AC/DC new album!

Death Star

I'm not particularly enthralled by the prospect of a new album to be honest because. Lets face it. Its the same song over and over. Pretty awesome song though haha.

Hopefully this means they'll tour and I can see them live.

Some of you guys know , I am and was a HUGE fan of these guys , but I just can't get into there newer stuff , Brian Johnson has lost his voice (understandably so , he has sung his heart out for this group for many years) I would like to see a Bon Scott reunion tour , with another singer (Crane,or Dolivo,etc) I just think Johnson is really bad now IMO , not exited at all.

Guest knerken

This is the the fifth time I hear official news that they are going into studio and planning a tour... Great if it's true this time..

hope it'll be better than stiff upper lip it sucked :(

No way, Stiff Upper Lip was the best AC/DC album since Flick Of The Switch! The blues thing really works well for them.

And it's great that Brian confirmed something we've known for like 6 years.

Wow, this is cool. Yesterday one of my friends told me that one of her friends who works for some promotion company that does concerts that AC/DC were touring next year sometime....and with a new album coming real soon, maybe she was right...

Nothing new here. Let's hope that it will work out - these guys are great!

I tend to disagree - I loved Stiff Upper Lip with it's bluesy stuff and I'm really waiting for the new record to arrive! And well needless to say that a tour would be awsome too!

Guest knerken
This is the the fifth time I hear official news that they are going into studio and planning a tour... Great if it's true this time..

Yeah, this has been kinda like a second Chinese Democracy, just not as many years.

Yeah, kinda. But Axl is actually touring though..

Brian Johnson has lost his voice...

...No he hasn't.

Come on HV , you have to admit , it has changed over the years , how could it not?

I do think they put his singing way too loud in the newer stuff , and that certainly don't help.

I have said it a few times before and I'll officially put it to rest , but Brian just don't have it anymore.

I challenge anybody to listen to anything made after The Razor's Edge, Then listen to all the stuff before , even his Geordie stuff , and there is no comparison , sounds like two different singers IMO.

Undoubtedly his voice has changed, but that doesn't mean he doesn't "have it" anymore. He's still in better shape than a guy like Axl, if you ask me.

A couple vids from recent years (i've posted one of them before):

Back In Black - Live in 2005

Black Dog - From a reunion tour with Geordie in 2001

Whole Lotta Rosie - With some random band a few weeks ago

I mean... listen to that performance of Back In Black and tell me he still doesn't "have it". He completely nails the song. I'll agree that his voice has changed - but so has the style of music. The band's pursued a bluesier sound on their two most recent albums. It didn't work at all on Ballbreaker, but Stiff Upper Lip was a great album. His voice suited the style they were playing.