Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

why get mad over something that has nothing to do with you??

Some of these poor saps bought tickets for this.

to watch an even where they celebrate a couple of bands career.

If you had paid for tickets to go and see the Oscars would you get mad if Jim Carrey would present the award for best film?

No, Jim Carrey is hilarious.

hmmm............. okej lets say adam sandler then ;)

Let's pretend Michael Bay presented it and that I actually gave a shit about the Oscars and taht I'd blown thousands of dollars on going to see it...I wouldn't exactly be happy.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had paid for tickets to go and see the Oscars would you get mad if Jim Carrey would present the award for best film?

But... I like Adam Sandler too... :unsure:

:lol:

Green Day come on!! :fuckyou: ! HOF dropped the ball on this one. It should be Mick and Keith. WTF HOF get your shit together. Please change it to someone else Green Day is joke. I hope the HOF changes this. :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

The only way the HOF had a hand in picking Greenday is if nobody from GNR wanted to decide. Inductees choose their presenters, the HOF doesn't unless they are forced to do so. If we all show a little patience I'm sure it will soon come out who chose Greenday.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/60382

Asked about the band's nomination and how he felt about it, Rose replied: "Elton John asked me to induct him. I am very proud of that, still. I don’t know what [the nomination] means in terms of me and the old band. I don’t know - that is still all up in the air. It’s an honor to be on the nomination and I know there is definitely an element of the fans that really like that."

green day really arent all that bad. Theyre one of those bands that everyone hates because everyone else is into them and they think theyre better because they know "obscure" stuff like motley crue. If you revisit them... they have some good tunes. Listen to the songs warning, minority, when i come around, brain stew, jesus of suburbia. I mean theyre not great but theyre high profile and overall a great choice. You have to have a newer band do it or its stupid... like chris fucking rock. Better some somewhat interesting band that evolves album to album than a flash in the pan band or a cheesy band like avenged sevenfold or a vand that just plays the same song over and over again like nickelback or any other buttrock.

Let's pretend Michael Bay presented it and that I actually gave a shit about the Oscars and taht I'd blown thousands of dollars on going to see it...I wouldn't exactly be happy.

no but why cry/be mad/sad about it? Even if he makes shitty movies it isn't he who gets the award or anybody else (exept from the best film).

So why care if Green Day inducts them? It doesn't have anything to do with any of you. The only people that realy sould care about it is the GN'R guys.

haven't seen a single other option that would have fit

Alice Cooper..

He got the band from the get go.They were mutual fans of each other.GnR opened on an Alice tour.

Alice performed on the Illusions...they mutually recorded a version of Under My Wheels.

Iggy Pop...go watch the video of "Home"...Iggy got it as well.

GnR guys are HUGE Iggy fans.

I am not a GD fan however some of these choices are a little funny to me. HUGE Alice fan right here, again wierd, why? It is 2012 not the 70's anymore, and none of these older bands were influenced by GN'R. Green Day is known by the entire the music industry these days they "get it" in that respect. It actually brings a whole bunch of younger fans in to check out GN'R with the GD fans watching. Green day is eligible in 2 years time, they have been around long enough to be able to do this. I love Cooper, Iggy, Steven Tyler, Elton etc etc etc but they were never influenced by Guns as they preeded them.

If anything this has us talking, something that is good for a discussion forum :)

But... I like Adam Sandler too... :unsure:

:lol:

You're not supposed to :lol:

It is true, that this board is populated by a whole lot of crybabies.

I don't know all that much about the induction process, but it does seem to make sense that a band/singer who was influenced by the inductee would be a good place to start.

I mean Alice Cooper, seriously? Did he get inspired by GNR, then hop into a time machine back to 1972? If you're going to go with older acts, Aerosmith & Elton John would have been good choices, or Brian May.

Assuming Green Day are big fans of Guns (and keep in mind that elements of punk, and pop, were a huge part of what made GNR and Green Day so popular) I think it's a better choice than Avenged Sevenfold or some of the other suggestions. I do like Muse a lot, but we don't know if they had any interest in it.

Fucking Buckcherry ... :rofl-lol:

Green Day? Are you kidding me? Ugh...

Ideally I would've preferred Avenged Sevenfold, Wolfmother, Liam Gallagher, or, maybe for a special occasion they could've gotten an icon, but no they get Green Day.

It'll do I guess... I'm more interested in who shows up anyway.

Edited by Goose!

I would have way way preferred Oasis! Liam is the real deal like Axl! Such similarities between those two!

I would have also liked to have seen BONO! But they were around before/same time as GNR i think. Bono is huge! That would have been good!

Eddie Vedder would have worked for me as well.

I'm not thrilled with it being Green Day but some of you guys are going overboard. If it has to be a band that was influenced by GNR then I can't think of many BIG BIG names in rock that came after them.

Haha How bout STP!

...what does Green Day have to do with Gn'R...

Even though many people don't like Avenged Sevenfold, it at least would have made sense. This is completely out of the blue.

Is Blink-182 going to induct KISS if they ever make it? Christ.

I would have also liked to have seen BONO disappear! But they were around before/same time as GNR i think. Bono is a huge phallus! That would have been good!

Corrected. :)

Oh man! Can't diss Bono man! The guys a legend! I guess you just did though......

But someone as big as him doing it would be awesome for GNR!!

I still like Liam though! That would be first choice!

Shocking. Greenday are a great band but far from the right choice for this. Makes no sense to me at all. HOF should have turned it on its head and got Aerosmith, Brian May or someone who influenced Gnr to do it, would mean a lot more to not only the fans but to the band to have one of their major influences induct them - proper recognition.

Would have been cool for someone a bit more relevant to GNR to induct them like Elton or Steve Tyler or whatever, but I guess as none of the band members seem to want to talk about it or make any palns the HOF just went with whoever they could get. Green Day arnt that bad tbh, theyre old stuff especially can be pretty good. But at the end of the day does it really matter who inducts them?? Probably won't change the fact that the whole thing is gonna be a massive mess anyway