Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

I hope I'm not being misunderstood. Of course, I'd prefer GN'R to play, but it would be incredibly lame if no one played any GN'R tunes.

It would make the band look like a bunch of big babies and make things even more incredibly akward, as in "that's it?"

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm not being misunderstood. Of course, I'd prefer GN'R to play, but it would be incredibly lame if no one played any GN'R tunes.

It would make the band look like a bunch of big babies and make things even more incredibly akward, as in "that's it?"

The band is a bunch of big babies. Not just Axl, like some would like to believe, all of them are.

I just don't want to hear any of the classic music covered by people who have the potential to put Fergie to shame.

Bottom line: if there is no performance of any kind, I feel that the whole thing is very, very half-assed and totally akward.

Has there ever been a band inducted that has neither performed or had others perform in tribute to them?

Just to put things into perspective, let's say the Chili Peppers get 30 minutes between induction speech, acceptance speeches and performance.

How dumb and condescending would it be to have GN'R have half of that and half of the thunder? If they're not going to play, at least someone could represent their music and the band

could take honor in that a reputable rock band, one of the biggest of the last 20 years is paying tribute to their legacy. Besides that, you're all really jumping the gun: Green Day could really

surprise you, like it or not and put on a unique and fitting performance. I always thought Limp Bizkit was dogshit, but their performance of Sanitarium at the Metallica: MTV Icon show

was done very, very well.

Since I'm not holding my breath for the boys to get it together, I'm eager to hear what Green Day comes up with.

I'm actually pretty excited for the whole works and it's hard to believe it's already next weekend. I actually have butterflies.

Edited by Yesterdaze

I don't want to hear GD at all. They couldn't have made a worse choice.

If they really feel they MUST cover a song, then I hope it's CORNSHUCKER.

You know, the whole song will be censored by beeps and we won't hear anything. :xmasssanta:

If Duff and Axl performed this song (instead of Jungle or SCOM or whatever), it would be great.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Bottom line: if there is no performance of any kind, I feel that the whole thing is very, very half-assed and totally akward.

Has there ever been a band inducted that has neither performed or had others perform in tribute to them?

Just to put things into perspective, let's say the Chili Peppers get 30 minutes between induction speech, acceptance speeches and performance.

How dumb and condescending would it be to have GN'R have half of that and half of the thunder? If they're not going to play, at least someone could represent their music and the band

could take honor in that a reputable rock band, one of the biggest of the last 20 years is paying tribute to their legacy. Besides that, you're all really jumping the gun: Green Day could really

surprise you, like it or not and put on a unique and fitting performance. I always thought Limp Bizkit was dogshit, but their performance of Sanitarium at the Metallica: MTV Icon show

was done very, very well.

Since I'm not holding my breath for the boys to get it together, I'm eager to hear what Green Day comes up with.

I'm actually pretty excited for the whole works and it's hard to believe it's already next weekend. I actually have butterflies.

Haven't you heard their cover of SCOM? I'm not trying to be offensive to anybody with this statement, but it sounded like the most flamboyent homosexual in the galaxy was singing karaoke.

Along with a talentless band just trying to strum something that didn't come near to sounding anything like the song.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I really dislike Greenday. I feel like there should be a 'fuck no' option in the poll.

If I just went with my feelings, there would have been.

I was trying to make it as unbiased as possible because I don't want anyone who disagrees with me to feel like I made it to belittle them.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

definitely no!! no way they could pull off a guns song and do it any kind of justice. However if they were joined by Slash,Duff Steven it might not be too bad

I really don't think that Duff and Steven would have improved the travesty that was Fergie's Super Bowl performance. In fact, I'm kind of proud of them for not trying.

I voted no but..... If the band cannot perform because some members refuse to show up or show up and refuse to play some other band should cover a couple of the Classic GNR songs. If it is Green Day so be it. Duff is very close to some of the GD band members so at least it will mean something to him.