Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

Guns N' Roses shared a link.

about a minute ago

One thing we can say about 4-14-2012 in Cleveland, Ohio It's gonna be a Green Day! http://bit.ly/HjUcIK

Well not directly from Axl but I will take that as he is going then? I think? lol

Yeah, and Chinese Democracy came out on a Tuesday.

There weren't enough Tuesdays remaining.

I always found it strange that it was released on a weekend lol

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck people on here are whiners. What does it matter who is inducting them? They don't write the speech anyway. No BIG band out there sounds anything like GNR anyway so who the fuck cares. I can think of a lot worse choices than Green Day. Just be happy GNR are up there in the first place, lots of bands aren't.

Holy fuck people on here are whiners. What does it matter who is inducting them? They don't write the speech anyway. No BIG band out there sounds anything like GNR anyway so who the fuck cares. I can think of a lot worse choices than Green Day. Just be happy GNR are up there in the first place, lots of bands aren't.

Agreed, This day is about our favorite band is it not? Or in some cases one of our fav bands. I don't care who goes up to say things about them, it is about them not Green Day

Edited by gunsguy

Agreed, This day is about our favorite band is it not? Or in some cases one of our fav bands. I don't care who goes up to say things about them, it is about them not Green Day

I care. This is an insult to our favorite band. It would be like REO Speedwagon inducting The Doors.

I care. This is an insult to our favorite band. It would be like REO Speedwagon inducting The Doors.

Would your opinion change if we were told the band picked them?

I bet Slash chose them.

I bet Slash chose them.

Hard to say or know at this point. I mean if the band picked them I am unsure how, meaning from what we know the band has not as a whole talked together, so how would they decide this?

Then again Axl owns the name, so is it up to him? The rest of the guys?? The HOF??? So much we don't know this is like a criminal case on the news, we are not hearing everything

Hey man.. I'm new or whatever...

Anyways been lurking for years and got nothing against you.

But, in your sig you have "Alot"

It's "A lot"

That's all.

lol new or whatever interesting, yes I knew that been to lazy to change it though :)

Yeah, I'd be even more disgusted.

I bet Slash chose them.

Hard to say or know at this point. I mean if the band picked them I am unsure how, meaning from what we know the band has not as a whole talked together, so how would they decide this?

Then again Axl owns the name, so is it up to him? The rest of the guys?? The HOF??? So much we don't know this is like a criminal case on the news, we are not hearing everything

If Axl chose him, he has a sick sense of humor. Maybe he opened up a Rolling Stone mag and picked the first and he saw.

Yeah, I'd be even more disgusted.

Coming from the guy who constantly makes threads comparing GNR to Rambo movies and other inane shit...

Coming from the guy who constantly makes threads comparing GNR to Rambo movies and other inane shit...

Rambo would be on my side with this. Please Axl, can we go back to China and win this time?

Edited by ITW 2012

I'm just gonna say that I actually do own a few Green Day albums, sometimes they're fun to put on when I don't want to think about the music too hard, but I still think they're the completely wrong choice for a band like Guns. I think a lot of people are upset that a band with no real connection to GN'R was picked to induct them, instead of maybe someone they've worked with before or influenced or had as an idol. It's a really big moment for this band that we all follow and scream at each other over, and we want to see the band get the dues they're owed.

Honestly, they should just get the cast of The Expendables to induct them.

The Expendables, ha, imagine if Axl wrote a book or make a movie/song with that name :rofl-lol:

btw, cant wait for The expendables 2 (R rated YAY)

So we got people who are positive both Izzy and Axl won't show, without either one quoted as saying they won't.

We got people who are positive the induction ceremony will be a disaster, without having a fucking clue as to what the fuck will happen.

We've got people who are convinced Green Day is a horrible choice made by the HOF, without having a fucking clue as to who made the decision or why.

We've got people who now have zero interest in the induction (or so they say), apparently because they hate Greenday more than they like GNR.

And we've got people who don't want any of the GNR inductees to even show up, just so induction night will be the disaster they are hoping & predicting it will be.

My one wish is that Axl isn't reading these boards right now, because this is fucking embarrassing as hell.

post of the day, and now if that was true about him wanting the board to cease at one point, I can somewhat see why lol