Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I respect your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it, but I put Green Day on the same pedestal that I put Justin Beiber.

I suspect that they have much of the same fan base.

LOL, how old are you anyway? How old were you when Green Day first started? Just curious since you seem to know nothing about the band's roots.

And by the way, Guns n' Roses is a far more commercial band than Green Day is (if that's what you're trying to get at by the whole Justin Beiber comparison).

Green Day cut their teeth in the Berkely punk scene, just as GNR did in the Sunset Strip scene. Your lack of respect for Green Day just demonstrates your ignorance of the band and music in general. :rolleyes:

I agree, I loved Green Day since the early 90s. It is amazing to me how huge they got. Anyone comparing them to the Bieber boy has not idea what he is talking about. I think they are perfect for introducing GnR has they have a lot in common. Both started pretty raw in the club scenes and evolved way more complex over time into arena acts.

I don't really want too see the original members perform at this point, so someone needs to perform. Why not Green Day. Wouldn't be my first choice but bring it on. Might turn out pretty cool.

Well, the last time I saw them briefly cover SCOM it was a cringe-worthy experience for me...

(Ah, finally found a video of it on youtube!)

I DO NOT want a repeat of this! :no:

That was a Green Day gig or a Festival? 'Cause that was a really big fuckin' crowd.

That was a Green Day gig or a Festival? 'Cause that was a really big fuckin' crowd.

Twas a Green Day gig at Wembley Stadium a couple of years ago. Probably one of their biggest shows that wasn't played at a festival.

It was an awesome concert overall but that particular moment was a serious low point for me.

Bumle confirmed : No new songs in Europe.

Shocked.,,,,,,NOT! Is anyone surprised?

Not surprised. Dissapointed, yes.

It sucks to have your favorite band be a band that doesn't like to release new music.

That is assumption that they don't "like" to release new music,without knowledge of the entire scenario.

System of a Down would've been great. Seeing my two favorite singers and my favorite guitarist on stage? Oh fuck yes.

I'm actually really disappointed with Green Day inducting them. Were they even influenced by GnR?

From what I've seen from the group's Wiki page -- No. And now I'm glad I don't have HBO to watch the embarassment. The staffers at the R&RHOF just want to stay relevant and cool with this decision (that and the fact that if GNR never said of who they wanted to be inducted by,) and it looks stupid, IMO. Instead of thinking, "Hey, let's get a new generation to pander to!" regarding HOF viewership, why not go with someone who matters to the group?

I'm probably just repeating what others have said, but I have a lot of feelings about this, and GNR in general.

System of a Down would've been great. Seeing my two favorite singers and my favorite guitarist on stage? Oh fuck yes.

I'm actually really disappointed with Green Day inducting them. Were they even influenced by GnR?

From what I've seen from the group's Wiki page -- No. And now I'm glad I don't have HBO to watch the embarassment. The staffers at the R&RHOF just want to stay relevant and cool with this decision (that and the fact that if GNR never said of who they wanted to be inducted by,) and it looks stupid, IMO. Instead of thinking, "Hey, let's get a new generation to pander to!" regarding HOF viewership, why not go with someone who matters to the group?

I'm probably just repeating what others have said, but I have a lot of feelings about this, and GNR in general.

You signed up here just to bitch and complain about Green Day inducting GNR into the RRHOF? Really? :rolleyes: