinda lookin' at it thru punk shades and although good times bad times, rock n roll, dazed n confused stuck out to me...i kinda...dismissed a lot of the others offhand and i guess i wasnt REALLY paying attention but anywayz...i hear this song played by somebody i THINK its called Black Dog i remember some of the lines roughly "been somethin somethin i found out what people mean by down and out" and "i dont know i been told big legged woman aint got no soul" (dont laugh, thats what it sounded like to me!!) and i jus been playin the nuts offa this song, over n over n over n over n over and i dont even know what its called, i just took the cd outta my friends car where i was listenin to it (it was a burn) and jus repeated that track over n over n over, i jus love it to bits, somethin bout that guitar bit is like....simple yet fuckin just totally totally perfect. so i figure fuck it and got all their albums today offa ebay (for under 50 bucks, pretty good i thought) assuming i got the right shit, led zeppelin 1 2 3 4, in through the out door, houses of the holy, presence and physical graphitti. kind of a dumb move considering i might hate the shit but somethin bout that song REALLY fucking turned me on. i hope their not another fucking pink floyd cuz i dunno...theres so much promise in that shit. this is prolly gonna sound insulting to hafta explain this shit to me cuz i know they're like, rock gods or whatever but tell me about em!!! i mean, albums, which ones good, which ones bad, did i get the right ones, am i missin one, who the fuck are they, i know this much bonham, drummer, dead, drugs, not gettin back together again. page singer sounds kinda like axl, plant guitarist, supposed to be hot shit...thats it. oh yeah, i remember hearin somethin about groupies and sharks once? and uh, they're from england, i dunno, someone help me out. really hope they dont suck but so what if they do, nothin ventured nothin gained and WHATEVER happens, that one song with be the shit until the shit dries up!

Tough to read your post since you don't know how to spell, but I find it hard to believe you've never heard of Led Zeppelin. I think you're full of shit, especially since you are a die hard fan of the Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, etc.. These bands were popular at the same time Led Zeppelin was. You know it, stop pulling our chains.

i borrowed early days off a friend a year or so back...but i was kinda lookin' at it thru punk shades and although good times bad times, rock n roll, dazed n confused stuck out to me...i kinda...dismissed a lot of the others offhand and i guess i wasnt REALLY paying attention but anywayz...i hear this song played by somebody i THINK its called Black Dog i remember some of the lines roughly "been somethin somethin i found out what people mean by down and out" and "i dont know i been told big legged woman aint got no soul" (dont laugh, thats what it sounded like to me!!) and i jus been playin the nuts offa this song, over n over n over n over n over and i dont even know what its called, i just took the cd outta my friends car where i was listenin to it (it was a burn) and jus repeated that track over n over n over, i jus love it to bits, somethin bout that guitar bit is like....simple yet fuckin just totally totally perfect. so i figure fuck it and got all their albums today offa ebay (for under 50 bucks, pretty good i thought) assuming i got the right shit, led zeppelin 1 2 3 4, in through the out door, houses of the holy, presence and physical graphitti. kind of a dumb move considering i might hate the shit but somethin bout that song REALLY fucking turned me on. i hope their not another fucking pink floyd cuz i dunno...theres so much promise in that shit. this is prolly gonna sound insulting to hafta explain this shit to me cuz i know they're like, rock gods or whatever but tell me about em!!! i mean, albums, which ones good, which ones bad, did i get the right ones, am i missin one, who the fuck are they, i know this much bonham, drummer, dead, drugs, not gettin back together again. page singer sounds kinda like axl, plant guitarist, supposed to be hot shit...thats it. oh yeah, i remember hearin somethin about groupies and sharks once? and uh, they're from england, i dunno, someone help me out. really hope they dont suck but so what if they do, nothin ventured nothin gained and WHATEVER happens, that one song with be the shit until the shit dries up!

Tough to read your post since you don't know how to spell, but I find it hard to believe you've never heard of Led Zeppelin. I think you're full of shit, especially since you are a die hard fan of the Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, etc.. These bands were popular at the same time Led Zeppelin was. You know it, stop pulling our chains.

the thread is titled "Led Zeppelin, i never got into em" now where in the fuck does that suggest that i haven't heard of them? yeah i like the pistols and iggy pop and yeah they were around the same time as zeppelin but i wasnt actually alive then so what the fuck has that got to do with anything and anyway, why the fuck would i lie about that i mean, to what ends?!?!?! if u look in the beggining of the post i even said i borrowed a zeppelin album offa a friend a coupla years ago but never really listened to it. please try and make sense at least.

Check out Hots On For Nowhere and Achilles Last Stand form the underated Presence. Killer guitar riffs---

The whole album is underrated, love it. And Achilles Last Stand is easily one of the best Zep songs.

Thank you. Presence doesn't get enough praise for the album that it is. It's such a consistent album and songs like Tea For One just can't be beat.

listenin to black mountainside as we speak....this first album kicks ass!!! im such a first album person, they always appeal to me the most, they did with Please Please Me & Englands Newest Hitmakers...and so far too with Led Zeppelin I.

Guest knerken
listenin to black mountainside as we speak....this first album kicks ass!!! im such a first album person, they always appeal to me the most, they did with Please Please Me & Englands Newest Hitmakers...and so far too with Led Zeppelin I.

Led Zeppelin I is one of the best debut-albums in history, no doubt.

Check out Hots On For Nowhere and Achilles Last Stand form the underated Presence. Killer guitar riffs---

The whole album is underrated, love it. And Achilles Last Stand is easily one of the best Zep songs.

Thank you. Presence doesn't get enough praise for the album that it is. It's such a consistent album and songs like Tea For One just can't be beat.

Great album, I love Hots On For Nowhere.

Great album, I love Hots On For Nowhere.

Very underrated Zeppelin song.