The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

• 1 month later...

I picked up King Kong (2005) on Blu the other day since I've never owned it and have been on a bit of a Kong kick, but it's got to be the worst slipcase I've ever seen. I shit you not - five different stickers. HMV's big ass price sticker, a sticker that says the French version is included (which is a huge redundancy in Canadian editions when half the cover is billingual anyways), a sticker showing it includes a digital copy (as if the banner at the top didn't say that), a sticker showing it includes a DVD copy (sigh), and a sticker that advertises a Universal contest. Holy fuck. It takes up literally half of the box art. I'll break out the Goo Gone and be happy it was dirt cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at those the other day online. Nice set indeed, but I'm just not a big enough Star Wars fan to splurge on them (especially when I just splurged on the new James Bond steels :lol:).

Did you get all the Bond steels?

I still want to track down that Skyfall one with the DB5. So damn sexy.

I was looking at those the other day online. Nice set indeed, but I'm just not a big enough Star Wars fan to splurge on them (especially when I just splurged on the new James Bond steels :lol:).

Did you get all the Bond steels?

I still want to track down that Skyfall one with the DB5. So damn sexy.

Which one is that?

Sabbath - I'd link the picture but I'm on mobile right now. Google up "Skyfall Steelbook" and it'll be the first thing that pops up under images. It's pretty damn sexy. I bought it off Amazon UK back when it came out and just put the Region 1 disc in it since I had already bought the standard release anyways with the intention of putting the disc in the Bond 50 set.

P5 - yes, I ended up pre-ordering them all. :lol:

I'm not crazy on a few of them but I do like the concept overall and hope the rest of the series follows in the same format (I'd even ditch the Bond 50 set of that happens). Apparently some include additional new material so I'm hoping the Everything Or Nothing documentary has found its way onto the new Skyfall release. I think the rehash of the Bond 50 set that's coming includes it.

I'm still hoping for stand alone discs with the original poster art someday but at least this concept is different and not the usual garbage that the stand alone releases get. This time around the standard covers are exceptionally bad.

I still need it :(

If the new Skyfall steel includes EON, I'll totally pick it up. Otherwise I hope it gets a standalone Blu Ray release someday. Hell, it isn't even available on DVD for Region 1. Literally the only option we have is to watch it streaming on Netflix, and it's only on there every few months.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan...and I don't hate the prequels, so I can justify the splurge. :tongue2:

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered these steelbooks.

11158304-4914316646602391.jpg

A bit of a splurge, but I gotta have them. :devilshades:

I'm thinking about getting those. But the covers...one of these things is not like the other. And my son drew all over the box of the original Blu Rays with a marker.

I went on a bit of a splurge at Best Buy Saturday night. I got Con Air, The Cat Returns (Studio Ghibli film), Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa, Assault on Arkham, and The Princess Bride.

Edited by luciusfunk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...