Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SPOILER: All Slash Samples Here

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,643 posts
  • 03-April 03
it's like Amazon fucked up and put them up too soon or something

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

iceman51999

iceman51999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • 20-June 05
Samples are killer , album sounds as promising of a album that has come out in a long while in the world of rock of roll , there's some metal tunes, pure rock tunes, killerr sloer tunes and some fast hard rock, a fusion of everything , plus Slash kicking the guitars ass on anastasia, should be well worth the wait, youre a lie is a badass riff walking number , rest of the album will have plenty of slash ripping the solos, be well worth the wait

Turn_It_Up

Turn_It_Up

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,817 posts
  • 10-April 05

it's like Amazon fucked up and put them up too soon or something

That's what I've been thinking. Was pretty shocked they showed up 2 months before the release date and he's only playing 1 new track at his live shows.

Seemed like a weird, but welcomed gift that they appeared. Maybe it's for the better since we got a taste of them all, but won't burn ourselves out too far in advance. :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up, 30 March 2012 - 06:40 PM.

If everything's coming your way you're facing the wrong lane

LA_0013

LA_0013

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • 09-July 03
Glad I heard the samples, but I won't be listening to any more clips, leaks or individual songs until I can spin the album in its entirety.

The samples gave me a taste of the albums overall vibe (sounds like a well produced rock n roll record), but there's still a lot to look forward to (I have a feeling there will be some great guitar solos on this album)

LA

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,643 posts
  • 03-April 03
no promises

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

UcudBmine

UcudBmine

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • 24-May 07
Slash didn't want the samples up.

zq7k.jpg

Ana_1991

Ana_1991

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • 16-December 10
Guitars are little high in the mix. They should have cut the guitar volume a bit down. Or it is just my trashy speakers... :xmasssanta:

You can't be ugly and play hard to get. It just doesn't work that way. You're already hard to want!.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,391 posts
  • 23-December 10

Guitars are little high in the mix. They should have cut the guitar volume a bit down. Or it is just my trashy speakers... :xmasssanta:

No way, they're ok IMO. Myles is the problem.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 05-December 10
Anywhere I can hear the samples? I keep catching this thread after they've been removed (Amazon and youtube).

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,643 posts
  • 03-April 03

Myles is the problem.

that can never be.

eye2eye

eye2eye

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • 02-November 08

Myles is the problem.

that can never be.

But it actually is.

Myles is good vocalists and really shines in Alter Bridge, but with Slash he is so-so. And some tracks he is great (By The Sword, Nothing to Say, Been There Lately) on others he is plain horrible, maybe he is forced to sing those tunes (or he wants ) but he shouldn't do it. Maybe he isn't so versatile after all as he sounds horrible on majority of samples.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

uctalum01

uctalum01

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • 08-April 10

Myles is the problem.

that can never be.

But it actually is.

Myles is good vocalists and really shines in Alter Bridge, but with Slash he is so-so. And some tracks he is great (By The Sword, Nothing to Say, Been There Lately) on others he is plain horrible, maybe he is forced to sing those tunes (or he wants ) but he shouldn't do it. Maybe he isn't so versatile after all as he sounds horrible on majority of samples.

no it ACTUALLY isn't. in your opinion it is. one that clearly not everyone shares. I love Myles with this band because I get some hints of his Mayfield Four style which was amazing. I think getting to hear that when not with AB is awesome.

dario27

dario27

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • 23-April 05
how the hell is Myles weak in this samples?, i hear some high notes that singers would dream to reach.

Edited by dario27, 31 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Turn_It_Up

Turn_It_Up

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,817 posts
  • 10-April 05
I need my No More Heroes fix. Bad. :(

Edited by Turn_It_Up, 31 March 2012 - 06:14 PM.

If everything's coming your way you're facing the wrong lane

UcudBmine

UcudBmine

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • 24-May 07
Myles isn't the singer for a guy like Slash.

It's like a dying cat most of the times.
Let Todd sing, the guy is amazing.

Edited by UcudBmineCD, 01 April 2012 - 12:15 PM.

zq7k.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users