Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it Guns are in the same ballpark as Led Zep. Everybody else are a few galaxies below them. And anyone who believes that a certain elevator music band mentioned above is better than GNR should be baned from this forum for life

The way I see it Guns are in the same ballpark as Led Zep. Everybody else are a few galaxies below them. And anyone who believes that a certain elevator music band mentioned above is better than GNR should be baned from this forum for life

Guns had the potential to be in the same category as Led Zep. Or Aerosmith, Stones, U2 and that level.

Unfortunately, they have only released one album in the last 20 years. And their back catalog - while amazing - isn't quite large enough to put them at the top of the rock band list. Close to the top - but not at the top.

But, I think Axl still has it in him to put out 3-4 more masterpieces. At that point, a who is better - gnr-vs-ledzep debate could take place.

And, the forum would be a very boring place if they banned people for life for not having the same music likes/dislikes that you do. I don't know why it is so hard for people to enjoy and accept all kinds of music. I suppose it makes one more "rock n roll" or "bad ass" to put down other bands? :shrugs:

Guns had the potential to be in the same category as Led Zep. Or Aerosmith, Stones, U2 and that level.

Unfortunately, they have only released one album in the last 20 years. And their back catalog - while amazing - isn't quite large enough to put them at the top of the rock band list. Close to the top - but not at the top.

But, I think Axl still has it in him to put out 3-4 more masterpieces. At that point, a who is better - gnr-vs-ledzep debate could take place.

And, the forum would be a very boring place if they banned people for life for not having the same music likes/dislikes that you do. I don't know why it is so hard for people to enjoy and accept all kinds of music. I suppose it makes one more "rock n roll" or "bad ass" to put down other bands? :shrugs:

Personally I see GN'R as the Zeppelin of the '80s/'90s - a phenomenally huge hard rock band reeking havoc across the globe with a bluesy Les Paul playing guitarist. I see them as equals really, don't see one as better/worse than the other. But then you could say Zeppelin were as they were one of the groups that invented that style of music.

Re the induction I was hoping for one of the guys from Zeppelin or the Stones or indeed Elton John as Axl inducted him.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

What the fuck? I just read this shit on blabbermouth.net.

Are they kidding us all? If they wanted a young band then why not Avenged Sevenfold. At least they play rock and love GNR.

Why Green Day? I hate those guys so much. Don't like their style of music at all.

And I also read that they weren't sure if GD would perform? OMG! Could you imagine them playing Welcome to the Jungle or another GNR song? I would just destroy my tv!

Also Slash told rollingstone.com that Rose hates his guts and probably won't show up. Here we go again! The shit starts coming out of Slash's mouth.

Now I want Axl to show up and punch Slash in the mouth! I have a bad feeling now that this will be terrible. Worse than the Van Halen fiasco.

Well, I guess we'll know soon enough. And since everyone things Izzy won't show up, why doesn't Slash or Duff try to contact him?

This is going to be a contest on who shows up and then if Axl and Izzy doesn't, then they will be condemed for not showing up. This really pisses me off.

Also Slash is saying how GNR are touring and that's why Axl won't show up. How the hell does he know? Isn't his shit band touring too to promote yet another sucky cd?

Man, I really hope this turns out better than it seems, but I have a bad feeling it's going to suck!

Now I know for sure the original members won't be playing let alone accepting the award together. It's just damn sad.

Guest gunns5

Still gnawing on my computer monitor over this terrible news.

:fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

Should we riot?

Occupy Cleaveland!

Steven's already doing that.

yeah but it's hardly tent city

So Izzy isn't going and by this point I doubt Axl is either and now Green Day is gonna induct them. Can it get any worse?

Yeah, I agree. This sucks big time!

Who decides who inducts bands? Whoever it is is a stupid fuck for picking Green Day to induct GNR. I don't understand it? Are they even fans or will they pretend to be?

I think they should have picked A7X, those guys fuckin love GNR and would have been so honored to do it.

The only think worse would be if GD performed a GNR song. Then I would totally lose it!

Should we riot?

Occupy Cleaveland!

It might be. I'm sure that he has his trusted dealers on hand.

And his poser band that makes DJ Ashba look like Slash.

I think it's a perfectly fine choice :thumbsup:

i can't beleive there are 24 replies, and only 1 or 2 that are positive. y'all are a bunch of fucking crybabies. there must be a lot of folks around here who are bored to death with their lives, because they are CONSTANTLY looking for something - anything - to bitch and whine about.

The sadder thing is someone sitting there passing mass judgment because of a totally asinine and off-the-wall choice.

Should've gone with Avenged Sevenfold or someone. They're huge GN'R fans, pretty popular, and were influenced a tad by Guns.

I totally agree about Avenged Sevenfold. They are huge fans and they've played with Duff, Slash and Axl. They've even stated being influenced by them.

When I met the guys from A7X a few years ago, M. Shadows saw my GNR tattoo under the A7X one and he said how much he liked GNR too. I already knew that but it was so cool to hear it.

Anyway, this is gonna suck and GD better not try to sing a GNR song or Axl will sue them! lol

Should we riot?

Occupy Cleaveland!

It might be. I'm sure that he has his trusted dealers on hand.

And his poser band that makes DJ Ashba look like Slash.

DJ already looks like Slash.