Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is baad:(. You can bet they asked Elton John and he refused coz that wud hav been genius. I mean no way would Axl not show up if his idol who he also inducted was going to present it to them. What a missed chance. Those hof idiots!!

Edited by Janis

I also hope that no members of GN'R turn up, but I just have a feeling that Slash, Duff, Steven and Matt will definitely be going.

I just hope that Axl doesn't go now Izzy has confirmed he won't be attending. Without Izzy in my view, it's pointless in Axl turning up...

If Axl was to turn up to this thing, I would want it to involve ALL original GN'R members, and we all know know that it's now happening.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Wow. Green day are the antithesis of Gnr in some ways. GD merely ran out of ideas (Warning album) and then opted for the easy route of copying Marilyn Manson's wardrobe and writing lame liberal rhetoric songs and talking about about religion, shitting on the president (American Idiot) then having absolutely NOTHING to say when Obama's sketchiness makes Bush and Clinton look like child's play. They're a good cover band and a were great up through Nimrod, but have SUUUUCKED like U2 suck since then.

Gnr chose to disappear when it seemed fit and came back with a whole original thing. GD did the opposite. They pulled a U2.

Wow. Green day are the antithesis of Gnr in some ways. GD merely ran out of ideas (Warning album) and then opted for the easy route of copying Marilyn Manson's wardrobe and writing lame liberal rhetoric songs and talking about about religion, shitting on the president (American Idiot) then having absolutely NOTHING to say when Obama's sketchiness makes Bush and Clinton look like child's play. They're a good cover band and a were great up through Nimrod, but have SUUUUCKED like U2 suck since then.

Gnr chose to disappear when it seemed fit and came back with a whole original thing. GD did the opposite. They pulled a U2.

Wow. You made absolutely no sense. Did you compare Green Day to U2 in a lesser sense? Lol. U2 is the superior band out of the 3 and are the most relevant of all of them.

\nothing wrong with the biggest rock band of the last 20 years inducting GN'R.

I was not aware that Nirvana is reuniting to induct GNR.

Nirvana were big from 91-94. Green Day have had two giant career waves. Maybe Dave Grohl with both of his bands compares, that's about it. But thanks for playing!

haven't seen a single other option that would have fit

Alice Cooper..

He got the band from the get go.They were mutual fans of each other.GnR opened on an Alice tour.

Alice performed on the Illusions...they mutually recorded a version of Under My Wheels.

Iggy Pop...go watch the video of "Home"...Iggy got it as well.

GnR guys are HUGE Iggy fans.

Perfect, Perfect choice, gotta say

As much as I didn't see ths choice coming, who would you rather have in place?

Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell, Liam "F'ing" Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Keef, Jimmy Page, Arnold or Mickey.

Those would make sense. Seeing Jerry Cantrell with Guns N' Roses would be freaking awesome. Chris Cornell could do it too.

System of a Down would've been great. Seeing my two favorite singers and my favorite guitarist on stage? Oh fuck yes.

I'm actually really disappointed with Green Day inducting them. Were they even influenced by GnR?

System of a Down hates GNR

Why the hell are Green Day inducting them, makes absolute no sense to me at all. Totally different musical style and they haven't once mentioned GN'R as an influence to my knowledge, and they don't seem the type of band to look up to Guns.

I hate Green Day, and would prefer almost any other band to induct them......I mean come on Green Day???...

I've just lost ALL of my interest in this even based on Izzy not attending, and now this announcement. :rolleyes:

The people whining about this are 14 or 15 year old kids, who like GNR because it's now "retro," but who hate Green Day (and Nirvana, and anything else from the mid 1990s) because it's "passe." Funny thing is, when bands like Green Day and Nirvana were at their height, GNR was considered passe. :rofl-lol: When people are like 14 or 15 years old, they like to "pick sides" of bands, because it's all about image for them and being aligned with the "cool" stuff. However, as most people get older, they start to have a much broader appreciation for things in general.

I'm not the world's biggest Green Day fan, but I do remember their first record and I can tell you they were fucking LEGIT back in the day. They might seem a bit lame to you young kids now, but they deserve your respect. so grow up and stop the whining. :violin:

I hate Green Day, and would prefer almost any other band to induct them......I mean come on Green Day???...

I'm sure the last thing on RRHOF's mind was what you think of Green Day. :rolleyes: Seriously, it's a subjective thing and no matter who they chose, there is gonna be a bunch of crybabies whining on the forum about how much they hate the band. big fucking deal! :rolleyes:

The people whining about this are 14 or 15 year old kids, who like GNR because it's now "retro," but who hate Green Day (and Nirvana, and anything else from the mid 1990s) because it's "passe." Funny thing is, when bands like Green Day and Nirvana were at their height, GNR was considered passe. :rofl-lol: When people are like 14 or 15 years old, they like to "pick sides" of bands, because it's all about image for them and being aligned with the "cool" stuff. However, as most people get older, they start to have a much broader appreciation for things in general.

I'm not the world's biggest Green Day fan, but I do remember their first record and I can tell you they were fucking LEGIT back in the day. They might seem a bit lame to you young kids now, but they deserve your respect. so grow up and stop the whining. :violin:

I'm sure the last thing on RRHOF's mind was what you think of Green Day. :rolleyes: Seriously, it's a subjective thing and no matter who they chose, there is gonna be a bunch of crybabies whining on the forum about how much they hate the band. big fucking deal! :rolleyes:

I'm 23 years old, and I've seen GN'R 23 times all over the world.......I'm not a little kid thank you very much. I have a wide range of musical interest, but I'm sorry, Green Day are NOT worthy to induct a legendary band like GN'R.

When I heard the rumours that Aerosmith or Liam Gallagher might, then I thought that might be cool. But Green Day is a big NO for me, and please don't make assumptions that everyone who hates Green Day are little kids who don't know any better......thank you. :thumbsdown:

So we got people who are positive both Izzy and Axl won't show, without either one quoted as saying they won't.

We got people who are positive the induction ceremony will be a disaster, without having a fucking clue as to what the fuck will happen.

We've got people who are convinced Green Day is a horrible choice made by the HOF, without having a fucking clue as to who made the decision or why.

We've got people who now have zero interest in the induction (or so they say), apparently because they hate Greenday more than they like GNR.

And we've got people who don't want any of the GNR inductees to even show up, just so induction night will be the disaster they are hoping & predicting it will be.

My one wish is that Axl isn't reading these boards right now, because this is fucking embarrassing as hell.

At least the whining about Green Day is fresh. I'll take it over the same ol' whining about a reunion any day.

I'm 23 years old, and I've seen GN'R 23 times all over the world.......I'm not a little kid thank you very much. I have a wide range of musical interest, but I'm sorry, Green Day are NOT worthy to induct a legendary band like GN'R.

:rofl-lol:

We've got people who now have zero interest in the induction (or so they say), apparently because they hate Greenday more than they like GNR.

LMFAO, post of the fucking century. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::thumbsup:

:rofl-lol:

What's so funny about that?, that I actually see the band and travel to different countries to do so. I know that might be a shock to guys like yourself sitting behind a computer screen complaining all the time, and don't actually SEE the band. :lol::lol::lol:

Glad you found it funny, because I'm about to see GN'R loads more times this year in the UK and Europe. ;)

So we got people who are positive both Izzy and Axl won't show, without either one quoted as saying they won't.

We got people who are positive the induction ceremony will be a disaster, without having a fucking clue as to what the fuck will happen.

We've got people who are convinced Green Day is a horrible choice made by the HOF, without having a fucking clue as to who made the decision or why.

And we've got people who don't want any of the GNR inductees to even show up, just so induction night will be the disaster they are hoping & predicting it will be.

My one wish is that Axl isn't reading these boards right now, because this is fucking embarrassing as hell.

Yup.

The people whining about this are 14 or 15 year old kids, who like GNR because it's now "retro," but who hate Green Day (and Nirvana, and anything else from the mid 1990s) because it's "passe." Funny thing is, when bands like Green Day and Nirvana were at their height, GNR was considered passe. :rofl-lol: When people are like 14 or 15 years old, they like to "pick sides" of bands, because it's all about image for them and being aligned with the "cool" stuff.

You must know everything.

You're so cool.

Edited by Chloe